Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frustration level: High.

I have tried to modify an older build by Claassen for the Swedish League Pyramid, as he had been kind enough to add Tier 5 (Division 3).

I thought it would be a simple exercise to expand each division to 22 teams on each tier, with exception for the division 3's (Tier 5), which all had 20 teams each.

For good measure, I flipped the teams and put to best teams in the bottom of the stack (Tier 5) and the worst teams in the top tier (Allsvenskan).

Everything seemed to be going just dandy until I got a really annoying error message: "Swedish Division 1 - Could not find rules for division with 44 teams."

I have gone through the [Advanced] rules, line by line, and adjusted anything that even remotely said 16 teams maximum (12 teams minimum) for the respective Div 1's, but I still get the same annoying message.

I have seen other people, trying to edit league systems, post here about the same error message, but I have yet to see a solution.... Anybody having any thoughts? :confused:

Edit: The only file that had the lower leagues of Sweden activated were Claassen's 55-pack for FM19, if that helps at all. It's old, but since I am not exactly looking for RL scenario, I figured it didn't matter.

Edited by anystroem

13 hours ago, Novem9 said:

Is it possible to change foreign players rules? I want to edit UEFA leagues like South America - 3/5 foreign players only

European leagues? Yes, choose to add lower divisions to a country, convert it to advanced rules and then go here:

20230515192154_1.thumb.jpg.cb41e984ddc3aa4f887faf0f393656d5.jpg

That's the one for the Bundesliga, basically same process for any of the other leagues though. Just add the new foreign player limits you want there.

UEFA competitions, eg. Champions League? Unfortunately the 2024 format change makes editing the UCL difficult in this version of the game.

Hey all, question in regards to the awards, details page.

Is it possible to exceed the 25 character limit for the award "Short Name"? I'm trying to create my own awards and it's apparent that there are some awards in the game that far exceed that limit. IE, "English Premier Division Top Goalscorer" is 39 characters.

In previous iterations of the FM Editor such as FM12, the Short Name could be edited to be as long as the award "Name".

If I really wanted to, is this something I could mess around with in the database files?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Sherman said:

Hey all, question in regards to the awards, details page.

Is it possible to exceed the 25 character limit for the award "Short Name"? I'm trying to create my own awards and it's apparent that there are some awards in the game that far exceed that limit. IE, "English Premier Division Top Goalscorer" is 39 characters.

In previous iterations of the FM Editor such as FM12, the Short Name could be edited to be as long as the award "Name".

If I really wanted to, is this something I could mess around with in the database files?

Thanks.

This can be changed in the 'comp editor' files I think.

Hello, I have a few questions about the pregame editor for FM2023

1/ Is it possible to modify the team playing the Quatar WC ? I want italy to play but I havent found how

2/ I have changed the European cup system, adding the Cup Winner's cup back and only the champions for the C1 but some teams appear to be qualified both for the Champion's Cup and the Europa League Conference. How can I manage that teams only play in only one european competition ?

3/Is it possible to keep the UEFA coeeficient and qualifying teams for countries when editing the European Competitions ?

Thanks in advance

Is there any way of setting my custom team and player's IDs to some other numbers rather than the ones auto-generated by the game? I'm asking because I always have to manually re-edit all my config files for logos, kits and faces every time a new update comes out or a new FM edition comes out. If someone knows a better way, please let me know

What setting can I use to ensure that if eight teams are relegated to four groups of a child league that two go into each group? It seems to randomly distribute for me, so I often end up with two of the groups getting three relegated teams and the others one each. There's no geographical rules set for the parent or child divisions.

UPDATE - I've just had a season where the four groups got 3, 3, 0, 2 teams - with sides randomly being moved into the third group to replace the relegated sides. This is definitely not what I want.

Edited by Supermercado99

I have a question on this error. The only thing I did was go to Serbia and updated the prize money and then validated the leagues, Not sure why this pop up I did not touch anything else. Not sure how to fix this to validate the 2nd division. Thanks
image.png.56e463cc71e0252a7ed641c74aa85413.png

12 minutes ago, Fwiedwice said:

I have a question on this error. The only thing I did was go to Serbia and updated the prize money and then validated the leagues, Not sure why this pop up I did not touch anything else. Not sure how to fix this to validate the 2nd division. Thanks
image.png.56e463cc71e0252a7ed641c74aa85413.png

I would try a clean file and try to apply the change again, sometimes you can get random errors like this. If it keeps happening though yeah something must be broke. 

Edited by Zapoleon

56 minutes ago, Zapoleon said:

I would try a clean file and try to apply the change again, sometimes you can get random errors like this. If it keeps happening though yeah something must be broke. 

