Would you play your regen child...

Simply as the title suggests, if/when you get your kid in the game, would you play him no matter what out of loyalty? Would you give him any special treatment? Or would he be just any other youth team player?

I'm just curious to see how people would treat their in game son..

Simply as the title suggests, if/when you get your kid in the game, would you play him no matter what out of loyalty? Would you give him any special treatment? Or would he be just any other youth team player?

I'm just curious to see how people would treat their in game son..

He'd be just the same as any other player. After all, he isn't really my son. What would be interesting is to see how he responds to me as a manager, for example Alex Bruce, a player who should be in the lower Championship / upper League 1 on ability alone, but his commitment and motivation have made him an important part of the Hull squad in recent times on merit, as he's performed above his level. Then there is Chris Lee, son of erstwhile Hull assistant boss Jeff Lee. He too was committed and whole-hearted. Unfortunately, he was utter bobbins.

So, unless his regen face is better-looking than me (in which case I'll have nagging doubts about his parentage and bomb him out), if he performs, he plays.

After all, he isn't really my son.

What, so you're saying FM isn't real life?? This is shocking news indeed! :eek:

But seriously, if I ever get a son, I will play him in every single game whenever possible, even if only as an 89th minute substitute...

I honestly hope it never happens in a save. Just another headache to deal with and then what happens if you arent in a great league and your own child demands to move to a bigger club lol

I do wonder if the face given to represent this regen sprog will vaguely resemble the manager avatar thingy I've created. If I sire a mohawk hipster I'll be most dischuffed.

PaulHartman71 over in the fm career updates forum has a strategy I would use.

Buy the son for every club you move to, play him in quite a few games (If he is up to standard) if not always in cup games etc. Then loan him out to clubs at his standard and ensure he is at least playing for them.

I think PH71 has signed his son Adam hart for like 7 clubs.

If he was a bit rubbish I'd still keep him around the first team, get him tutored by the best players I can, have him learn the PPMs that best suit his position and then loan him out to a level at his standard. Make him the best player he could possibly be within his PA.

I'd probably sell him if a team made an offer, but I wouldn't transfer list him or actually offer him to other teams.

I think I'd see how he got on to start with but if he didn't amount to much then I'd get rid of him ASAP. I'd rather be successful and if that means cutting off family then so be it. I mean, I've already cut off significant amounts of my family to play FM on a regular basis so it's not really any different.

I've already cut off significant amounts of my family to play FM on a regular basis so it's not really any different.

?

Yeah... it's strange how the outsiders don't seem to understand how critical this game is to us - even to the point where some of us would rather have an In game child than a real life one ?

I think I'd see how he got on to start with but if he didn't amount to much then I'd get rid of him ASAP. I'd rather be successful and if that means cutting off family then so be it. I mean, I've already cut off significant amounts of my family to play FM on a regular basis so it's not really any different.

Laughing hard at this one.

Yeah... it's strange how the outsiders don't seem to understand how critical this game is to us - even to the point where some of us would rather have an In game child than a real life one

Haha yeah I know right?! Loads cheaper to have an in game one and they might actually do something with themselves.

I have got 4 'son's in my current game.(all 4 are crap, so they must be mine ;-)

Being manager of the national team I gave my eldest his debut at 15, and I think the other 3 will probably get their chance as well :-)

Played all 4 sons in 1 international game, breaking a record as well

zvwvnl.jpg

Played all 4 sons in 1 international game, breaking a record as well

zvwvnl.jpg

Great! :D

Just a simple question, is it 100% sure your son's coming out of the youth setup when you're managing that particular club for 10 years or is it just a possibility but not for granted? Also, does it happen at the start of your 10th season or at the end?

And what do you need to do to get more than one son in the game? Managing a national side f.e.?

I don't know if being the national manager helps or not - the odds for getting a son in the game is small, so to get 4 must mean you can increase the odds. (or is it really just luck?)

I have been manager of the same Thai team for 21 years, first son came after 16 years.

I think they are all random , as none of them are brothers to each other, 2 look Asian and 2 look Caucasian - and 2 of them were born just 6 months apart! They were all born in Thailand and have dual nationality.

I got the first son on the first youth intake, the 2nd and 3rd I got after about 30 reloads, and the 4th was after the 3rd reload.

I rarely use my real name in FM, and currently I'm playing with the surname 'Sausage'. So with that in mind, I will most definitely be playing any players with the surname Sausage if they come through my youth team.

Just a simple question, is it 100% sure your son's coming out of the youth setup when you're managing that particular club for 10 years or is it just a possibility but not for granted? Also, does it happen at the start of your 10th season or at the end?

Not sure about FM "Classic"/Touch as I've never played that, but in the full version it is completely random. Every youth pull at every club you're at has a 1:10,000 chance of producing a son for you, no matter how long you've been there.

I rarely use my real name in FM, and currently I'm playing with the surname 'Sausage'. So with that in mind, I will most definitely be playing any players with the surname Sausage if they come through my youth team.

So if he scored a hattrick, rather than a "Sausage goal show" it would be a "Sausage fest"...? :D

Not sure about FM "Classic"/Touch as I've never played that, but in the full version it is completely random. Every youth pull at every club you're at has a 1:10,000 chance of producing a son for you, no matter how long you've been there.

I keep reading about the 1 in 10.000 random chance of getting a son in the game - but is it all down to luck or can you improve your chances? I have got 4 sons in my game, at a total of 64 youth intakes. Even with a lot of luck you shouldn't be getting 4 sons in just 64 intakes.

Archived