Youth/New player intake i got the new " class of 92"

Ok so anyone who is familiar with the 28th february in a FM long term save knows already what im talking about.

New youth intake day.

Worst case scenario - no players stand out from this years youth intake

Second worst case scenrio -so so stands out from this years intake

Slightly better - so and so could be the best player to come through the youth ranks in recent years

Decent potential wonderkid - we have every reason to be exited about so and so as he look to be the best player of his generation.

Jackpot - we should be very exited and have a potential golden generation on our hands with this years youth intake. (4-6 players who look very exiting)

i have never had the bottom option before (hundreds of youth intake experience), until last weekend when i had this and there are 5 players coming through with 5star potential, and 2-3 others with 4 star, this has exited me greatly and i will now push on with my long term save.

Update one of the 15 year olds who was worth 800k as soon as he signed a youth contract is now 17 years old worth 20million and has 2 caps for england.

21 minutes ago, Domathon said:

Ok so anyone who is familiar with the 28th february in a FM long term save knows already what im talking about.

New youth intake day.

Worst case scenario - no players stand out from this years youth intake

Second worst case scenrio -so so stands out from this years intake

Slightly better - so and so could be the best player to come through the youth ranks in recent years

Decent potential wonderkid - we have every reason to be exited about so and so as he look to be the best player of his generation.

Jackpot - we should be very exited and have a potential golden generation on our hands with this years youth intake. (4-6 players who look very exiting)

i have never had the bottom option before (hundreds of youth intake experience), until last weekend when i had this and there are 5 players coming through with 5star potential, and 2-3 others with 4 star, this has exited me greatly and i will now push on with my long term save.

Update one of the 15 year olds who was worth 800k as soon as he signed a youth contract is now 17 years old worth 20million and has 2 caps for england.

Any chance of a screen shot then?

Screenshot or it didn't happen u know.

And I feel ur pain, I have over 1000 hours on the last 3 FM's (this one included) and I have never hit the jackpot with youth intakes. I even dare to save 1 day before youth intake day and load the game a few times to hopefully get more Lucky... But even then.

34 minutes ago, SpikeHughes said:

Any chance of a screen shot then?

ye i will get some screen shots up sure never done it before though..

how do i go back to an old news inbox message from 28th feb if the closest save to that date i have is 5 months later (in july)

it says in this inbox message new youth intake is a new golden generation of players 

i got the "golden generation" after 2.5 years of request youth facilities and youth recruitment from the board as often as possible, as newcastle 9/10 you get a new chairmen in the 1st season, and mines was fairly generous with requests, even with giving myself low manager stats.

I just got this kid through in my Northern Ireland 3rd tier save. Far from the world beaters you had, but still the best I've had so far in this game.

wIx86oT.png

The intake had only great talents though...

qv2oG07.png

3 hours ago, Domathon said:

Ok - so I think this could be a bug - not that 17 year olds don't get caps for England. But you're Newcastle. 

Surely, he would only get a call up if he signed for one of the top 4 teams? Unless you are a top 4 team? 

Theo Walcott 17 - May 2006 v Hungary

Wayne Rooney 17 -  Feb 2003  v Australia

James Prinsep 17 - Apr 1879 v Scotland

Tot Rostron 17 - Feb 1881 v Wales

Raheem Sterling 17 -  Nov 2012 v Sweden

Considering there were only 3 players in the entire modern history of football that got capped at 17 years of age for England - never mind 2 caps. And they all played for the top teams in England - Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool. 

I couldn't imagine Rooney would have been called up still at Everton.

My point here is the reputation of the club vs the quality of the player. There's a long standing history in football that young players don't get international call ups unless they play for a high reputation team in the league. 

James Prinsep was the youngest player (with 1 cap) for 125 years before Rooney broke that record).

For this reason I think it's a bit of a bug. Really what should happen is that the top clubs in the division should be trying to sign him for about 100m, or 200m. Then he gets called up for England.

Am I talking nonsense (and don't just reply 'yes')

I got this for the first time ever a few seasons ago too (at RB Leipzig)! Stoked as this was always going to be a long-term save anyway. 

They're now ~20 with the best 3 being key players, two of those already capped for Germany. Three more are so-so, they've got a few games and will perhaps be decent squad players (the "Nicky Butts"). 

38 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Eh, he was still at Everton at that time, didn't transfer to ManUtd until the summer of 2004. (He was still at Everton when he scored 4 goals at the 2004 Euros.)

11 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Ok - so I think this could be a bug - not that 17 year olds don't get caps for England. But you're Newcastle. 

Surely, he would only get a call up if he signed for one of the top 4 teams? Unless you are a top 4 team? 

Theo Walcott 17 - May 2006 v Hungary

James Prinsep 17 - Apr 1879 v Scotland

Tot Rostron 17 - Feb 1881 v Wales

Raheem Sterling 17 -  Nov 2012 v Sweden

Considering there were only 3 players in the entire modern history of football that got capped at 17 years of age for England - never mind 2 caps. And they all played for the top teams in England - Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool. 

My point here is the reputation of the club vs the quality of the player. There's a long standing history in football that young players don't get international call ups unless they play for a high reputation team in the league. 

James Prinsep was the youngest player (with 1 cap) for 125 years before Rooney broke that record).

For this reason I think it's a bit of a bug. Really what should happen is that the top clubs in the division should be trying to sign him for about 100m, or 200m. Then he gets called up for England.

