International Champions Cup

On 8/11/2016 at 11:35, OllieDrew said:

I have created the International Champions Cup competitions for the USA/Europe, Australia & China. I have made them larger, more competitive and have added finals to each one.  They take place during July and there is a 4 day break between fixtures. Every year and each cup has a Player Of The Tournament award. The tournament and the teams are set for each year. Similar to the USA tournament in real life using European venues in 2016, I have also included this with the USA and neighbouring venues for Australia & China for my file. The details are as follows;

America/Europe [ID: 100000024];

2016 Onwards – 10 teams with top two qualifying for the final

Real Madrid, Barcelona, FC Bayern, Liverpool, PSG, Chelsea, AC Milan, Celtic, New York Red Bulls & LA Galaxy.

USA Stadiums used [13 hosting 3 ties each] = The Rose Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Los Angeles Memorial Stadium, Ohio Stadium, MetLife Stadium, AT&T Stadium, FedEx Stadium, CenturyLink Stadium, Arrowhead Stadium, Sports Authority Field At Mile High, SunLife Stadium, Soldier Field Stadium & NRG Stadium.

European Stadiums used [6 hosting 1 tie each] = The Principality Stadium [Cardiff, Wales], Wembley Stadium [London, England], The Aviva Stadium [Dublin, Ireland], Celtic Park [Glasgow, Scotland], The Nou Camp [Barcelona, Spain] & The Friends Arena [Stockholm, Sweden].

Ties take place July 12th – July 28th 

Final takes place July 30th.

Australia [ID: 100000025];

2016 Onwards – 8 teams with top two qualifying for the final

Juventus, Arsenal, Atletico Madrid, Tottenham Hotspur, Sevilla, AS Roma, FC Porto & Adelaide United.

Australian Stadiums used [4 hosting 5 ties each] = The Melbourne Cricket Ground, Docklands Stadium, Stadium Australia & The Adelaide Oval.

Other Stadiums used [4 hosting 2 ties each] = The National Stadium [Kallang, Singapore], Eden Park [Auckland, New Zealand], Nasional Bukit Jalil [Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia] & Gelora Bung Karno [Jakarta, Indonesia].

Ties take place July 12th – July 26th

Final takes place July 29th.

China [ID: 100000026];

2016 Onwards – 8 teams with top two qualifying for the final

Manchester City, Manchester United, Borrusia Dortmund, Inter Milan, Napoli, Benfica, Leverkusen & Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao.

Chinese Stadiums used [4 hosting 5 ties each] = National Olympic Stadium ‘Bird’s Nest’, Guangdong Olympic Sports Centre, The Workers Stadium & The Wuhan Sports Centre Stadium.

Other Stadiums used [4 hosting 2 ties each] = The Seoul World Cup Stadium [Seoul, South Korea], Rajamangala National Stadium [Bangkok, Thailand], Hong Kong Stadium [So Kon Po, Hong Kong] & The Nissan Stadium [Yokohama, Japan].

Ties take place July 12th – July 26th

Final takes place July 29thth.

I have included all histories to previous competitions for winners and runners-up as to 2015 plus the Player Of The Tournament Awards. The player award histories were based on tournament reports, as there were no real awards for the competitions. All winners and awards are added to the history section as these trophies have been tested on FM 2017.

How to add these tournaments on FM17:

1. Move the downloaded .fmf file to the following location:
    Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2017 / editor data
    Create the "editor data" folder if it doesn't exist.
  2. Open FM 2017 and start a new save-game with this file selected.

International Champions Cup_0C14B0D4-5724-4B90-8DAC-C1E9A2695E50.fmf

Fantastic Work you have done here. Any chance that you Can remove Liverpool and Celtic with Valencia and Schalke? 

On 19/11/2016 at 09:02, @Mike_THFC said:

Oliie, is it possible to swap teams around easily on the editor? Don't want to keep bothering you. I've had a look on the editor and changed one setting. Importance from 'Super Cup' to 'Friendly Cup'. Hope that doesn't cause any errors.

No problems Mike. When you load the editor, load my file and look at the league settings in the drop down menu. As you look down the list you will see teams. Click on it and you will see the teams I have entered. Highlight the team and just search for another if you want to change them. At the bottom of the competition tree you will see qualified teams this means the teams that are used for the following years. These can be changed but because Australia, China and Australia seasons overlap to Europe's it caused the file to crash when I first started it. If you change the tournament from Super Cup to Friendly Cup then the attendances for each game will drop drastically and therefore the high prize money becomes inadequate to the attendances. But you will see the prize money in the drop down list which can also be changed. Hope this is making sense? Any more questions then drop me a line OK?

Just now, OllieDrew said:

No problems Mike. When you load the editor, load my file and look at the league settings in the drop down menu. As you look down the list you will see teams. Click on it and you will see the teams I have entered. Highlight the team and just search for another if you want to change them. At the bottom of the competition tree you will see qualified teams this means the teams that are used for the following years. These can be changed but because Australia, China and Australia seasons overlap to Europe's it caused the file to crash when I first started it. If you change the tournament from Super Cup to Friendly Cup then the attendances for each game will drop drastically and therefore the high prize money becomes inadequate to the attendances. But you will see the prize money in the drop down list which can also be changed. Hope this is making sense? Any more questions then drop me a line OK?

