[FM17] League Table Comp Overview, Leagues in Focus Screens (Adjust column width)

pedrosantos

First one should be controlled by the 'panels\competition\competition overview panel.xml' file

This line at the top should control the panel split:

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,-2" offset="0" gap="1" />

negative numbers are a ratio so by default the left panel gets half the room of the right panel, you can experiment with the values to get what you want or if you want the table to be a fixed width use an actual number and change the second number to -1.

The table layout is controlled by the 'league stage panel views' xml file located in the same folder, you need to look for the overview tables to edit the contents have a look at this thread (instructions should be roughly the same): [FM15 Guide] Editing the League Table

For your second post that screen should be controlled by the 'leagues in focus overview selector panel' xml file again in the same folder, with the individual tables being controlled by the above file, but it will be one of the different overview tables, just look for the one with the same columns set.

7 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

First one should be controlled by the 'panels\competition\competition overview panel.xml' file

This line at the top should control the panel split:

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,-2" offset="0" gap="1" />

negative numbers are a ratio so by default the left panel gets half the room of the right panel, you can experiment with the values to get what you want or if you want the table to be a fixed width use an actual number and change the second number to -1.

The table layout is controlled by the 'league stage panel views' xml file located in the same folder, you need to look for the overview tables to edit the contents have a look at this thread (instructions should be roughly the same): [FM15 Guide] Editing the League Table

For your second post that screen should be controlled by the 'leagues in focus overview selector panel' xml file again in the same folder, with the individual tables being controlled by the above file, but it will be one of the different overview tables, just look for the one with the same columns set.

In case of those files are missing in the skin I should extract them with the resource archiver, correct ?

2 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Yes if the files arent present they need extracting from the fmf files.

First screenshot is done :)

As for the second I can't find the panel  leagues in focus overview selector panel.xml inside the panels folder (the one extracted with the resource archiver). I need to decrease the width of those columns inside the league table in order to increase the column of the team name.

Thanks

24 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

It should be inside the panels\competition folder with the rest, if not make sure you have also extracted the contents of the latest patch from the updates folder as it might have been added by one of the patches.

Okay, I',m going to check that :)

Thank you

1 hour ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

It should be inside the panels\competition folder with the rest, if not make sure you have also extracted the contents of the latest patch from the updates folder as it might have been added by one of the patches.

Found the file but I don't see any reference for column width

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<!-- A panel allowing the user to choose any active league and get an overview of it's current state -->
<panel save_session_state="true">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" layout_children="true" inset="0" />
    <container class="bordered_box">
        <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top, extend" gap="4" offset="10" />
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" layout_children="true" inset="10" />

<container class="horizontal_arrange_container" alignment="right, extend" inset="0" gap="0" offset="0" auto_size="vertical" stick_embedded="top">
            <widget class="comp_button" id="comp" style="bold" auto_size="vertical">
                <layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="vertical" offset="0" />
            </widget>
            <widget class="popup_button" id="popu" auto_size="horizontal" height="25" auto_tick_exclusive="true" fixed="true" appearance="buttons/custom/customise panel/button" />
        </container>

<container class="horizontal_arrange_container" alignment="fill" inset="0" gap="20" offset="0">
            <container class="competition_news_panel" id="news" file="none" maximum_items="8" parent="Pnlf">
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<container id="none" hidden="true">
                    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" layout_children="true" inset="10" />

<widget class="text" multiline="true" alignment="centre" colour="faded text">
                        <translation id="text" translation_id="395483" type="use" value="There is currently no news to display for this competition.[COMMENT:FR 11005; FM news panel; String displayed when there is not yet any news to display to user]" />
                    </widget>
                </container>

<container class="vertical_adaptive_container" mode="dont_distribute" inset="0" gap="0" offset="0">

<container class="horizontal_arrange_container" alignment="left" inset="0" gap="0" offset="0" index="0" height="18" priority="1">
                        <string id="skin_style" value="title link" />

<widget class="link_button" section="csnw" auto_size="all" >
                            <translation id="text" translation_id="320583" type="use" value="Headlines[COMMENT: major news stories from competition]" />
                        </widget>
                    </container>
                    <container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item league overview" index="1" height="45" priority="2" />
                    <container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item league overview" index="2" height="45" priority="3" />
                    <container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item league overview" index="3" height="45" priority="4" />
                    <container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item league overview" index="4" height="45" priority="5" />
                    <container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item league overview" index="5" height="45" priority="6" />
                    <container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item league overview" index="6" height="45" priority="7" />
                    <container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item league overview" index="7" height="45" priority="8" />
                    <container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item league overview" index="8" height="45" priority="9" />
                </container>
            </container>

<container class="vertical_arrange_container" layout="18,-1" inset="0" gap="0" offset="0">

<container class="horizontal_arrange_container" alignment="left" inset="0" gap="0" offset="0" auto_size="vertical">

<string id="skin_style" value="title link" />

<widget class="link_button" section="cssp" auto_size="all">
                        <translation id="text" translation_id="242904" type="use" value="League Table[COMMENT - competition stage panel: title for league table]" />
                    </widget>
                </container>

<widget class="competition_stage_panel" file="none" id="leag" overview_version="true">

<!-- No game panel-->
                    <container id="nots" hidden="true">
                        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" offset="0" gap="10" />
                        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" layout_children="true" />

<widget class="text" id="nost" alignment="centre" scolour="faded text" auto_size="vertical" />
                    </container>

<!-- group box for stage to go into -->
                    <container id="stgb">
                        <!--league stage panel-->
                        <widget class="league_stage_panel" id="lspn" hidden="true" view="oovr" league_table_heading_length="0" />
                        <!--cup stage_panel-->
                        <widget class="cup_stage_panel" file="competition/cup overview stage" id="cstp" hidden="true" save_session_state="true" />
                        <!--group stage scrolling box (to be filled in code)-->
                        <widget class="scrolling_box" id="gscb" hidden="true" save_session_state="true" />
                    </container>
                </widget>

</container>
        </container>
    </container>
</panel>

• 1 month later...

Aaaarrrrggghhh. I've got myself very confused. I am trying to adjust the league table so there is not a massive gap. I have a feeling I cannot get it to work because of the latest update 1720 folder. I've extracted it but have now really confused myself as to what I am doing. Can some kind soul who has no headache advise me what to do? :)

I have amended the league stage panel views file which is in my base17dark skin/panels. Would the same file in the updates 1720 folder be overriding it, even though I have this in my skins folder? If it is, do I just delete it?

Archived