How many of you still use 2D Classic?

I use 2D with 3D only for goals replays. I have tried also the Analyst camera as you can also see the full field but still fill 2D easier to watch and to analyze my tactics specially with high speed in the game settings.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Can't play 3D as find the animations awful to watch. 2D gives a much better view of the match, just wish they would return to the older version where we had a stadium around the pitch and generally better graphics overall. Made no sense to remove them other than try and push us to view in 3D.

This is my thoughts on it too

37 minutes ago, jcw163 said:

3D camera angles are bad and also the animations are bad.

I'd give it a look with 21 - personally, I think the camera angles are better than previously, and the animations are good enough that I've moved from 2D for highlights to 3D with this edition.

5 minutes ago, priority76 said:

For any 2d lovers that don't know.  Someone made alternate 2d icons for FM19 (that work in FM21) and I think they make it look even nicer.

Can you share a screenshot or some direction to where these are available from, please?

2D only for me. Much easier to see why my tactics are working, or as is often the case, not working. Also, the 3D animations still look too awkward for me to enjoy. The goals always look better in my own mind than they do in the 3D animation. 

8 ore fa, shaunwwfc ha scritto:

2d forever

The great thing about CM/FM from day one is a certain amount was left to the imagination. 2D allows me to do that along with seeing best how my team and tactics play out. 

If 2D was removed I think I'd have to walk away. 

Hope we'll never reach that day.

I've tried hundred times to "have a look at 3D" coming back after half a match or so. For me, FM is only 2D, even with fifa 3d graphics.

I already posted here but I'm pretty sure I'll continue playing in 2D, even with 3D this year which seems a bit better. I think I would only definitely switch to 3D when it would reach a level past GameBoy graphics. Seriously, just generate some animations similar to Iss Pro 98 and we're cool.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/04/2022 at 18:46, USASoundersFan said:

I think that I'll continue using 2D regardless of how quality the 3D graphics become.

Just wait until SI decide 2D is a feature they will no longer support. We all know that day will come. They've regressed 2D that much over the past decade that it's only a matter of when the scrap it completely. Maybe use the space it takes up for another useless feature to promote FM24.....

1 hour ago, ImDaWeasel said:

Just wait until SI decide 2D is a feature they will no longer support. We all know that day will come. They've regressed 2D that much over the past decade that it's only a matter of when the scrap it completely. Maybe use the space it takes up for another useless feature to promote FM24.....

They have stripped back the 2D view for whatever reason over the years, if they removed the view from the game I'd never buy it again. 

Edited by craigcwwe

3 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I can see 2D going the way of FM Classic (Touch) due to the relatively small numbers who still use it. The next major graphical upgrade will be the end of it, I reckon. Sad days. 

I would like to say you how wrong you are, but... I have to agree with you. 2D sadly will eventually get the axe.

Always I think it's the best option too see how the game is going tactically I'll be very disappointed if they ever take it out the game especially imo the 3D graphics on FM are still way behind where it should be in 2022

On 30/04/2022 at 20:59, ImDaWeasel said:

I've had that concern for a few years. I hope it never actually happens, but, of course, I wouldn't be surprised if it does.