Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 06/02/2022 at 11:32, Bigpole said:

Why do you need scouting knowledge? You're aware that you can't take over created person? 

I dont want to take over, but put him as a Dof. I am experimenting with the idea of how much can a staff with low ca but high pa develop with the right hidden attributes and environment. Giving him my name is just a plus to make more personal and interesting.

4 hours ago, Hiken Ace said:

I dont want to take over, but put him as a Dof. I am experimenting with the idea of how much can a staff with low ca but high pa develop with the right hidden attributes and environment. Giving him my name is just a plus to make more personal and interesting.

Okay, I thought you want to be managing as dof. In staff career plans (or something like that) you have option to select certain countries I think.

6 hours ago, MrSerkus said:

Ah, didn't know I could do that. Now attached, thanks.

Greenwood 2.fmf 14.9 kB · 0 downloads

I've thought it's a license problem, but after one hour of testing - just set start date before season start (like 1st june) and end date to more realistic date (in my test 1st august 2025 worked)

gre.PNG

17 hours ago, Bigpole said:

I've thought it's a license problem, but after one hour of testing - just set start date before season start (like 1st june) and end date to more realistic date (in my test 1st august 2025 worked)

gre.PNG

So I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've done exactly as you suggest (as well as added nicknames for Man Utd and Juve), created a new game with the editor file ticked and no changes when I start a game. Do I have to do something on exiting the editor (other than saving) perhaps?

Edited by MrSerkus

5 hours ago, MrSerkus said:

So I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've done exactly as you suggest (as well as added nicknames for Man Utd and Juve), created a new game with the editor file ticked and no changes when I start a game. Do I have to do something on exiting the editor (other than saving) perhaps?

show what you've set in editor.

5 hours ago, Bigpole said:

I told you, set more realistic end date. 

Yes, thought that was more realistic thank 2050! What would be your suggestion for a permanent ban? Was trying to avoid simply deleting. Would the unrealistic end date affect the nickname issue?

1 minute ago, MrSerkus said:

Yes, thought that was more realistic thank 2050! What would be your suggestion for a permanent ban? Was trying to avoid simply deleting. Would the unrealistic end date affect the nickname issue?

You can experiment with dates, I've put 2025 and it worked so you can up this value till you hit the 'editor limit'. Nicknames should be fine (if you update non licensed clubs like united and juve, there's a chance that it won't work so keep that in mind).

On 04/02/2022 at 00:44, VolBadger said:

Is there a way to make clubs less trigger happy when sacking AI managers?

I'd like them to get about a season or two minimum if possible.

I'm aware of the future transfer for players, but doesn't seem to be a viable option for managers.

If there is nothing I can do with the pre-game editor, then I can just use the in-game editor...but that will get tedious.

I've seen teams sack relatively high profile coaches in November or December that they irl hired the earlier summer. 

Adjusting patience doesn't help much. I also tweaked the fans patience levels. 

In previous versions the salaries were the issue. They were too low. Now they seem to be spot on yet it still persists. Until I'm convinced otherwise, I'm going to conclude that this is just the way the game algorithm was made. 

I have an question. I have worked on my own patches for correcting player's CA / Positions etc. in previous version fm2020. Is it possible to kind of transfer these patches for fm2022? or I must redo the patches? Could somebody help? Million Thanks.

On 14/02/2022 at 12:21, al_hk said:

I have an question. I have worked on my own patches for correcting player's CA / Positions etc. in previous version fm2020. Is it possible to kind of transfer these patches for fm2022? or I must redo the patches? Could somebody help? Million Thanks.

in fm20 editor export in .xml and load this xml file in fm22. Simple database changes like yours should be 'transferrable' between editions, but always do it in .xml

16 hours ago, Bigpole said:

in fm20 editor export in .xml and load this xml file in fm22. Simple database changes like yours should be 'transferrable' between editions, but always do it in .xml

Why do it in XML, instead for example fmf file?

2 minutes ago, grade said:

Why do it in XML, instead for example fmf file?

because you won't load fmf files created in certain fm, in other fms. Or maybe you can, but .xml are always the safe option.

Hi guys, 

I'm seeking an advice on the problem that came up after I've made some bulk changes to players across 2 divisions in the same nation. Everything was peachy, all rules tested (was surprised, that I'd been asked to test rules since all I initially did was change CA/PA) But anyway after all the changes were done, I loaded up the new DB and the problem is now with squad registration. There seem to be no rules whatsoever. No need for assigning numbers, no need for registration for league, players on trials may play freely in competition matches. 

Is there some simple fix to this problem. I presume I've not selected all necessary rules when testing advanced rules. 

Appreciate your help guys, you can find edited file below. 

Cheers.

