Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, how much better does the match/graphics engine look when a game is played under the floodlights? Really brings out the colour on the screen. I much prefer this to sunlight. Also, have you noticed that even if it's lashing down with rain, it's still blue skies and sunny? 

19 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

By the way, how much better does the match/graphics engine look when a game is played under the floodlights? Really brings out the colour on the screen. I much prefer this to sunlight. Also, have you noticed that even if it's lashing down with rain, it's still blue skies and sunny? 

I haven't noticed the rain with blue skies, I thought the rain looked more realistic than before in a floodlit game.  The sunny skies with rain was in FM16 too

37 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I wouldn't know, as I always used to turn weather effects off in previous versions, something else SI have helpfully removed from this year's game :rolleyes:

Same here as I find the rain in particular makes viewing the match unpleasant.

1 hour ago, El Payaso said:

I haven't yet managed a single competitive match on this newest iteration but will still comment a little bit about the match engine:

As I requested there now seem to be more of those long range through balls from the more creative players and for example my DLP is putting in some beauties and by that creating good breaks as I wish tactically. Much better and I hope that this 'feature' is here to stay as for me the term 'creativity' or 'vision' has been almost completely missing from the game. 

Sadly though the defending seems to be quite a bit the same based on highlights. Centre backs still do not aggressively step out of the defensive line to close down the striker and this at times makes the support role with a striker too dominating. Also what I see a lot with defenders (still) is full backs totally falling asleep in slow build-ups which allows the winger or overlapping full back to escape and the other full back falling asleep at far post and this leads to both lots of free crosses and easy tap ins from the far post. The defenders in general should be more of experts inside the penalty area and dominating especially against the wide attacking players but that doesn't seem to be the case.

In terms of midfield the lack of pressure on the ball carrier especially with more than one player again seems to lead to the fact that the playmakers are seeing far too much of the ball. Again cannot stress enough that SI most definitely should make strikers defend instead of letting them loaf around and by that also nullifying lot of the CB roles as they cannot take part to the build ups. I simply do not understand why they do not consider doing this and see how it goes. 

The midfield and the penalty area simply require more aggression and better marking and by that the effectivity of slow tempo approaches would drop.

1.thumb.jpg.c96c3e5cce394fa63278279134a980fd.jpg2.thumb.jpg.a443a4ef03a35c92fc78aac525014abd.jpg

This is a really good example of what annoys me. In the SC one you can clearly notice that Lemos is in ideal position to deal with this but what he does after the cross comes in is that he starts walking wrong direction while the striker (who isn't a good penalty area player) makes really active movement to connect with the ball and scores with ease. Both the goalkeeper and Lemos are really poor in this example and both of them should be clearly better penalty area players than the striker Berisha. This is even more common with full backs who especially on FM 2017 regularly just walked away from the ball at far post to allow easy goals for wide players. 

You should raise this with the .pkm in the bugs forum if you want it to be looked at.

Guest El Payaso
1 minute ago, footy1 said:

You should raise this with the .pkm in the bugs forum if you want it to be looked at.

I'm not posting any bug reports this year. Also my game crashed soon after this. 

1 minute ago, El Payaso said:

I'm not posting any bug reports this year. Also my game crashed soon after this. 

That's fine, but the issues you're moaning about won't get fixed if they aren't reported in the correct place with necessary evidence.

Edited by footy1

Guest El Payaso
1 minute ago, footy1 said:

That's fine, but the issues you're moaning about won't get fixed if they aren't reported in the correct place with necessary evidence.

I'm not exactly moaning about anything and with the feedback I got last year I don't think that I and the SI staff see the game in the same way. So basically all my reports will simply be unnecessary extra work. I rather just enjoy the game this year. 

"We also had to take some legal advice, because in some countries that are less forward-thinking than the UK, it is still illegal to be gay. In those cases we have simply respected their laws, so if a player is based in one of those countries, the player won't come out.

Just getting into the new game - I have had an issue where one of my players was automatically subbed - I had match plans selected during the match in question - but there is nothing on the plans or the settings to why this would happen,  I don't have an assistant manager at the moment as Im waiting for one to join the club and have checked the staff instructions and Im down as the manager in friendlies so not sure why this has happened. Can anyone offer any insight to why a player would automaticliy be subbed off and another player brought on

12 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

Nope, no such thing.

Why not? Can't believe that I am the only one interested.

After 20 years of work, immersion of the game is awesome. It's fantastic how player movements are real. Face packs, logo packs, kit packs and every  community work, impressive.

But I need real stadiums. Every one is unique and is part of football history. How can we forget it?

I understand SI don't haves licences (EA sports have it) so give me an editor or I give up, really disappponted.

1 hour ago, Ultimoroger said:

In FM18, how do I assign my scouts to search for players who are currently without a club.

In the player search dialog box, the top-right option is 'contract status' - choose 'expired' or 'unattached' from the drop-down menu.

6 hours ago, El Payaso said:

I haven't yet managed a single competitive match on this newest iteration but will still comment a little bit about the match engine:

As I requested there now seem to be more of those long range through balls from the more creative players and for example my DLP is putting in some beauties and by that creating good breaks as I wish tactically. Much better and I hope that this 'feature' is here to stay as for me the term 'creativity' or 'vision' has been almost completely missing from the game. 

Sadly though the defending seems to be quite a bit the same based on highlights. Centre backs still do not aggressively step out of the defensive line to close down the striker and this at times makes the support role with a striker too dominating. Also what I see a lot with defenders (still) is full backs totally falling asleep in slow build-ups which allows the winger or overlapping full back to escape and the other full back falling asleep at far post and this leads to both lots of free crosses and easy tap ins from the far post. The defenders in general should be more of experts inside the penalty area and dominating especially against the wide attacking players but that doesn't seem to be the case.