Am I talking nonsense (and don't just reply 'yes')

Sorry to be harsh, but yes, you are talking nonsense.

Also, Rooney was an Everton player when he made his England debut, he was also an Everton player when he was selected and excelled in Euro 2004 only signing for Man Utd after the tournament.

Joe Cole (West Ham), Frank Lampard (West Ham), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), Wayne Bridge (Southampton), Stewart Downing (Middlesborough), Jack Butland (Birmingham City), Scott Parker (Charlton Athletic), John Stones (Everton), Michael Carrick (West Ham), Darren Bent (Charlton Athletic) - THere are many more, these are just off the top of my head. All players that made thier debuts for England young at teams that apparently aren't big clubs...

It's certainly not a bug.

3 minutes ago, Robioto said:

Sorry to be harsh, but yes, you are talking nonsense.

Also, Rooney was an Everton player when he made his England debut, he was also an Everton player when he was selected and excelled in Euro 2004 only signing for Man Utd after the tournament.

Joe Cole (West Ham), Frank Lampard (West Ham), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), Wayne Bridge (Southampton), Stewart Downing (Middlesborough), Jack Butland (Birmingham City), Scott Parker (Charlton Athletic), John Stones (Everton), Michael Carrick (West Ham), Darren Bent (Charlton Athletic) - THere are many more, these are just off the top of my head. All players that made thier debuts for England young at teams that apparently aren't big clubs...

It's certainly not a bug.

Yeh - but not at 17 years of age. Which is my point really.

Joe Cole for example scored 7 goals in a match against spain at Schoolboy level. He had several caps for U16, U18, U21 - in 2001 he was 19/20 years of age. Not 17.

Lampard was 20/21 when making senior debut and just signed for Chelsea  (case in point)

Barry was 19 and at Villa - not 17 years of age for full international though

John Stones - 20 years of age (ok at everton)

Carrick - 20 years of age (at West Ham)

Bent - 22 years old

Again - I'm not saying young players don't get called up - but at 17 it's a bit young and not normal - it's certainly not the normality for calling up players. 

All the players you mention all represented England at youth level before transitioning to the full team. And a lot of them went on to top tier clubs. 

I just feel at 17 to be getting a cap for England is a bit unrealistic. 

I still remember the outcry of bringing Walcott to the World Cup ahead of others who had earned the right for the squad. 

It's a bit unusual and not common.

This got me to quickly look up some record breaking young debutants - so, fun facts (not taking side for anyone here! Just adding some historic background):

Youngest ever debut:

Lucas Knecht Northern Marianas) – 14y 2d – 2007, against Guam (losing 0-9…)

Youngest debut in a somewhat big Country:

Stephen Appiah (Ghana) – 14y 322d – 1995, against Sierra Leone (winning 2-0)

Aníbal Zapicán Falco (Uruguay) – 15y 9d – oh wait, that was 1908…, against Argentina (winning 1-0)

Samuel Johnston (Ireland) – 15y 153d – that was even earlier, 1882… against England (losing 0-13)

Golden generations are showing up more often on this version.

However, a player like the one below has not been possible for many versions of the game. That must be like 140 CA straight off the bat. No youth intake player should be this good, imo.

4DCAB733E35CAF75E50A4EA6C25F203A5CEFCAFD

its not a bug, theres about 1/150 chance of getting this, a player this good  (save and reload on february 27th) 

and that's only after you have upgraded youth facilities and recruitment, without those you wouldn't have such a high end player come through.

And I'm not saying a 17 year old super player can't be generated into the game - I'm saying it's so rare that a 17 year old gets an international cap at 17. I only found 3 in the modern era, and 1 playing outside the top 4, Rooney. 

It is extremely rare. 

If it happens too often then it should be raised as a bug. 

I've once had a 16 year old English striker come through who was PA 195. (I checked in the editor I was so surprised). I was playing as Huddersfield if i recall, and was doing well in the PL at the time, and had top class facilities. But only once, in 4000 or so hours out of all my games.

There is nothing wrong with this, Harry Wilson, Ben Woodburn and Gareth Bale were all 16 or 17 when they made their debuts for Wales (no longer a 3rd rate country), christ, some kid called Pele made his debut for Brazil at 16 ;).  it does happen, give the creators a break, not everything we disagree with is a bug! 

Back on topic, wow - I have invested thousands of hours in this game and never even heard of a golden generation (other than in the challenge areas of the game), good for you - glad it's with NUFC too.

Surely it also depends on what the 17 year old player has done for his club.  If he has only played a handful of club games then yes maybe I would consider it a bug.  If he has been a regular/semi regular in the Prem and performed well, then seems reasonable to me.  Also depends on the depth of other players in that position.   Yes Sven got stick about Walcott but that's because taking Walcott to the world cup was very different to giving a talented 17 year old a debut in a friendly which I think most people would applaud. 

I've never got the golden generation thing either.  Nice to know it's in there.

1 hour ago, Geordieboy52 said:

There is nothing wrong with this, Harry Wilson, Ben Woodburn and Gareth Bale were all 16 or 17 when they made their debuts for Wales (no longer a 3rd rate country), christ, some kid called Pele made his debut for Brazil at 16 ;).  it does happen, give the creators a break, not everything we disagree with is a bug! 

Back on topic, wow - I have invested thousands of hours in this game and never even heard of a golden generation (other than in the challenge areas of the game), good for you - glad it's with NUFC too.

Beat me to the pinch with pele.

He did actually rock the world cup at 17 i think that would justify a 140CA.

Archived