Lost 5 games in a row

thw6

Happened to me yesterday. After my form was okay, I lost 5 games in a row and decided to make some drastic changes; altered my formation, abandoned OIs and most importantly put my DM up top as a striker. Suddenly my form turned around and we won 6 out of the next 7. Not saying you should do the same, but analyse where your problems are occurring and make changes.

Another possibly easier solution: maybe the squads morale has crashed; set up a friendly against hopeless opposition to get a guaranteed win and their confidence from that might be the key that unlocks the door.

10 hours ago, thw6 said:

Started off well but going through a phase of having 20/30 shots a game but lost 5 in a row to teams having single shots on target. one game before lost 6-1 at home. Any advice?

If you've lost 5 in a row then I suggest making a big change in tactics and selections unless you want to keep losing

I use CCCs and half chances as an indicator. If I have more CCCs than my opponent in most matches, but still loses I believe it's moral or player quality. If it's lower than the opponent each game I might change the tactics. Though this also depend on my team compared to the opponents as well. If I'm predicted to lose each and every match, then I would expect to be behind on these as well.

Archived