Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fair enough Cougar. If you're given enough space, it could be just fine, otherwise you run into serious problems - see more than half the people with issues in the Tactics forums across the community. :D

Just now, goblinshark said:

Still find it curious during a winning run, you lose one game. Why entire team morale drops to poor and very poor, and can't start winning anymore

It doesn't have to drop that low. You're supposed to be the manager and part of that is also managing morale/motivation/confidence levels.

16 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

That's fair enough Cougar. If you're given enough space, it could be just fine, otherwise you run into serious problems - see more than half the people with issues in the Tactics forums across the community. :D

Yeah its not a good idea if the opposition are closing your team down & putting you under pressure.

Shows the importance of watching whats going on and knowing whether its a good idea or not.

28 minutes ago, goblinshark said:

Still find it curious during a winning run, you lose one game. Why entire team morale drops to poor and very poor, and can't start winning anymore

Thats immediately after the match.

Wait a couple of days and it will have returned to at least OK and possibly even good/very good depending on your team talk/media comments.

3 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Yeah its not a good idea if the opposition are closing your team down & putting you under pressure.

Shows the importance of watching whats going on and knowing whether its a good idea or not.

Cheers guys just learnt something today. I was under the misapprehension that that particualr TI was all about retaining the ball re possession stats rather than using it as a tactic per se (done so for many years tut tut)

1 minute ago, Kazza said:

Cheers guys just learnt something today. I was under the misapprehension that that particualr TI was all about retaining the ball re possession stats rather than using it as a tactic per se (done so for many years tut tut)

You're not alone, I also thought this. Might have to rethink my possession tactics going forward.

Just now, Llew_Arshavin23 said:

Probably asked and answered multiple times on previous pages, but a little pressed for time, so: will the pre-game Editor be released at the same time as the full game tonight / tomorrow?

Miles said on Twitter that it'll be available on the 4th.

I think that this last beta update completly messed up Inter.

I get the fact that you had to change the name to INTER due to licensing reasons and so on, but something produced performance issues.

Ony my Inter save, whenever I click anything that's related to Inter it takes like 2 seconds for the page to load.
Whether it be squad, tactics screen or just clicking on one of my players, it has a noticable delay.

But when I click on any other team, their squad screen or their players it's perfectly fine.

I even loaded up another game and took a different team, everything was fine.
Except for Inter.

<.<

1 hour ago, Cougar2010 said:

I never had issues before using instructions such as that plus keeping additional players deep to hold onto the ball that way to see out leads. Which makes me curious now though. I would never have used retain possession if I would try to break a stubborn defense down, as it makes through balls / risky passes to become less likely, same as for the general passing risk/directness being increased. Seen loads of pkms previous where people were limiting their options that way, applying every short pass tiki-taka retain instruction that's in there often leading to barely a risky ball played into the box anymore, or diagonal balls stretching the pitch in a misguided attempt to up that darn possession stats no matter what (and several other seriously limiting more, including manually tweaks to wide guys to sit narrower, which also reduces options and passing angles straight out of the bat). However the comments suggest the TI itself has been reworked (Previous: shorter passing, slower tempo, decreased risky balls), or there's much more pressure applied to the ball carrier now on occasion (i.e. improved pressing/closing down when the manager insists on it, including AI) or both. Now what is it. Not that I'll join the moaners once the demo hits and for the first time in ages have to complain about ai scoring on every bloody shot whilst we need 30, BROKEN ME SI. :D

Edited by Svenc

4 hours ago, Earnie is God! said:

Thanks for that, sorted it now, so you can see it. Not sure why it was set to private as I've uploaded many more before without having to change settings. Is this something youtube have changed in their default settings do you know?

Unfortunately i have no clue. Although Youtube did "unmark" my watched videos as not watched not too long ago.
Have had that happened before and that's when they had updated Youtube, so it might very well be the case.

Question: One of my elder players was home sick so I agreed that he could have extended leave? A month or two later he is still at the club and complains that I have not sanctioned his move away from the club. However, under the Transfer>Offer to Clubs there is no facility to offer him to clubs from his county of origin> Am I  missing something? Nor is there any other method of sending him home? The press have asked me and I have responded positively to letting him go, confused am I

Cheers

Edited by Kazza

Are planning/building delays an actual thing in the game or have I just got a bug? My board agreed to expand my stadium (only by about 1,000 seats if memory serves), and in the board requests section it says it should have been completed by the 22/7/17. However it's now the 28/10/2017 and still no expansion. On the board promises screen the blue bar is full as if the promise had been completed, but on the left hand side it still says "Planning" (rather than "Completed"). I've had no news item about the status of the expansion since I first requested it in May 2017. 

Is this a bug or have my board just employed some chancers for the building work? I'll post it in the right section if it is a bug but wanted to make sure first. A bit worried it's a potential game ender as it won't let me request a new stadium while the expansion is still in progress, which I would eventually need in a long term save.

Thanks in advance for any advise!

