Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

On 16/05/2024 at 02:15, GeckoJ said:

Hi,

I am trying to use the editor to open the option to edit stadiums. However, I cannot get the stadium xml file back into the comp editor fmf. Can someone please help?

Are you using the resource archiver?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which editor settings are for league start date as i have image.png.c14e4158de017a5ac5b260c5ba392af6.pngfor some reason.

Which editor settings are for this image.png.00f9918092be44756aa787ee60581f95.png as for some reason when i start game one season is "done" with 0 games played

On 17/05/2024 at 14:11, Lewiscp said:

Hi, I've created a custom club, with a custom nation for a Athletic Bilbao esque save in the NE Scotland, unfortunately I can't figure out how to prevent my custom nation from calling players up. Any ideas?

It doesn't massively impact anything, but some young players are being called up that could potentially be Scotland internationals, and after testing it they sometimes refuse callups and want to stick to the custom nation despite 1 rep and no competitive matches.

Can you change their continent to no continent? Might need to do the resource archiver fix for that (search it on here). Alternately you might have to go back and redo it with a ghost country like "ireland pre-1922" (just take their history entries out of the home nations championship)

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know how to change the rules to allow B teams to be promoted from specific divisions?

The editors checkable options within "Promotion/Relegation" in the advanced rules of the leagues doesn't seem to make any difference. I'm checking both "Allow B teams to be promoted from the lower division" and "Allow B teams to be promoted into the lower division". Nothing changes in game though, the rules still state that B teams can't be promoted. I'm trying this in the Scottish lower leagues. 

Edited by SLK17

17 horas atrás, SLK17 disse:

Does anyone know how to change the rules to allow B teams to be promoted from specific divisions?

The editors checkable options within "Promotion/Relegation" in the advanced rules of the leagues doesn't seem to make any difference. I'm checking both "Allow B teams to be promoted from the lower division" and "Allow B teams to be promoted into the lower division". Nothing changes in game though, the rules still state that B teams can't be promoted. I'm trying this in the Scottish lower leagues. 

See if you have this:

image.png.1376643d8df1ed8ae85a97f972657f06.png

On 20/05/2024 at 11:18, aircrou10 said:

Is it normal for the continental qualification markings not showing up in the standings after you modify a league's structure?

This is probably a dates/start and end month issue. It shouldn't actually affect anything, it's just a visual error. Play around with the dates a bit and it should be fixable. IIRC it's happened in some SI made leagues before.

Hi all, I am new to FM and football in general, I'm more so a lover of manager/simulator games. I'd like to start with a database that is empty of teams/clubs and leagues/competitions, leaving only things like the World Cup, Olympics, things of that nature. Best on best where players are selected based on nationality/regions and what not. But like I said, I am new and I don't know what I don't know. Am I safe to start by deleting all clubs? And what other competitions like the ones I am seeking to keep exist? I look up and down the list and get overwhelmed by the amount of competitions that say national and stuff like that

On 25/05/2024 at 08:44, CaptainSuperman said:

Hi all, I am new to FM and football in general, I'm more so a lover of manager/simulator games. I'd like to start with a database that is empty of teams/clubs and leagues/competitions, leaving only things like the World Cup, Olympics, things of that nature. Best on best where players are selected based on nationality/regions and what not. But like I said, I am new and I don't know what I don't know. Am I safe to start by deleting all clubs? And what other competitions like the ones I am seeking to keep exist? I look up and down the list and get overwhelmed by the amount of competitions that say national and stuff like that

There are a lot of hardcoded competitions, so deleting clubs/competitions en masse is likely to cause crashes etc. when things aren't able to process anymore.

Plus you literally can't start a save with no leagues loaded. International teams select players based on how they play for their club too, and if players go too long without a club they're likely to just retire.

Best to just leave the game as is. You can just manage a national team if you want, but you'd still need all the club competitions running in the background.

5 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

There are a lot of hardcoded competitions, so deleting clubs/competitions en masse is likely to cause crashes etc. when things aren't able to process anymore.

Plus you literally can't start a save with no leagues loaded. International teams select players based on how they play for their club too, and if players go too long without a club they're likely to just retire.

Best to just leave the game as is. You can just manage a national team if you want, but you'd still need all the club competitions running in the background.

