[FM17][SKIN] Football Manager 2017 Base Skins

michaeltmurrayuk

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Yeah its similar but not the same:

capture_007_19112016_173447.jpg

yours is missing the touchline in the corner and your pitch looks to only fill half the screen when the default pitch goes up three quarters.

Weird even with the base skins (on a laptop) i see the image above.  I can only presume its the same image but  due to screen size i dont see the line extra... even when i change the defaul image it only changes on preferences etc but not manager home... oh well. sod it. :)  cheers mike.

1 hour ago, 2calvin said:

@michaeltmurrayuk is it possible to change the sidebar and titlebar to a permanent black on all screens and not team colours? (using dark base skin)

For the sidebar have a look at this thread:

For the titlebar you'll need to edit the 'titlebar' and 'header' xml files found in the skins\fm\panels\generic folder (and if you want to do the same in the match screen edit the 'match title bar' xml file found in skins\fm\panels\match) - you'll need to extract each of those files (and the ones from the above linked thread) from the default game files and then copy them over to the same place for the base skin, if you don't know how to do that then instructions are here.

Then in each of those files you need to locate each instance of primary (and secondary if you want the text/icons to be readable) and change it to read the colour of your choice.

23 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Is there an idiots guide on how the "image slicing" works within paper files? I've never really understood it.

There is some basic info here, from FM15 but same still applies:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/432206-Football-Manager-2015-Skinning-Guide-Part-4-Editing-the-Skin-Graphics

On 11/19/2016 at 17:41, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Custom background shows through for me on both those screens (after altering transparency on inbox):

capture_006_19112016_163956.jpgcapture_005_19112016_163927.jpg

I really like how this looks but I didn't figure  how can I add background to this skin... ?

also my letters of goal scorers are black.... i can't see who scored =D

20161129141641_1.jpg

Can't figure out why, but touch skins put into the skins folder on my tablet aren't showing up, neither the unedited base skins, or one's I've worked on. Tried clearing the tablet's cache, restarting it, nothing but the three default skins show up.

Also, I started a thread on it, but editing the attribute colours of FMT skins does not work like it did on 15 and 16.

On 29/11/2016 at 13:18, InSp1RaT0R1950 said:

I really like how this looks but I didn't figure  how can I add background to this skin... ?

also my letters of goal scorers are black.... i can't see who scored =D

20161129141641_1.jpg

To add a background you just need to name the image you want to show as default and then put it in the graphics\backgrounds folder for the skin (if the folders don't exist you'll need to create them), then to get it to show you need to edit the transparency of various screens, instructions should be in the thread aswell as the stickied threads.

The goalscorers not showing is a game bug that will hopefully fixed in a patch.

23 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Can't figure out why, but touch skins put into the skins folder on my tablet aren't showing up, neither the unedited base skins, or one's I've worked on. Tried clearing the tablet's cache, restarting it, nothing but the three default skins show up.

Also, I started a thread on it, but editing the attribute colours of FMT skins does not work like it did on 15 and 16.

Is your tablet using the full FMTouch version of the Mobile version? If its the mobile version then it might different instructions but I don't have access to it so you might be best posting in its forum.

If its the full touch version then that should have six skins by default (three normal and three touch versions), also make sure you are putting the skins in the correct location as the touch mode has a different location as per second post in the thread.

13 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Is your tablet using the full FMTouch version of the Mobile version? If its the mobile version then it might different instructions but I don't have access to it so you might be best posting in its forum.

If its the full touch version then that should have six skins by default (three normal and three touch versions), also make sure you are putting the skins in the correct location as the touch mode has a different location as per second post in the thread.

It's the Touch for tablets, in this case a Shield K1, I've posted a thread in the Android bugs forum to see if they can help. The skins for Touch on PC are working fine, barring the attribute colours issue.

On 11/30/2016 at 18:46, michaeltmurrayuk said:

To add a background you just need to name the image you want to show as default and then put it in the graphics\backgrounds folder for the skin (if the folders don't exist you'll need to create them), then to get it to show you need to edit the transparency of various screens, instructions should be in the thread aswell as the stickied threads.

