Why doesn't the ai offer me big transfer deals?

I think the game make a player controlled club a special case and REQUIRE you to negotiate high deals.

if StinkingRichClub comes in bidding on some player, it will always be a horrible low offer and the "game" is to know how to make the counter proposal that result in the billion deal. Personally I have no freaking clue, every time I try to negotiate the INSULTING low offers, I end up with canceled negotiations.

I think it's secondary payment, like installments and after X games stuff, to get it done, but my thinking is I tell them I want X millions, you tell me how you want to pay it, but apparently I have to negotiate both sides or something.

I haven't had them myself, being a lower tier club, but City bought Mbappe of PSG for £123M and also Marquinhos for £103M. Anway, the leading transfers are dominated by PSG and Man City in my game.

2 hours ago, FootballManager89 said:

I thought this year there were going to be some big deals around the neymar mbappe range but ive never received one. Anyone get a big neymar/mbappe type of deal yet?

You are going to need a very specific set of circumstances for a massive transfer to happen.

In terms of the selling club I imagine it would need to be a big club but not one that is mega rich, so one maybe like Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs.

The second thing you would need is a bigger mega rich club wanting the player, so Man City, Man Utd, PSG mainly with perhaps Chelsea, Monaco, Real or Barcelona as outside options.

Thirdly you need a suitable player who would need to be either an attacking midfielder/winger or striker and they would need to be prob in the 22yo-27yo age range.  On top of that they would need to have exceptional skill & reputation, be under a fairly long contract on expensive wages and be happy to stay at the selling club.

6 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

You are going to need a very specific set of circumstances for a massive transfer to happen.

In terms of the selling club I imagine it would need to be a big club but not one that is mega rich, so one maybe like Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs.

The second thing you would need is a bigger mega rich club wanting the player, so Man City, Man Utd, PSG mainly with perhaps Chelsea, Monaco, Real or Barcelona as outside options.

Thirdly you need a suitable player who would need to be either an attacking midfielder/winger or striker and they would need to be prob in the 22yo-27yo age range.  On top of that they would need to have exceptional skill & reputation, be under a fairly long contract on expensive wages and be happy to stay at the selling club.

Any example of this actually happening though?

Becasue the chances of this happening are incredibly slim. There are only a handful of players in the database that would even qualify for a £100m+ transfer and there are only 5 or 6 clubs at the start of the game who could pay that money. So not only do you need both of these to cross paths but you need the luck of that club wanting your £100m+ player. 

Plus, how often do these transfers happen in real life? We have only just this past summer seen 3 of these huge deals and they were the first of their kind.

i dont know how far you have played into your save but I define wouldnt expect to see these types of deals semi-regularly until at least 10+ years of gametime, where the database has some insane newgens and clubs have even stronger finances.

I guess the issue I'm having isn't that it hasn't happened in my save. Marco asensio was bought from psg for 225 million. I think the problem is when the ai only offers me 100 million for guys who go for 200 million according to last years market at least. I've got some world class attacking players and the offers I'm receiving for them are seemingly the same as last year. I thought they made them bigger to reflect real life is all.

10 hours ago, FootballManager89 said:

I thought this year there were going to be some big deals around the neymar mbappe range but ive never received one. Anyone get a big neymar/mbappe type of deal yet?

What's your sample size there bro?

I sold the following:

Harry Kane to City - €175m, starting season 2.
Mauro Icardi  to Chelsea - €113m, starting season 3.

Plus a bunch of 50-60-70m deals for various players. 

In my FM17 save I had a bidding war between Barcelona and Real Madrid for my young regen Spanish right back (who is probably the best and most promising right back in the game currently). The maximum offer I received was upwards of 100 million, when you include all the add-ons (and you need add-ons for a deal like this). I actually ended up just rejecting the bids anyway, since I did not want to sell and was under no financial pressure to sell. I am hoping for a similar bidding war this time around, when I am more willing to accept the money, and since I am actually interested in negotiating I should be able to get it up to 130 million I hope!

Man City also came in for one of my strikers as well with a bid of 70 million + as a starting bid, which I again rejected without negotiating (this time because it was a deadline day bid for one of my main strikers, with no time to get a proper replacement in).