4 hours ago, seagull84 said:

anyone having trouble getting their board to set up an affiliate to increase overseas profile... used to be really easy and logical "yes" in other incarnations of the game which brought in some good money. On 17 i have asked about 100 times and always been rejected 

Have never ever been able to get this type of affiliate with Barca - not since FM15 I think

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

@Neil Brock

Ye but tried removing them and it made no difference. also deleted all cache and preference folders.  

May be the AV interfering post update - sometimes when a Steam game is updated the AV can read it as a 'threat' and makes a weird conflict. Try reading this - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2017/84_how-to/89_pc/how-to-make-sure-that-an-anti-virus-program-isnt-interfering-with-steam-or-fm pc-r225/

The retain possession is a great TI to achieve patient play at a low tempo Hunter :kriss:

can see why some ppl would want to use it to time waste or nullify the oppo for the last 5-10 mins but I'd add shorter passing to achieve that time wasting effect. 

where I think most ppl go wrong is using shorter passing AND retain possession from the start of the match .... then wonder why it's not achieving the Pep-style they're expecting :brock:

New features in game editor:

In-Game

Since its introduction in Football Manager 2014, the In-Game Editor has been a popular addition to the FM player’s toolkit. As with all elements of the game, ideas and feedback from our community often gives us inspiration to add new functionality and features.

For FM 2017, we’ve added the option to give a player a transfer value when you move him between clubs. When you move players this way the game will react as if the transfer had happened organically, including agent fees as well as fees relating to the player’s current contract. These moves are affected by your board restrictions though, so if you’re working under ‘lower fee retained from your transfers’ conditions you’ll only see a percentage of the sale rather than the full amount… something to bear in mind when moving players out of your club.

Previous versions of the In-Game Editor have only allowed for the movement of manager from club to club, but from this year national team managers can be moved too. This feature applies to both your own in-game profile as well as the AI managers, so you are free to appoint yourself as manager of any national team that takes your fancy.

We’ve also added the option to select all players in your club (including youth and reserve) when performing tasks such as removing bans and injuries or changing morale and happiness, which can be useful when you have issues affecting the entire club. Previously these tasks would have had to be carried out on a ‘player by player’ basis.

Other improvements include the ability to edit reputations for reserve teams in competitive leagues, edit monthly loan fees, move a player on a loan deal (not just a transfer) and change the condition of stadiums. Finally, we’ve made a number of general usability improvements too.

New features pre-game editor:

One of the most requested features this year in the Pre-Game Editor was a change to how competition boundaries are set. As a result, it’s now possible to use local regions, so you can confine your competitions to regional groups or even limit them to particular cities.

We’ve also included a more detailed explanation of the different editor options and how they’re used, which should make the whole experience of using the editor much easier for new and existing users and allow everyone to benefit fully from the Editor’s full power.

For those who like to create entirely new teams, we’ve added an option to create random kits. It’s even possible to ‘group select’ clubs and randomise all of their kits at once. Doing this ensures that all of the selected clubs will have different coloured kits with different styles.

We’ve also added an ‘undo’ feature, meaning that changes to competition rules can be undone by using a slider to determine how many you’d like to revert, while database changes are now grouped into a single place where they can be removed individually or all at once.

And there are plenty more changes too, including the ability to add non-player future transfers to the editor, add dates/season into the top goalscorer record for competitions, there are new custom filters, you can change domestic competition colours, there are some new basic rules (such as third-place play-off functionality) and the computer can even help fill in a player’s missing stats by being able to choose his role.

6 minutes ago, KUBI said:

New features in game editor:

In-Game

Since its introduction in Football Manager 2014, the In-Game Editor has been a popular addition to the FM player’s toolkit. As with all elements of the game, ideas and feedback from our community often gives us inspiration to add new functionality and features.

For FM 2017, we’ve added the option to give a player a transfer value when you move him between clubs. When you move players this way the game will react as if the transfer had happened organically, including agent fees as well as fees relating to the player’s current contract. These moves are affected by your board restrictions though, so if you’re working under ‘lower fee retained from your transfers’ conditions you’ll only see a percentage of the sale rather than the full amount… something to bear in mind when moving players out of your club.

Previous versions of the In-Game Editor have only allowed for the movement of manager from club to club, but from this year national team managers can be moved too. This feature applies to both your own in-game profile as well as the AI managers, so you are free to appoint yourself as manager of any national team that takes your fancy.

We’ve also added the option to select all players in your club (including youth and reserve) when performing tasks such as removing bans and injuries or changing morale and happiness, which can be useful when you have issues affecting the entire club. Previously these tasks would have had to be carried out on a ‘player by player’ basis.

Other improvements include the ability to edit reputations for reserve teams in competitive leagues, edit monthly loan fees, move a player on a loan deal (not just a transfer) and change the condition of stadiums. Finally, we’ve made a number of general usability improvements too.

WOW, excellent new features!

Excellent pre-game features.

Genuinely quite pleased with the loan option too in the IGE, that's the kind of thing I would like to meddle with where my youngsters need game time.