CZ_CA-PA_VISION.fmf

3 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

.fmf files (and .dbc before it) are compressed .xml files. Like Bigpole says above, sometimes you can’t open previous fmf files in newer versions.

Is this advice just for small files, or is it something recomended for larger files?

1 hour ago, grade said:

Is this advice just for small files, or is it something recomended for larger files?

Depends what you’ve got in the files, my .xml file is nearly 35mb and isn’t anywhere near finished. 

It makes them easier to share if they’re .fmf files but they both do the same thing.

Hello.

Can someone help me to create .fmf database with 5 from 12 substitution.

I mean I thought it is permanent. It works for first season only. I want to make it permanent. 5 substitution.

Just for Spain/Italy/Germany/England first divisions.

I really not familiar with editor at all.

Can someone help me with this please?

I followed some guides and I think I made substitution changes from 3 to 5 in Spain. I saved it to .fmf file.

The question. Do I need to make one by one for each country such .fmf file with one change.

Or I need to load prevoius and make changesi in one . fmf file? Which is more correct for performance or idk?

7 hours ago, al_hk said:

I have seeing some patches are adding CA for whole countries' CA / PA. Do somebody have ideas how can I work for such?? e.g. All players from India adding 10CA 

I mean, all you have to do is to bulk edit players based in India, but I think this kind of patches doesn't have any sense (because to be AT LEAST SEMI-REALISTIC you'd need to adjust potential ability).

7 小时前, Bigpole说:

I mean, all you have to do is to bulk edit players based in India, but I think this kind of patches doesn't have any sense (because to be AT LEAST SEMI-REALISTIC you'd need to adjust potential ability).

What i mean is seems some people can edit such patches by like a command "add ing CA/PA for specific countries' players instead of editing all the player one by one in the editor.

4 hours ago, al_hk said:

What i mean is seems some people can edit such patches by like a command "add ing CA/PA for specific countries' players instead of editing all the player one by one in the editor.

because you can filter and search for specific people in editor, for indian players, for french players, players over/under 21, with certain ca/pa, a lot of filters to choose from.

I'm using a German lower league database but I want to remove all the reserve teams. I have replaced each one of them so every league has the right amount of teams, but when I try to verify the editor file it says:

Need a minimum of 224 and a maximum of 252 teams when organising teams in the Oberliga - found 196 teams. 

If I add teams to the individual leagues it won't work because they all have the right amount of teams. I can add teams to the parent competition Oberliga, but it won't go between 224 and 252, and I don't know why.

For example - I have it at 216 teams. I add 8 more teams and it says "found 260". What can I do? 

On 23/02/2022 at 13:29, Martianduk said:

I'm using a German lower league database but I want to remove all the reserve teams. I have replaced each one of them so every league has the right amount of teams, but when I try to verify the editor file it says:

Need a minimum of 224 and a maximum of 252 teams when organising teams in the Oberliga - found 196 teams. 

If I add teams to the individual leagues it won't work because they all have the right amount of teams. I can add teams to the parent competition Oberliga, but it won't go between 224 and 252, and I don't know why.

For example - I have it at 216 teams. I add 8 more teams and it says "found 260". What can I do? 

There is couple of ways doing this. One the easy mode is swap teams replacing reserve teams with existing teams and have them in lowest league available (there should be one inactive league the reserve teams never get promotion. to do this, the leagues above just set B/reserves teams cannot be promoted).

The second is a bit more work, as just you did, but then use the swap teams button, just replace the reserve teams with newly created teams.

The other options you will need to recreate the leagues from scratch.

Of the two options above I prefer the first, because the second is bit of work and doesn't completely remove the reserve teams, meaning the reserves will show up in game, but won't have any matches... come to think of it not sure even if the editor validates this. I mean I tried it back FM2012, never tried it again. I also prefer the first option, because intent to use reserve team those players I always loan out or want to sell.

12 minutes ago, nielsoncp said:

How do you update a database for a new version? I created a set of databases for 22.0, and don't want to have to do all the work to recreate it for 22.3. Thanks in advance!

load the database normally and verify the rules basically (or just save it). Of course you have to load newer database in editor but I believe you know it.

Is the editor still broken after the update? 

Still cannot change Award History, still cannot change aspects of the transfer preferences, random entry is getting highlighted constantly after any input anywhere... It's as if the Editor wasn't even looked at so I'm not even going to go through the whole lot! The issues have been reported from the first week of the release it's almost March now and they're still unresolved.

pre update when adding a stadium in the pre game editor the 'enviroment' made a difference to the appearance. State of the art option meant you had a modern looking stadium etc. Now when adding a stadium no matter what options I choose the stadium is the horrible one with the pillars in front of the crowd. The only way I can get a modern looking stadium is by having a capacity of at least 10000.  Is there a way to control how the stadium will look?