In the same save, I also saw PSG spend more than 100 million on a midfielder I had bought and groomed at a previous club. Which was irritating because I wanted to bring him with me! So these things do happen.

Interestingly, I almost never spend more than 50 million on a transfer, unless I really think the player is going to be worth it.

3 hours ago, FootballManager89 said:

I guess the issue I'm having isn't that it hasn't happened in my save. Marco asensio was bought from psg for 225 million. I think the problem is when the ai only offers me 100 million for guys who go for 200 million according to last years market at least. I've got some world class attacking players and the offers I'm receiving for them are seemingly the same as last year. I thought they made them bigger to reflect real life is all.

Only 100 million?? Is that not enough for you then, 100 million is massive money and would reflect real life way more than 200mil transfers, there's only been 1 200 mil transfer and I think that will be more of a 1 off, I doubt we will see many more if any 200 mil transfers especially with FFP.

43 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Has anyone saw the AI  buying players on their form in game ratherr than just rep ? That was meant to be a feature this year

Yeah, it happens for me all the time. The most memorable was my young backup full back who only got to play because a much more talented full back was out for a few months. The player in question played quite well (and far above his ability at least to me and my coaches), and he got targeted by a couple of clubs in the tiers above me. I got to sell him for a decent amount just before my real full back was fit. Of course he didn't cut it in the higher tiers and got released a couple of years later. So, yeah, it happens, and you can profit from it as a lower tier club.

Biggest I have had (and I rejected) was £58 million from Arsenal for Gustavo Scarpa, which is the only bid I have had so far that exceeds the player's value by a lot. 

Lots of my players are wanted but if a bid does come in most of the time it's pretty much their value or just above, and it usually non-negotiable.

Helps me though as I am managing to keep my squad together despite player's having their head turned, every time one of them comes knocking on the door because Barca or Man City etc. want them I just say ok but only at a fair valuation, set the value about £15-20 million above the market value, which they usually negotiate down by about £2-4 million and then leave it at that. So far no club has come close to meeting those valuations. 

Also magically James Ward-Prowse has talked around four different players about leaving, I'm thinking of giving him a new pay raise just for that! 

2 hours ago, XaW said:

Yeah, it happens for me all the time. The most memorable was my young backup full back who only got to play because a much more talented full back was out for a few months. The player in question played quite well (and far above his ability at least to me and my coaches), and he got targeted by a couple of clubs in the tiers above me. I got to sell him for a decent amount just before my real full back was fit. Of course he didn't cut it in the higher tiers and got released a couple of years later. So, yeah, it happens, and you can profit from it as a lower tier club.

That's really pleasing to hear. 

18 hours ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Has anyone saw the AI  buying players on their form in game ratherr than just rep ? That was meant to be a feature this year

Yep.

First season, playing as Bristol City. Joe Bryan was initially my second choice left winger but got promoted when my first choice suffered a major injury in the first match of the season. Now Bryan isn't a bad player, by Championship standards he's pretty decent but the reality is that he's not got the potential to be anything above a good Championship player. Well he had an absolutely storming start to the season, From his first 15 games I think he picked up something like 12 assists and 8 goals with an average rating of something like 8.3.

January transfer window rolls around and Crystal Palace, sitting 19th in the Premiership, come in with a bid of £5m for £3m rated Bryan. Looking at their squad and statistics it actually looked like the AI doing its job perfectly. Their strikers were doing a good job of finishing chances but they weren't being given enough supply. The worst performing position in their team was left wing with every player that had played there being worse than useless. So to me the fact that they moved for a player from the division below who is having a great season made perfect sense.

As it happened he actually continued his good form after the move, not quite to the same level as he was doing in the Championship but he ended the season in double figures for both assists and goals from left wing in around 22 matches.

What I found most interesting however is that despite on paper not being good enough for the Premiership he went on from there to carve out a respectable career for teams in the bottom half of the table. From memory he spent 3 seasons at Crystal Palace, moved to West Brom for 18 months, up to a newly promoted Sunderland for 2 years and right now he's having a great season for a struggling Burnley.

Archived