International Champions Club

I created a International Champions Cup for FM 17. I know that 6 hours ago OllieDrew release also International Champions Cup but I have another version and I finish this yesterday so now you could choose what version you like.

International Champions Cup

16 teams (both finalist of Champions League and Europa League, 3 best teams from Spain and England, 2 best teams from Italy, Germany and France)

4 groups with 4 teams each; every team play 3 games and there is no finals; if draw there are penalties; 3 points for won, 2 points for won in penalties, 1 point for lost in penalties and 0 for lost in regular time

Every teams play 3 games between 20-31 July, every day are played 2 games from one goup

Money awards for places in every group: 1. 5 mln euro; 2. 3 mln euro; 3. 2 mln euro 4. 1 mln euro

There is host nations list for first 20 years:

2016 Usa & China 2017 Australia & USA 2018 China & Mexico 2019 Japan & USA 2020 USA & China etc.

and later random from this countries: China, USA, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, India, Mexico.

If there are 2 host nations then group A & C play in one country and B & D play in second country.

Download link

Feel free to use and edit this file, but if you get it on your site please sign that I also work on this :)

On 8/11/2016 at 18:45, Kleyo said:

I created a International Champions Cup for FM 17. I know that 6 hours ago OllieDrew release also International Champions Cup but I have another version and I finish this yesterday so now you could choose what version you like.

International Champions Cup

16 teams (both finalist of Champions League and Europa League, 3 best teams from Spain and England, 2 best teams from Italy, Germany and France)

4 groups with 4 teams each; every team play 3 games and there is no finals; if draw there are penalties; 3 points for won, 2 points for won in penalties, 1 point for lost in penalties and 0 for lost in regular time

Every teams play 3 games between 20-31 July, every day are played 2 games from one goup

Money awards for places in every group: 1. 5 mln euro; 2. 3 mln euro; 3. 2 mln euro 4. 1 mln euro

There is host nations list for first 20 years:

2016 Usa & China 2017 Australia & USA 2018 China & Mexico 2019 Japan & USA 2020 USA & China etc.

and later random from this countries: China, USA, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, India, Mexico.

If there are 2 host nations then group A & C play in one country and B & D play in second country.

Download link

Feel free to use and edit this file, but if you get it on your site please sign that I also work on this :)

First of all, well done mate ;)

"There is no finals" means that there isn't winner? Or that there more winner every year (similar IRL, Australia Tournament winner, China Tournament winner, USA Tournament winner)?

37 minutes ago, Kleyo said:

All group winners are named a champions, but isn't record in history. Maybe with finals it will be better but I think that calendar for the best teams is complicated and 3 games are enough.

Would you be willing to make a few more pre-season competitions ?

It would be an awesome add to the game

3 minutes ago, pedrosantos said:

Would you be willing to make a few more pre-season competitions ?

It would be an awesome add to the game

There was a group pack of preseason comps from round the world made last year.  They still run fine.  The thread might be a few pages deep by now though

1 minute ago, wkdsoul said:

There was a group pack of preseason comps from round the world made last year.  They still run fine.  The thread might be a few pages deep by now though

Yes, I know but...

Did you load any of those to the pre-editor and then made a Save As into the FM17 editor data folder ? Or did you just copy / paste them into the FM17 editor data folder ?

The first version of the International Champions Cup for FM17 is at the fmscout forum and was created by loading the file from fm16 editor data folder and a save as to the FM17 same folder, but it was the only competition that works FM17. As for copy/paste, I've also tried but no one worked.

I think that I could make another pre-seasons cups but I need time and motivation, because I bought FM 17 last Friday and still don't play any game because I thinking about advanced editor and also must have a real life :) 

You prefer one file for one cup or maybe it should be a pack e.g. Spanish pre-seasons cups, German pre seasons cups etc.?

I think there is no problem to make a competitions, but the difficulty is make a good plan. Because when I use only winners or the best teams from one country, then one team must play 4-5 pre-seasons cups and another don't play any.

But thanks for good word and I probably make something in indefinite time, because I'm editor addicted.

4 minutes ago, Kleyo said:

I think that I could make another pre-seasons cups but I need time and motivation, because I bought FM 17 last Friday and still don't play any game because I thinking about advanced editor and also must have a real life :) 

You prefer one file for one cup or maybe it should be a pack e.g. Spanish pre-seasons cups, German pre seasons cups etc.?

I think there is no problem to make a competitions, but the difficulty is make a good plan. Because when I use only winners or the best teams from one country, then one team must play 4-5 pre-seasons cups and another don't play any.

But thanks for good word and I probably make something in indefinite time, because I'm editor addicted.

Same here, I got FM17 since the beta release but initially I was focused in posting some bugs, then updating all my graphs and since the official release I have been around the editor to try my debut creating these kind of competitions... unsucessfully of course.

As I see it it would require just a few, the most known in Europe, FM would be more enjoyable, more rich (never understood why SI don't use it)

Telekom Cup, Joan Gamper, Santiago Bernabau, Audi Cup,  FC Koln Cup, Wembley Cup, Teresa Herrera, Colombino, Luigi Berlusconi

Archived