Trying to set up an RB style system where I have B/feeder teams in the top divisions of other nations, however whether I create them as a reserve team or as a affiliated B team, in some leagues, they can't get promoted, even if I tick the box in advanced rules that let B teams get promoted, anyone know a workaround for this other than rebuilding the entire league structure from scratch?

Hi all,

In FM22 I have created my own Super League based on the English Premier League (changed name of Premier League to Super League 1 etc, changed award names and swapped out all teams down to the Vanarama Leagues). After much faffing around I managed to get everything to work but I have no U23 or U18 teams ( I am playing as Liverpool). All of my U23 and U18's are in my senior squad and I have no option to move them. I went on holiday to test if the game would create these teams for me and they did create an U19 team with loads of greyed out players (I understand why they are greyed out). I can move players to the U19's so this is OK.

The question I have is how can I ensure that I have U23 and U18 squads in my custom league set up for all the teams?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Samuel77 said:

@Juventus maybe look in "additional help" 

For testing purposes, I made two different dbs with the sub rules in "additional help" unchecked and another saved db with "additional help" changed to 5 out of 12 subs + 1 in extra time. I tested both out, two different career files for each db and these are the only dbs loaded. It didn't work. I don't understand because I have done this before. I am pulling my hair. 

Edited by Juventus

Hej All!

I want to rename the Napoli stadion to Stadio San Paolo. I've created an LNC file under the LNC folders of my database (I've copied it to every version from 2200-2230), put the "STADIUM_NAME_CHANGE" 1229 "Stadio San Paolo" "" line it. I have real name fix applied to my game so I even put it in the "City, Club and Stadium Names.lnc" file's line to make sure but it was not included in it. Yet when I load up the game it is still called the current IRL name. How can I fix that permanently without the editor, what am I doing wrong?

Please don't tell me that it is hardcoded somehow in the game and it is only stadium that cannot be renamed.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by marioNOW

Hello there to all. Can someone please help me, or explain to me why i cant make 'future transfer' or 'loan' player. I do everything, install-reinstal,delete editor and a lot of things,always same. I will post screenshot. Please help me. Thx

What i do wrong ?

a.png

18 hours ago, tWiLiGhT said:

Hello there to all. Can someone please help me, or explain to me why i cant make 'future transfer' or 'loan' player. I do everything, install-reinstal,delete editor and a lot of things,always same. I will post screenshot. Please help me. Thx

What i do wrong ?

a.png

left bottom -> filter -> untick active fields

Guys, do you know if it's possible to set Editor Data FMF file loading orders?

Basically I have an extensive competition history database I created (shameless plug) - but any time I use it alongside databases that create new competition, it pushes all of my historical DB competition IDs out of whack, and then none of the trophy packs line up - so I want to find out if there's a way I can get FM to load my DB file first?

16 hours ago, Rob 396 said:

Guys, do you know if it's possible to set Editor Data FMF file loading orders?

Basically I have an extensive competition history database I created (shameless plug) - but any time I use it alongside databases that create new competition, it pushes all of my historical DB competition IDs out of whack, and then none of the trophy packs line up - so I want to find out if there's a way I can get FM to load my DB file first?

First check what is the order of the databases you have, and rename them alphabetically so yours could become the first one.  The next is an example on how I set up my files, so to control how they are uploaded.

l5OYX7F.png

On 27/02/2022 at 23:12, marioNOW said:

Hej All!

I want to rename the Napoli stadion to Stadio San Paolo. I've created an LNC file under the LNC folders of my database (I've copied it to every version from 2200-2230), put the "STADIUM_NAME_CHANGE" 1229 "Stadio San Paolo" "" line it. I have real name fix applied to my game so I even put it in the "City, Club and Stadium Names.lnc" file's line to make sure but it was not included in it. Yet when I load up the game it is still called the current IRL name. How can I fix that permanently without the editor, what am I doing wrong?

Please don't tell me that it is hardcoded somehow in the game and it is only stadium that cannot be renamed.

Thank you in advance!

Anyone has an idea on how to fix this? I'm pretty sure I've added the "STADIUM_NAME_CHANGE" 1229 "Stadio San Paolo" "" line in the good lnc files and separate ones with the good format, yet it still shows up as Maradona stadium. 

Could the name fix (Sortioutsi) or the custom edited database (with the free in-game editor) somehow overrides this LNC file?

Thank you in advance. 

On 28/02/2022 at 02:27, Juventus said:

Is there a known problem with Editor? I am updating the uefa comps for this patch. The subs are not reflecting ingame. I've done this before.... 

image.png.e0361dd1f38b2be56ef65bb0803f08c2.png

image.png.08fd399b8de8e577e87c51f0755fd0db.png

Did you edit it in all stages? Your first screenshot only shows the edit in the best placed playoff stage, while your in-game screenshot shows the group stage.

Edited by rusty217