I planned to start from scratch and create my own fictional/alternate reality world. Something that resembles the hockey world, as it's what I'm more familiar with. The number of leagues as well as the structure of promotion/relegation in Europe is very intimidating to think about compared to just simply having the MLS here in the USA. And I know I could simply just start with the MLS or edit it to my liking, but, and this will probably sound very American of me, but American football and MLS being second, maybe even third rate, is very hard to swallow haha. 

But if that is the case, I have been trying to wrap my brain around my approach to getting a database that I can work with. If I do start in the MLS and I do expand, is it just as simple as adding the team or will I have to go into the league/nation settings and mess with financials as well? 

52 minutes ago, CaptainSuperman said:

I planned to start from scratch and create my own fictional/alternate reality world. Something that resembles the hockey world, as it's what I'm more familiar with. The number of leagues as well as the structure of promotion/relegation in Europe is very intimidating to think about compared to just simply having the MLS here in the USA. And I know I could simply just start with the MLS or edit it to my liking, but, and this will probably sound very American of me, but American football and MLS being second, maybe even third rate, is very hard to swallow haha. 

But if that is the case, I have been trying to wrap my brain around my approach to getting a database that I can work with. If I do start in the MLS and I do expand, is it just as simple as adding the team or will I have to go into the league/nation settings and mess with financials as well? 

Starting from scratch really isn't easy. Some people have done massive overhauls to the database, but you really should be very experienced with the editor before attempting that, and know that it'll take 100s of hours to get working right. It's worth mentioning that you can't really expand as you go either. You have to do it all in the pre-game editor, so once you start your game everything is locked in. There is an in-game editor, but it's not for changing competitions etc. more just a cheat engine thing.

The MLS is one of the most complicated leagues to edit. You can add a team, but yeah it's going to take a lot of work. For any league you'd need to go and edit the league rules to account for additional teams if you want to add them, but the MLS with it's conferences, unbalanced schedule, draft etc. makes it a fair bit more difficult. I believe some people have already done overhauls to the MLS to make it more like European leagues, if that's something you'd be interested in have a look at the download section here https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/873-editors-hideaway-download-forum-fm24/ or on the Steam workshop. Could be an easier option than doing it yourself. Or at the very least you could open those leagues up in the editor to see what changes have been made to get an idea what you'd need to do for your own.

While starting from scratch for the database as a whole doesn't really work, if you want to do it for just 1 nation that's definitely possible. You could create all new competitions/teams etc. for the US and still have most things work fairly easily. Although I mentioned above the MLS is one of the most complicated to edit, while replacing everything, rather than editing what's already there, would make doing the league itself easier, part of why it's complicated is how it interacts with the Leagues Cup, CONCACAF Champions Cup, Canadian Championship etc. So by re-doing the US you might have issues with those. At the very least I'd recommend using the MLS competition itself, even if you create an entirely new set of rules for it from scratch. All those other competitions should be linked to the MLS, so if you're still using it, even if it's radically different, it might make things a bit simpler.

15 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Starting from scratch really isn't easy. Some people have done massive overhauls to the database, but you really should be very experienced with the editor before attempting that, and know that it'll take 100s of hours to get working right. It's worth mentioning that you can't really expand as you go either. You have to do it all in the pre-game editor, so once you start your game everything is locked in. There is an in-game editor, but it's not for changing competitions etc. more just a cheat engine thing.

The MLS is one of the most complicated leagues to edit. You can add a team, but yeah it's going to take a lot of work. For any league you'd need to go and edit the league rules to account for additional teams if you want to add them, but the MLS with it's conferences, unbalanced schedule, draft etc. makes it a fair bit more difficult. I believe some people have already done overhauls to the MLS to make it more like European leagues, if that's something you'd be interested in have a look at the download section here https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/873-editors-hideaway-download-forum-fm24/ or on the Steam workshop. Could be an easier option than doing it yourself. Or at the very least you could open those leagues up in the editor to see what changes have been made to get an idea what you'd need to do for your own.

While starting from scratch for the database as a whole doesn't really work, if you want to do it for just 1 nation that's definitely possible. You could create all new competitions/teams etc. for the US and still have most things work fairly easily. Although I mentioned above the MLS is one of the most complicated to edit, while replacing everything, rather than editing what's already there, would make doing the league itself easier, part of why it's complicated is how it interacts with the Leagues Cup, CONCACAF Champions Cup, Canadian Championship etc. So by re-doing the US you might have issues with those. At the very least I'd recommend using the MLS competition itself, even if you create an entirely new set of rules for it from scratch. All those other competitions should be linked to the MLS, so if you're still using it, even if it's radically different, it might make things a bit simpler.