The goalscorers not showing is a game bug that will hopefully fixed in a patch.

I tried... many times :mad:

Hi

I'm playing FMT 2017 - Using Base 2017 Touch - Dark.

I'm wondering, if it's possible to add my own picture to my human manger profile, like I'we added normal facepacks to other players and staffs.
I have tried editing the config-file for facepacks, both with uniq ID and with name and birthday, but I can't get it to work with my own human manager profile.

It seems that its build only to work with the "generated 3D picture", but I want my own picture, like in earlier versions of FM :-)

Thanks...

25 minutes ago, MichaelHeding said:

Hi

I'm wondering, if it's possible to add my own picture to my human manger profile, like I'we added normal facepacks to other players and staffs.
I have tried editing the config-file for facepacks, both with uniq ID and with name and birthday, but I can't get it to work with my own human manager profile.

It seems that its build only to work with the "generated 3D picture", but I want my own picture, like in earlier versions of FM :-)

Thanks...

Uhh, I re added it, but I can't remember how. Search for manager picture in the game folder.

On 16/12/2016 at 12:15, MichaelHeding said:

Hi

Thanks...

I see that I'm not the only one missing the real picture...

Please help, someone (:

23 hours ago, MichaelHeding said:

@D_LO_ It's correct, that you can no longer add your own picture anymore. Thats why I'm asking in this Skin forum. I was hoping that someone, could tell if its possible to make any changes to the skin or panel files to allow manager picture again.

20 hours ago, D_LO_ said:

Re-wording the question doesn't change anything I'm afraid. I know for a fact this topic has come up numerous times so any possible solution will have definitely been discussed already (if it exists)

So search! 

It's in TCS v1.2, I just reactivated the code. If you want it just copy 'preferences display sound panel.xml' from the game folder, into the game folder of the touch base skin.

Football Manager 2017_ Preferences Interface.png

You can also just take the 'manager profile panel preferences' xml from the panels folder of FM16 and place it in the panels/human folder for your FM17 skin and it will re-add that box to the preferences screen.

As its a quick change here is the file; fm17managerpic.zip

Just unzip that and place the human folder in the panels folder for the base skin you are using, then reload the skin and go to the Preferences -> Interface Screen and the option to assign a manager picture should be back.

That should work for both full mode and touch skins, though I've only checked that it puts an image on the manager profile screen, I haven't tested it to see if it replaces the manager image elsewhere or if it causes any issues in other places.

On 25/12/2016 at 13:52, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You can also just take the 'manager profile panel preferences' xml from the panels folder of FM16 and place it in the panels/human folder for your FM17 skin and it will re-add that box to the preferences screen.

As its a quick change here is the file; fm17managerpic.zip

Just unzip that and place the human folder in the panels folder for the base skin you are using, then reload the skin and go to the Preferences -> Interface Screen and the option to assign a manager picture should be back.

That should work for both full mode and touch skins, though I've only checked that it puts an image on the manager profile screen, I haven't tested it to see if it replaces the manager image elsewhere or if it causes any issues in other places.

That worked perfect.

It changes the picture on human manager profile and in other sections of the game.

When changing the fonts and saving them in the end, the xml-files seems to get corrupted...when loading the game with the base-skin in the game I get a errorrapport I can't remove.

The same happens, when only changing a letter and put in the original again, before saving the xml-file again.

It seems like any changes ending up with saving makes som damage to the specific xml-file.

I am using Mac OS Siri.

When operating within "Finder" and using "TextEdit" and saving the files - the right side of windows ends up changing from the text inside the file to the "Safari" symbol.

With FM 2016 there are no problems - its seems to be an issue with FM 2017.

Respons will be much appreciated - thank you.       

23 hours ago, Lars2012 said:

When changing the fonts and saving them in the end, the xml-files seems to get corrupted...when loading the game with the base-skin in the game I get a errorrapport I can't remove.

The same happens, when only changing a letter and put in the original again, before saving the xml-file again.

It seems like any changes ending up with saving makes som damage to the specific xml-file.

I am using Mac OS Siri.

When operating within "Finder" and using "TextEdit" and saving the files - the right side of windows ends up changing from the text inside the file to the "Safari" symbol.