In terms of midfield the lack of pressure on the ball carrier especially with more than one player again seems to lead to the fact that the playmakers are seeing far too much of the ball. Again cannot stress enough that SI most definitely should make strikers defend instead of letting them loaf around and by that also nullifying lot of the CB roles as they cannot take part to the build ups. I simply do not understand why they do not consider doing this and see how it goes. 

The midfield and the penalty area simply require more aggression and better marking and by that the effectivity of slow tempo approaches would drop.

1.thumb.jpg.c96c3e5cce394fa63278279134a980fd.jpg2.thumb.jpg.a443a4ef03a35c92fc78aac525014abd.jpg

This is a really good example of what annoys me. In the SC one you can clearly notice that Lemos is in ideal position to deal with this but what he does after the cross comes in is that he starts walking wrong direction while the striker (who isn't a good penalty area player) makes really active movement to connect with the ball and scores with ease. Both the goalkeeper and Lemos are really poor in this example and both of them should be clearly better penalty area players than the striker Berisha. This is even more common with full backs who especially on FM 2017 regularly just walked away from the ball at far post to allow easy goals for wide players. 

And all this is not said so that I think that the engine is poor or anything. I haven't clocked enough hours to totally judge it but the early signs for me are that it is of course better than the engine was in FM 2017, just with wide players shifting to middle guarantees it. But in general I don't see the ME being able to take steps forward if they do not make defensive positioning more realistic and teams defend as a team.

Because it's all scripted . 3D is just a showpiece 

6 hours ago, Andrew_Goats_Gruff said:

Reinstalled fm 17 after refunding 18, 4.5 stars with 24,000+ database, on 18, english leagues down to league 1 small database is 2.5 stars for and plays dreadful yet the game is supposed to have the same minimum specs.3B645A27-3F98-438D-9F90-C3ED699A8DF7.thumb.jpeg.ec04b31f659404e2eb03cb707e0c36f0.jpeg

Fm18 doesnt have the same mininum specs as fm17. 

3 hours ago, prot651 said:

Because it's all scripted . 3D is just a showpiece 

Whoever upvoted this doesn't have a clue how the game works and will never get an understanding of his results.

@ElPayaso Your assessment about wide players is sweet Blur music in my ears -- probably a bad sign for last year's favourite narrow "exploit" tactics though (shall see).

Edited by Svenc

1 minute ago, Tiger666 said:

Ok fair enough. It's not a bug though. If every query we have has to be raised in the bugs forum, what's the point of this thread?

The answer to your query is NO. They cannot be turned off.

If you report this, it can get looked at and a change considered. That's the gist of the post.

Hi,

Just wanted to say I am enjoying FM18 so far. Just going to run down a few things so far with the Beta, all my own opinion.

The UI, while not perfect, is a step in the right direction. Noticed an increase of unnecessary clicks added to some areas like team talks and the match screens.

Dynamics & Managerial Relationships - My favourite of the new features. These are really useful for a lot of things. Even squad selection. I've found players that like you seem perform better.

The Match Engine so far is good, only experienced minimal bugs / errors. Really feels like an actual football match this year. Especially with the ability to adjust the Camera positioning

Graphics - Nice

Speed - A bit slower, but it's still Beta and I'm not rushing anyway :lol:

Some of the other new features I have not really interacted with yet but so far so good for me. Overall I feel some of the negativity has been a reaction to change. Like when Facebook changes its UI everyone seems to go mental saying they'll never use it again and the old one is better, yet they still remain :idiot:

So far from the Beta, just looking for a reduction in UI clicks to help the flow a bit. That's the only niggle I can find. Cheers.

I apologise if this has already been answered, but in previous FMs i utilised "split view" on match days. would have match stats on one side and match overview on the other. I cant seem to simplify the match screen in between highlights. it seems very busy and some windows seemed locked in position. Has the split view feature simply been replaced or am i missing something?

42 minutes ago, yerug said:

I like the new additions, the game feels deeper and more challenging. I struggle to play because of crashes though. 

You should report frequent crashes in the crashes and technical issues section of the forum. They shouldn't be happening.

Have been playing the game, think the player dynamics thing can sometimes be overdone, for example as Arsenal I offered Mustafi to clubs (as apparently did in real life ) then he whole squad was angry, even players who were competing for a position with him, I'd also signed Virgil Van Dijk prior so it would make sense 1 of the defenders would go.   Hope in the actual game it's refined a little more, otherwise may be complete squad meltdowns for any minor reason. 

Have had some issues also with the U.I on some of the screens, I'm not sure if these are errors or just changes, but some things in terms of U.T seem unnecessarily more difficult/complicated now.

Not being able to turn of stadiums could also become an issue as it used to speed the game up for me previously, hope the games don't get to where you need a super powerful PC to run it.

Like the match engine so far, seems improved graphics wise and movement wise.  Like being able to see the different elements of a player's happiness.  The trophy celebration is a welcome addition, everything to make competition wins mean more and feel more important is good to me, the more reward for that the more satisfying it is.

A lot of good about the game as always, with a few elements refined think it would be exceptional, some of the new additions seem very promising for the future when they are worked on more too.

Can anyone please explain how the camera zoom works ? I'm playing with Director view (live) and with data analist for the replays.

I can zoom a little bit on the data analist cam, but nothing happens on the director view (and i can't change the camera height and zoom

Edited by Olivierlandman

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

You should report frequent crashes in the crashes and technical issues section of the forum. They shouldn't be happening.

I will do that later. I think I somehow screw up my game with running youtube and discord and alt tabbing all the time though