Thank you so very much for the detailed response, I've learned so much and things are starting to click. I'm so used to the way teams are contained to their parent league over here, I just assumed that's how it worked everywhere. Had I made my custom database, it would have been built this way. Now that sounds so much more boring compared to how it is actually set up. But now it makes total sense why you guys use the transfer system and free agency for young players rather than drafting. It's funny cause the save that I have in OOTP features a 3 tier promotion/relegation league, but it's just a single, contained league. All teams draft from the same pool of prospects and sign free agents from the same pool of players. 

So I'll probably look into that MLS overhaul that turns it more into the Euro style. I find it silly to not use the same system the rest of the world is, I see now why we will never rise to the same level in the sport. Again thank you for helping to get me a little more up to speed on things. I bought the game last week and already have 10 hours across the game and the editor but have yet to actually play as I have been so stumped. I greatly appreciate it!

9 hours ago, CaptainSuperman said:

Thank you so very much for the detailed response, I've learned so much and things are starting to click. I'm so used to the way teams are contained to their parent league over here, I just assumed that's how it worked everywhere. Had I made my custom database, it would have been built this way. Now that sounds so much more boring compared to how it is actually set up. But now it makes total sense why you guys use the transfer system and free agency for young players rather than drafting. It's funny cause the save that I have in OOTP features a 3 tier promotion/relegation league, but it's just a single, contained league. All teams draft from the same pool of prospects and sign free agents from the same pool of players. 

So I'll probably look into that MLS overhaul that turns it more into the Euro style. I find it silly to not use the same system the rest of the world is, I see now why we will never rise to the same level in the sport. Again thank you for helping to get me a little more up to speed on things. I bought the game last week and already have 10 hours across the game and the editor but have yet to actually play as I have been so stumped. I greatly appreciate it!

No problem. I sometimes wish the FM editor was more like the OOTP one. Building a new fantasy league/world from scratch there is a lot of fun!

To be fair to the US, there's no universal way to do football leagues. There are a number of different setups. When you've gotten used to the game a bit it might be worth playing in a few different countries to see how things work and what you like. The main European leagues are what most people would consider "standard", but there's plenty of other interesting formats too. Mexico is pretty unique with a split season format and no promotion/relegation (not just the US that doesn't have that!), the split season is pretty common in South America too. Argentina has a big 28 team league with them all on the same table (no conference split like the US), Australia has a similar league then playoff system to the US but on a much smaller scale (IIRC they don't have a draft though) and so on.

Hi guys,

I'm working on a Brazilian League Structure and running through some limitations.
Legislation allows a minimum period of 3 months for player contracts. Is there somewhere I can do this configuration?

Some lower league clubs only have competition for the first 4 months of the year. Short term contracts is a good money save for these teams. Sometimes the entire team is changed from one season to another

1 hour ago, FlyMaker said:

Hi guys,

I'm working on a Brazilian League Structure and running through some limitations.
Legislation allows a minimum period of 3 months for player contracts. Is there somewhere I can do this configuration?

Some lower league clubs only have competition for the first 4 months of the year. Short term contracts is a good money save for these teams. Sometimes the entire team is changed from one season to another

Under Advanced Nation Rules -> (The Nation) -> Transfers -> Transfer Rules -> Alternate Contract Expiry Month
Screenshot2024-05-28224859.thumb.png.a7c3a247d9960b6fda705f9e579d0f50.png

Hello!

I apologize if it has already been discussed, but I couldn't find it.

Is it possible to reproduce the new UEFA competition format in the editor? I've seen some files that did something similar, like UEFA Revival, but I'd like to know if there's an easier way.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but when creating a competition, what is the difference between 'Get all teams from division' and 'Get best teams from division'? It's a national cup so I want all teams in it but I've seen others use 'best teams'. 

Is there a mod or a way that changes Spanish/German B teams and replaces them with normal reserves teams? I hate managing in those countries solely because of the B team system

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know why records don't show up on created leagues, specifically "Modern Day" records ? 