Hi, I did tried again with only thing I did was to just convert the Nation to advance rule then save and verified and same error. So I did not changes in the database.

13 hours ago, Fwiedwice said:

Hi, I did tried again with only thing I did was to just convert the Nation to advance rule then save and verified and same error. So I did not changes in the database.

Hey, I just tried doing it and got the same error must be some bug with the editor with the serbian league. 

I did the same test with the Scottish League had no problems changing the prize money and it worked. Might be worth while you trying with another league aswell to see if it works. 

I dunno if someone else can help you or not. The only other thing I could suggest would be to find a custom Serbian League file and try to edit that to see if that works. 

Also how much money did you try and raise it to?

Edited by Zapoleon

I have created a league where all teams are set to Always Amateur. 

Even if I tick the option that says 'Add Players to Playable teams' all the teams are still populated with grey players only.

How can I get the game to generate newgen players for these teams from the start? (instead of waiting for youth intake day)

EDIT: Just to note that there are two leagues above this, and those teams are generated with players. It's just the bottom league that isn't.

Edited by adamjdyer

Is there a way to easily create hundreds of "Retired Person" in the Editor? Sammarinese regen names are so repetitive and I think I can make the name pool larger if I create a bunch of retired Sammarinese people with different names and surnames. 

Posted a new topic earlier so I don’t know if this counts as simple but I want to make a league in England separate to the normal English leagues this may include completely getting rid of them.

Got it set up and the team weren’t playable and players were not appearing that were made for the team

I ran tests and problems with europa league came up along with Spain cause of the removal of English and Spanish teams.

Can anyone help guide me through creating a league?

Not sure if I’m in the right place, I’ve been trying to create a save as Man City, but they’re in the championship, 30 point deduction and under a year long transfer embargo, when I go do all this and test it, I’m left with the message below, despite doing everything I’ve been told to do, can anyone help me create this? 

8CEBE0DA-9B06-421B-A007-E4CA146E7C67.jpeg

So I'm looking to complete the Scottish pyramid system by adding in the leagues that fall under the Scottish Amateur Football Association, as well as the Welfare Leagues that would make up the very bottom of the pyramid. It's quite a big task, but all of the information is available online at least. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_football_league_system#Amateur_football

I'm going to use the Scottish database that Mozza has created as the base, so that I don't have to create all of the leagues feeding into the Highland-Lowland and SPFL structure. So it's just a case of creating the amateur clubs that don't exist in the database, creating the competitions, and then trying to fit them into the structure in the correct order. There will be no promotion/relegation from the amateurs up to the juniors, to reflect real life, and also to simplify things. 

Any help or advice would be appreciated. It's quite a big task, but Scotland is so fun to play in, and the more local you can make it, the better it feels. So I'd be appreciative of any advice from people who have taken on something similar. 

Is there a way to entirely copy and paste all of the settings for a certain division?

Because I'd like to have the same Stages, Fixture Times, Stadium Rules, Ranking Rules and so on for like a dozen divisions, so that would be a real timesaver.

I am doing this in Advanced Rules, so that's where I'd need it.

13 hours ago, MRC said:

Is there a way to entirely copy and paste all of the settings for a certain division?

Because I'd like to have the same Stages, Fixture Times, Stadium Rules, Ranking Rules and so on for like a dozen divisions, so that would be a real timesaver.

I am doing this in Advanced Rules, so that's where I'd need it.

Yes. Click on the rules you want then choose Edit > Copy.

Then click on the rules you want to place them over (or a blank set of rules) and choose Edit > Paste.

You can copy/paste the entirety of the rules if you click on the main competition page (shows Description, Type, Mode etc.) or just individual pages such as the Ranking Rules if you click on that page before copy/pasting.

Edited by rusty217

I posted here a few days ago about league creation and know how to make leagues and rules now but they’re two things I now want to know. 1 is how to make it playable and two is there any way it can be separate from all the others leagues so there is no transfers or anythjng

Similar to Joe P - I am new to editing and have downloaded another user's creation of all Australian divisions. I would like to create a division below this at my local level, which is actually in the database (the original FM I believe) and just needs a few corrections. I am not sure how to activate this division. I have tried man many times to do all the things I need to, like setting the appropriate division level, its's even visible in FM23 when selecting the levels and above to play, yet I am not able to select to manage it and when I try to edit within the game and "move to another club", I get the "Cannot manage an inactive club" message. Yet they are not set as extinct and I cannot see how else to make it work.

Sorry if it's a super common question, but I've tried for many hours and can't seem to see what I am missing.

I am creating a new database atm and I've run in to a problem with the nations I'm using.