Forgot when loading my file go to advanced options then you will see my tournaments.

On 18/11/2016 at 18:33, ernemann said:

Fantastic Work you have done here. Any chance that you Can remove Liverpool and Celtic with Valencia and Schalke? 

As a Liverpool fan you are asking a lot here lol to take my team out. Here you go Liverpool and Celtic out, Valencia and Schalke in. Tournament won't be the same though. Please like and give my file some stars on the Steam Workshop OK?

International Champions Cup_29E71F85-5D39-4011-A758-46C0E9ED003E.fmf

55 minutes ago, willz71172 said:

ollie so can u not do it and have random teams per year

I will give it a go but I can't guarantee that the file will not crash. Australia, China and the USA seasons overlap against Europe therefore when you run the file the tournament works the first season but crashes the game during August. I will try it out and if it works I will update a new version for everyone tomorrow.

4 hours ago, OllieDrew said:

As a Liverpool fan you are asking a lot here lol to take my team out. Here you go Liverpool and Celtic out, Valencia and Schalke in. Tournament won't be the same though. Please like and give my file some stars on the Steam Workshop OK?

International Champions Cup_29E71F85-5D39-4011-A758-46C0E9ED003E.fmf

I Will do that tomorrow. Thank you so much :) 

15 hours ago, OllieDrew said:

I will give it a go but I can't guarantee that the file will not crash. Australia, China and the USA seasons overlap against Europe therefore when you run the file the tournament works the first season but crashes the game during August. I will try it out and if it works I will update a new version for everyone tomorrow.

thanks i will hold of starting my  game can u not just change the dates

On 15/11/2016 at 19:12, kingrobbo said:

Use his earlier files read the help threads on editor forum thats why did them and have a go yourself it is straightforward to do

Hi Rob,

Any help mate? Been trying to change the teams to more random from 2017 onwards for my file. I have duplicated the 3 files so I have two of each in the editor. The first file has the teams set for 2016 this works brilliantly. When I put random winners of or best teams from various divisions or cups in the qualified teams tab I get an issue. When I test the rules it states no teams found for fixtures is stage 1 of competition [Final] meaning the team set up for comp in the league section is wrong. Any ideas? Cheers.

12 hours ago, OllieDrew said:

Hi Rob,

Any help mate? Been trying to change the teams to more random from 2017 onwards for my file. I have duplicated the 3 files so I have two of each in the editor. The first file has the teams set for 2016 this works brilliantly. When I put random winners of or best teams from various divisions or cups in the qualified teams tab I get an issue. When I test the rules it states no teams found for fixtures is stage 1 of competition [Final] meaning the team set up for comp in the league section is wrong. Any ideas? Cheers.

I really hope you can give a hand. I tried both links you shared, the fmf file is in my editor data folder, the competition is ticked when I'm about to start a save, but once I start there's no competition, USA, Australia, neither China. None :(

P.S. I have now understood the problem, its because I have several more pre-season competitions and the unique IDs are repeated. Is it possible to change it ?

On 21/11/2016 at 21:36, pedrosantos said:

I really hope you can give a hand. I tried both links you shared, the fmf file is in my editor data folder, the competition is ticked when I'm about to start a save, but once I start there's no competition, USA, Australia, neither China. None :(

P.S. I have now understood the problem, its because I have several more pre-season competitions and the unique IDs are repeated. Is it possible to change it ?

Yes. Load the competition in the editor and go to the competitions tab first. Type in your competition name and when it comes up highlight it and DUPLICATE it. It will be given the next available ID number. So if your comp is 100000028 for example it will move to 100000029. Delete the old one and use the new one. But on the new one you will have to add the comp name etc to the new file for it to work. Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, OllieDrew said:

Yes. Load the competition in the editor and go to the competitions tab first. Type in your competition name and when it comes up highlight it and DUPLICATE it. It will be given the next available ID number. So if your comp is 100000028 for example it will move to 100000029. Delete the old one and use the new one. But on the new one you will have to add the comp name etc to the new file for it to work. Hope this helps.

:thup:

2 hours ago, OllieDrew said:

The game will automatically does this for you.  The editor will always start with the same numbers its why it has 2 sets of ID numbers so you can have multiple files going on.  The game will allocate them out in file order so whatever is alphannnumerically first will get the 1000000028 and onwards etc..

18 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

The game will automatically does this for you.  The editor will always start with the same numbers its why it has 2 sets of ID numbers so you can have multiple files going on.  The game will allocate them out in file order so whatever is alphannnumerically first will get the 1000000028 and onwards etc..

That's correct but not if all the files were done separately. You could have two separate files with the same ID number. Then only one will work.

On 21 November 2016 at 20:09, willz71172 said:

can u not do say put 4 teams in all the time rest teams random or change dates games are played

I am still trying to make random teams from 2017 onwards. The trouble is the comp does not pick up winners of leagues etc for the following years. It gets stuck with a majority of the same teams every year regardless. I am missing something but will keep on it. As some as I fix it will update the file.

Archived