I've tried checking various boxes like "Automatically add history" and anything that sounds vaguely like it would affect it, but no such luck. Seems to work fine on leagues created using basic rules, but using advanced always results in this happening.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

records.png

Edited by EffEnnEll
Correcting image

Posted (edited)
On 02/06/2024 at 01:10, Mitza said:

Is there a mod or a way that changes Spanish/German B teams and replaces them with normal reserves teams? I hate managing in those countries solely because of the B team system

There is!

https://community.sports-interactive.com/forums/topic/579907-fm24-no-b-teams/

I'm a bit behind on updates though, sorry. Here are the versions I'm currently working, they work with the current patch. I'm not 100% sure what state they're in though, they may have additional changes beyond just removing B teams (the main reason I haven't posted updated versions yet). I know the Germany file at least expands the Bundesliga to a 20 team league to match England, Spain and Italy. Also added the 5th tier of German football, including all regional cups (that was a pain!) and the 5th tier of Spanish football too. For the Spain file approx. 4 teams still have B teams. Unfortunately it seems impossible to completely remove them, but having a reserve league that has at least 1 B team in it seems to trick the game into not creating new ones for other teams.

n Germany.fmf

n Spain.fmf

Edited by rusty217

9 hours ago, EffEnnEll said:

Does anyone know why records don't show up on created leagues, specifically "Modern Day" records ? 

I've tried checking various boxes like "Automatically add history" and anything that sounds vaguely like it would affect it, but no such luck. Seems to work fine on leagues created using basic rules, but using advanced always results in this happening.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

It's a bug, it shouldn't work on basic league rules either, doesn't even work on SI created rules.

The way around it is to create a record. Anything. Just add a 1-0 win as the biggest win or something. As long as there's at least 1 record/winning team there it will properly update. The bug only affects competitions with no existing history.

2 hours ago, rusty217 said:

There is!

https://community.sports-interactive.com/forums/topic/579907-fm24-no-b-teams/

I'm a bit behind on updates though, sorry. Here are the versions I'm currently working, they work with the current patch. I'm not 100% sure what state they're in though, they may have additional changes beyond just removing B teams (the main reason I haven't posted updated versions yet). I know the Germany file at least expands the Bundesliga to a 20 team league to match England, Spain and Italy. Also added the 5th tier of German football, including all regional cups (that was a pain!) and the 5th tier of Spanish football too. For the Spain file approx. 4 teams still have B teams. Unfortunately it seems impossible to completely remove them, but having a reserve league that has at least 1 B team in it seems to trick the game into not creating new ones for other teams.

n Germany.fmf 44.7 kB · 0 downloads

n Spain.fmf 38.86 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for this, let me shake your hand.

Looks like the data files aren't tested on the 24.3 so they don't work. I coult do that and test it out but don't have time today

22 hours ago, Mitza said:

Thanks for this, let me shake your hand.

Looks like the data files aren't tested on the 24.3 so they don't work. I coult do that and test it out but don't have time today

The new ones I posted above should be, albeit with the caveats I mentioned.

Hey, I've done an editor file to make RB Leipzig as similar to Arsenal as possible (both through editing things like their reputation and stadium size and adjusting the Bundesliga so that income etc. is comparable). But though I ticked the file when starting the game, none of the changes have been applied. Any ideas? Can send any information needed...

*DONE* - Mods, please delete.

Edited by GreyedOutMan

Hi I am recreating some of the international compeitions with a twist. I have got the file fixtures working well. But I have a problem with international squad selection.

Currently in the editor I have the below set up.

image.thumb.png.65a58c8ecaeff966f5426ae08d7e07fe.png

I am finding that teams select a prelimary squad (40 players) but never actually whittle down there squad to the final squad size. am I doing something wrong? is there a fix for this. Thanks in advance

Been using the editor for a while but need help normal works  updating the leagues for next season but mite be me want to bring a league up to 16 so league is at 15 so 2 relegated and 3 promotioned from league below for next season to get too the 16 league but keep getting a message to say can't promotion and relegation don't match up make sure Tier 9 has flexible rules. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

FM by default gives you a minimum of a First, U21 & U18 side when you create a game. These U18 & U21 teams appear even if the per-game editor advises the team has only a "Firsts" side. Is there something else within the Team area I have to change to make sure these U18 & U21 teams don't appear in the actual game, or is this hard coded?

On 23/06/2024 at 08:34, Taipan said:

FM by default gives you a minimum of a First, U21 & U18 side when you create a game. These U18 & U21 teams appear even if the per-game editor advises the team has only a "Firsts" side. Is there something else within the Team area I have to change to make sure these U18 & U21 teams don't appear in the actual game, or is this hard coded?

