Inbox News panel

pedrosantos

57 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

Competition news panel, approx. line 250 in notepad++, the "default_width" option here controls the central column, i.e. manager movement, transfers, etc. Make this smaller to make leagues on right bigger. If the central colum becomes too small you can make the main, left hand side where the news is smaller by changing the default width or minimum width again (approx. line 20) 

I'm good adjusting the left column (approx. line 20) but not the central column.

This is the code from line 245 to 255

</container>
            <container height="180">
              <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,2,-1" offset="0" gap="0" />
              <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="20"/>

<widget class="picture" file="dividers/standard/vertical/line" width="100"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition/competition news item medium" index="21"/>
            </container>

I've tried different values with that width but there's no change.

2 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

What width? There's no relevant width values presented.

Look for something like:

<container class="competition_news_side_panel" id="side" default_width="290" priority="2" />

<container class="bordered_box" id="sid2" appearance="" minimum_width="340" priority="3">
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

Some tips:

When using a custom skin, consider this when people give line approximates, this is usually based on default skins, we have no way of knowing this for custom skins so it's very general guidance to point in the right direction.

You can always search (ctrl+F) the file for what you're looking for, i.e. "default_width". 

getting better

I just need to fix the right column

Michael_Andrews_News.png

3 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

The minimum_width one below should fix that. I just tested it myself to make sure.

P.S. It might help other people if you named the thread 'Competition' News panel, as strictly speaking it's not the inbox, it will help 'searchers'. Thanks 

Is it possible to edit the thread title ? I didn't know which panel had to be worked, so I couldn't title thread with something I wasn't aware. 

42 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

The minimum_width one below should fix that. I just tested it myself to make sure.

P.S. It might help other people if you named the thread 'Competition' News panel, as strictly speaking it's not the inbox, it will help 'searchers'. Thanks 

Thread titles aren't that important if they are at least somewhat descriptive, as I tend to go back through any useful threads and update the titles when adding tags. Can you guys even change your thread titles as I know you couldn't under the old forum software?

Archived