With FM 2016 there are no problems - its seems to be an issue with FM 2017.

Respons will be much appreciated - thank you.       

Your problem could be that TextEdit changes the quotation marks to speech marks which are different and the game won't recognise. I had this issue before and had to copy a quotation mark from an unedited part to the part I just edited.

If you download TextEditor from the app store and use that instead of TextEdit then it makes things a lot easier. Its close to notepad++ on windows where lines are numbered and text is different colours for different sections. Give that a try

10 hours ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

Your problem could be that TextEdit changes the quotation marks to speech marks which are different and the game won't recognise. I had this issue before and had to copy a quotation mark from an unedited part to the part I just edited.

If you download TextEditor from the app store and use that instead of TextEdit then it makes things a lot easier. Its close to notepad++ on windows where lines are numbered and text is different colours for different sections. Give that a try

Touch down:applause:

It works now, thank you for your help Alexpuk2002:thup:

So I am editing the base skin and taken some inspiration from a few of the skins around, but I am having an issue with the inbox graphic on the side panel. When there is some new news in the inbox, the number doesnt appear in the graphic. I have included a pic of this below to show what it looks like.

compress.png

Does anybody know how I can fix this?

Hello, any help would be greatly appreciated!

On previous FM's I had the Stadium Images show up below Kits in Stadium on the Basic Skin, but can't find any basic skins with this added this time around! Is there any way I can create this for my basic skin please?

https://gyazo.com/378e26313658ea5293c2d5350f00fb83 This is the image of my current view of the stadium, no image! :( Winnie-the-Pooh

31 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Ah fair enough, I'll have to make something similar :p 

Its basically the default.  I was gonna implement Vitrex's (which I might) but cant be bothered skinning much, now playing an actual save :) 

Hello, before I start asking I want to appreciate your thread. You really done nice work. 

I have read your article and learning much. But I have question to ask.

I want to change my player "Profile Pictures" to "Back-of-the-Kit". In first pic, I have FM Dark Skin, and in second pic I have FM Touch Skin. I want to change my player "Profile Pictures" to "Back-of-the-Kit" in right corner. How I do that?

Thanks.

1.png

2.png

The gap will be caused by the values you have entered for the kit sizes, in the 'match incidents small' xml file found in the panels\match folder you'll need to reduce the height of the kit (as the height value you've set will be bigger than the width so you are left with empty space), if you cannot remember what you did to change the kit sizes then have a read of this post:

That's just for the width, there should be a bit of code that looks something like this further down:

<!-- stick the icon widget here -->
<container height="80" width="80" col="0" row="0">

80 is the default value, you might want to change yours to 100 if you still want a bigger kit, but as long as the values are less than 120 it should get rid of the gap.

(If you just want it all back to default then you can just delete that file).

How do I fix the colour of the team names on this? Which panel do I need to edit? I did delete something by mistake but it didn't go to my recycle bin! Weird.

If you can point me to the panel and code that would be great! :) Thanks

It's the pop up that happens after the game when the score pops up.

0586ea65a05a97b743ffe7b68fb0698c.png

If its to do with an instant result button you have added to the skin then the panel should be controlled by the 'match incidents overview popup right' and 'match incidents overview popup left' xml files located in the panels\match folder for the skin you are using, in those files locate these bits of code:

colour="match text"

and change it to read something like;

colour="text"

If those files aren't present you'll need to extract them guide here:

If that doesn't work then you are best checking with where you got the instant result button download from.

You cannot really recolour it as it is hardcoded to appear yellow when you get extra money from being on TV and grey when you don't get extra money. (And FM17 doesn't allow you to change shade of the default colours).

You might be able to cheat by setting it back to use the TV text instead of the icon, it should be controlled by the 'competition fixtures item panel' xml file found in the panels\competition folder.

In that file you first need to comment out or delete the picture widget code for the TV icon and uncomment the old label widget.

Then once you have done that you should be able to use the gradient trick to recolour the text, instructions on how to do that can be found in this thread:

(You just need to add the font="<FONT_NAME>" bit to the above line you uncommented instead of the one in the linked thread.)

Archived