That's not done by default, it's done under nation rules. The rules for that country tell the game what youth teams, if any, to generate for each club.

There's a setting in the database for each club not to generate specific youth teams, but I'd imagine that's ignored if they're in a country with non-optional youth teams.

Thanks for info....Appreciated

Pity, I was hoping I could pick & choose which of the sides within England lower tiers have a youth team (or not). Some lower league sides have a full youth set-up while others just have a first team and nothing else.

Thought....

If I changed the default for England to "Don't allow optional reserve teams", and then I went to each and every club and corrected their individual status to have/have not the various reserve teams, that would achieve my objective, correct?

On 25/06/2024 at 10:39, Taipan said:

Thought....

If I changed the default for England to "Don't allow optional reserve teams", and then I went to each and every club and corrected their individual status to have/have not the various reserve teams, that would achieve my objective, correct?

hmm, I don't think England's are mandatory anyway, I mean Brentford opted out for a bit IRL.

You could try choosing a few clubs going to their Reserve Teams page and under Reserve teams to create add both a U21 and U18 team then tick the Never Used box.

As long as they're teams that don't already have youth teams in the existing setup I imagine it'd work.

Edited by rusty217

I've made a team and have set them to be professional. When I put the team into the French national division, the team start as semi-professional.

How do I fix this? I've tried changing the league contract types form 'Part Time' to 'Full Time' thinking may be this was the cause, but that hasn't worked.

Edit: Nevermind, removing the specified contract type seems to have fixed it

Edited by Captain Zeep

23 hours ago, rusty217 said:

hmm, I don't think England's are mandatory anyway, I mean Brentford opted out for a bit IRL.

You could try choosing a few clubs going to their Reserve Teams page and under Reserve teams to create add both a U21 and U18 team then tick the Never Used box.

As long as they're teams don't already have youth teams in the existing setup I imagine it'd work.

I owe you a beer (or six) as that has worked perfectly, and has given me the result that I was after. Thank-you very much. :)

On 29/06/2024 at 20:46, Matty Aqua said:

Hello, I am fairly new to editing and a bit of a novice, is there a way to make a chairman of multiple clubs? for example Jim Ratcliffe, I am pretty sure he has ownership of Nice and now Manchester United.

By default, they just create two versions of the same guy, sometimes they don't even have the same details. Often one is just a "director" somewhere. Kind of annoying to have duplicates running around in the future if they leave the club but since you can't actually click on them (while they're an active board member) I guess it's a compromise for SI

Hi!

I'm thinking about buying FM24, but I don't know whether to wait for the new version. So I have three questions for you!

1. New features of FM24 pre game editor (compared to FM23).
2. New features of FM24 in-game editor (compared to FM23).
3. Will it be possible to transfer saved games from FM23 directly to FM25, bypassing the version from FM24?

ps
I did not find answers to these questions using the "search" option. So maybe I'll start a new topic if I don't get an answer here ;).

Greetings!!!

1. There is a thread on here around the date of release of FM24 that lists / discusses new features in the editor. 

2. I can't answer that one

3. No. Fm23 only transfers to FM24. FM24 should transfer to FM25. You would not be able to jump from FM24 to FM25, and you won't be able to continue an FM23 save that was already transferred to FM24 into FM25. 

Is it best practice when creating competitions that already exist, to start the file completely from scratch? 

In general, I usually dismantle a competition and change bits here and there, keeping many areas untouched. Would working from a blank competition base get me a quicker success rate of edited files. I keep finding strange things that I can't remove without serious monitor staring!!!

13 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Is it best practice when creating competitions that already exist, to start the file completely from scratch? 

In general, I usually dismantle a competition and change bits here and there, keeping many areas untouched. Would working from a blank competition base get me a quicker success rate of edited files. I keep finding strange things that I can't remove without serious monitor staring!!!

It's best to use fixed rules. The flexible/fixed choice generally doesn't show up if you're starting completely from scratch though, so sometimes you need to copy/paste the rules into a new file just to copy over that part of it. I don't think it really matters whether you edit existing rules or start a fresh file, flexible/fixed definitely makes a difference though.

Flexible rules are meant to go with the default rules. Only changing things you've set as changes. Fixed rules replace the default rules completely and use only your new rules. Oh and the stuff about flexible rules being required for some promotion/relegation things is just false, you can ignore that.