Both are already in the EU and Economic trade area, in terms of agreements. I'm trying to add another agreement and when I do the editor pauses like its adding a new slot but the slot doesn't appear and so I can't add the new agreement

5 hours ago, Martijn12 said:

i don't know how to add parachute payments, I can't add any new rules in my league only edit existing rules. How can I enable unused rules?

Bottom left, click the Filter button then untick Active Fields Only.

As for parchute payments, they're found here:

20230607223447_1.thumb.jpg.5dd63bb3c99a4bab6a405f3a3a28eedf.jpg

Question about FM22

I edited the substitutions in the Colombian tournaments (was 3 out of 5, now 3 out of 9). However, changes have appeared in all leagues and the cup for 2021 (covid format). In the Classical Cup (2022 and beyond) still 3 out of 5 substitutions. Already checked several times all the parameters and I do not see the problem. It is all the more strange that the covid cup has received changes.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

11 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Question about FM22

I edited the substitutions in the Colombian tournaments (was 3 out of 5, now 3 out of 9). However, changes have appeared in all leagues and the cup for 2021 (covid format). In the Classical Cup (2022 and beyond) still 3 out of 5 substitutions. Already checked several times all the parameters and I do not see the problem. It is all the more strange that the covid cup has received changes.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

It might be this:

20230608190608_1.thumb.jpg.f0d0df490f8da68a4d348e15ca07e515.jpg

There's an Additional Helper in the 2021 version of the cup telling it to change to 3 from 5 from 2022. That's probably overriding what you put in the 2022 version.

53 минуты назад, rusty217 сказал:

It might be this:

20230608190608_1.thumb.jpg.f0d0df490f8da68a4d348e15ca07e515.jpg

There's an Additional Helper in the 2021 version of the cup telling it to change to 3 from 5 from 2022. That's probably overriding what you put in the 2022 version.

thank you very much, it works now :applause:

I am sorry for my poor English, and I thank you in advance if someone can help me with some questions

1º is there a way to put an extra game for two teams that end up tied in the first position of the league, instead of being drawn by the system? if yes could you help me how to fill the option 

2º I managed to do in a cup that advances the 3rd best teams, is there any option where I can see a table referring only to these teams?

3º I have enabled the option of average points in league to define relegation, but if I leave it to calculate the average of only 1 year this table is not generated visually only if I put the average of 2 years, does anyone know if it is an option that I have to enable or just a bug?

Thanks 

Hey all

I've created a League that has two groups (Elite Division and Super Division) similar to how the MLS works.

At the end of the season the teams in 1st place in each group meet to decide the overall winner. However I want the game to recognise that the Groups are winnable too. At the moment the game just recognises that the winner overall is THE winner and this is just what shows in the Competition/Landmark history part of a Club.

But I also want the club to have a record of them winning either the Super or Elite League, is this possible when using Groups?

Thanks

Is editing Concacaf competitions just broken in FM23? I created a new league for the US and Canada. I tested both individually and together many times. Every test results in the game crashing around the end of August. I tried starting past the end of August and it just crashes the next year. Before it crashes, I notice the Concacaf Champions League is also gone from the game, even though I didn't remove it. I created a new CCL format and loaded it into the game, but it doesn't ever show up I have it paired with my US and/or my Canada DB.  Seems like it's just impossible to edit Concacaf competitions without breaking the game right now

18 hours ago, bold013hades said:

Is editing Concacaf competitions just broken in FM23? I created a new league for the US and Canada. I tested both individually and together many times. Every test results in the game crashing around the end of August. I tried starting past the end of August and it just crashes the next year. Before it crashes, I notice the Concacaf Champions League is also gone from the game, even though I didn't remove it. I created a new CCL format and loaded it into the game, but it doesn't ever show up I have it paired with my US and/or my Canada DB.  Seems like it's just impossible to edit Concacaf competitions without breaking the game right now

I don't think so. Haven't updated my files to the latest version yet. but I doubt that would break them.

How did you create a new CCL format? That may be the issue here. CONCACAF tournaments and certain leagues are highly dependent on each other and if one doesn't work correctly it will cause issues for the others.

8 hours ago, rusty217 said:

I don't think so. Haven't updated my files to the latest version yet. but I doubt that would break them.

How did you create a new CCL format? That may be the issue here. CONCACAF tournaments and certain leagues are highly dependent on each other and if one doesn't work correctly it will cause issues for the others.

I made the League's Cup, Campeones Cup, and all other continental club competitions extinct and then created a new CCL and North American Europa League and Europa Conference Leauge equivalent (so three continental comps total). 

That's not my biggest issue though because I would have been okay with the old CCL format, but it just doesn't work with my new US or Canadian leagues. I ask whether this is a problem for FM23 because it seems like other people are having problems with creating US leagues too. This person was having the same issue with the CCL disappearing. This db always crashes at the end of August when you use the advanced rules. I just found this post in the bug tracker though, so it seems like the latter issue of crashing on a specific date isn't limited to Concacaf leagues.  

17 hours ago, bold013hades said:

I made the League's Cup, Campeones Cup, and all other continental club competitions extinct and then created a new CCL and North American Europa League and Europa Conference Leauge equivalent (so three continental comps total). 

That's not my biggest issue though because I would have been okay with the old CCL format, but it just doesn't work with my new US or Canadian leagues. I ask whether this is a problem for FM23 because it seems like other people are having problems with creating US leagues too. This person was having the same issue with the CCL disappearing. This db always crashes at the end of August when you use the advanced rules. I just found this post in the bug tracker though, so it seems like the latter issue of crashing on a specific date isn't limited to Concacaf leagues.  

That may be the problem. Making them extinct doesn't really do anything.

It's always better to create new rules for existing competitions than try to create brand new ones (for other reasons too). If you really don't want to use the old ones you should still add rules for them and just set the End Year to before the game start date, then they're actually considered removed.

On 13/06/2023 at 14:44, cioldan said:

Is there a way to make this option work? (Copy (Weekly Wage Values)

Is there any overlay for the editor that enriches its functions?

image.thumb.png.8024d7940fecc3a8bfa3809be13cabff.png

So I entered Resource Archiver and made this option clickable, bu it didn't copy at all.

It would be such a improvment.

Where can we submit changes for future editions so that SI Games can see it at all?

6 hours ago, adamjdyer said:

Created a Championship Playoff Cup, all works well until the final where the Winners are recorded as Runners-Up (and vice versa) in the Clubs Honours lists, any ideas why this is?

Have you set up ranking levels? They're usually required when you have knockout rounds.

Also, what do your fate actions look like? TBH you shouldn't actually need any fate actions unless you want the winners to get the little C next to them on the league table page.

Any chance to edit the salary cap in Spain? Disable this rule or add a huge default gap for all teams? Many thanks in advance 

Edited by Novem9

12 часов назад, Novem9 сказал:

Any chance to edit the salary cap in Spain? Disable this rule or add a huge default gap for all teams? Many thanks in advance 

Looks like I found. Probably delete annual wage in this window. I don't see any caps in test save, but don't test second season yet

image.png.b29741b42d040c4f289f1121d7ce85f5.png

Hey, I’m playing FM18 and have an editor file that I’ve been loading (an FMF file).

All of a sudden, the game isn’t recognising it.

I’ve tried resaving it under a different name and even tried downloading different FMF files as an experiment, but the game still any recognising them either!

Can anyone help?

9 hours ago, proco said:

Anyway to remove a nation? I have a pretty crazy idea that involves adding and removing nations and want to know if its possible. 

You can but it's a complicated process to get everything to work. 

Which nations do you want to remove?

The easiest way is to simply edit nations. So you want to create a new nation but remove another. You could simply edit one nation out.

So if you want to create a United Kingdom nation, you basically change England that carries most of the data and edit everything from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland into the original England nation. 

You would need new rules for England/United Kingdom and of course set up the leagues, teams etc first. 

This frees up three nations which you can adjust accordingly. 

So you can create Narnia, Mordor and Neverland if you wish on top of those three nations.

But you would always require to add Nation Rules.

If you want to remove nations and have less or more than the current structure, you'd have to change a lot more rules as the Champions League won't work and international competitions will be broken.

Edited by Yuko

Hi!

I have created a custom database with one of the extinct nations (Upper Volta). I have done almost everything, League A (32 teams divided into two groups), League B (16 teams), League C (16 teams), but I am having trouble with the national cups.

I have created two cups, one called Elite Cup, where the top 8 teams from League A qualify directly based on positions 0 to 4 (considering the division of the two groups). The teams placed from 5 to 15 (24 teams) in League A qualify for Stage 1 of the Junior Cup.

All the teams from League B (16) and C (16) qualify for Stage 0 of the Junior Cup.

Basically, I need to create a rule that allows transferring the 8 teams from the Junior Cup to play against the 8 teams already qualified in the Elite Cup, to form a knockout tournament with 16 teams.

I have tried everything, but unfortunately, I always get the error "New stage 0 for Elite Cup can't find enough teams to be created, 8 teams found, 16 needed"

Does anyone know how to correctly set up the rule to identify the 8 teams coming from the Junior Cup in the "Teams" section? :confused:

Edited by Dygon