Every Player Wants to Leave

Started  a game as Liverpool and have only reached December yet every week im left with a message that a player wants to leave. So far ive had Coutinho three times, Firmino three times, Can, Henderson, Matip, Mane twice, Sturridge and Lallana. Some of the english players have requested to go to Spurs which is completly unrealistic. Every week a new club becomes intersted in one of my players with PSG currently interested 4 players and Monaco, Bayern, Real Madrid & Barca currently interested in any player over 35 odd million. No matter what I say the player just wants to go. It completly ruins the entertainment of the game when every in game week im left dealing with the same situation over and over agian.

Playing with Liverpool I've only had one. Firmino wanted to join PSG, but Couts talked him out of it.. :brock:

Though, I lead the table by Christmas and had qualified from my CL group. Might be because you are not doing well enough?

Sorry for the delayed reply...currently 2nd in the league 4 points off Man City. Started with past exp of international footballer for reputation. Qualified top of the CL group stage which included wins of 5-1 and 4-0 at Juventus & beat Athletico home & away (this might not have an effect but just to show the team arnt struggling). I had added Icardi when I started the game to have more big name players at the club. 

I think players in this version of FM are unhappy way too often and sometimes it can be totally illogical. For example, I had Kurt Zouma come back from loan at stoke and he hadn't played a game for Chelsea since returning,  but he becomes happy because he wants a new contract due to his importance to the first team which makes zero sense. They really need to tone this aspect of the game down massively as it is very frustrating at times. I also find it irritating when I don't have a game for 2 weeks so I holiday to the next game but when I return players are unhappy because I didn't speak to them.

The whole feature has been a mess since day one & had only shown marginal improvement between FM14 & FM17.

Such a shame that there still seem to be a number of issues in 18.

On 18/01/2018 at 21:15, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

Started  a game as Liverpool and have only reached December yet every week im left with a message that a player wants to leave. So far ive had Coutinho three times, Firmino three times, Can, Henderson, Matip, Mane twice, Sturridge and Lallana. Some of the english players have requested to go to Spurs which is completly unrealistic. Every week a new club becomes intersted in one of my players with PSG currently interested 4 players and Monaco, Bayern, Real Madrid & Barca currently interested in any player over 35 odd million. No matter what I say the player just wants to go. It completly ruins the entertainment of the game when every in game week im left dealing with the same situation over and over agian.

Whilst this part of the game can sometimes be illogical, it's usually isolated incidents. To have this level of player unrest in your first season hints at the full picture not being disclosed here. Something's happened in those first few weeks/months that you're not telling us about. 

I am playing as Benfica, and most of my best players have told me they want to leave so far this season. Which makes perfect sense. We are playing superb football, the players are getting goals, assists and high ratings. The clubs that are interested in them are clearly better than we are, especially if you consider the wages they will earn if they move. 

Yet I have had no problem at all with these players. I usually get someone in the squad to talk to them about it, and it works really well. I have sold 2 players because the bids I received were simply too good to refuse. Likewise, I have turned down bids for 2 players from high rep sides, without any issues at all. 

This suggests to me you are handling this incorrectly, or you are having unrealistic expectations of what players want, and why they want to leave. Who is interested in your players? Are they bigger clubs than Liverpool (and remember, Liverpool are a selling club these days, and are not on a par with the biggest clubs in Europe). Will they earn more money than you pay them? Do they feel they will get more games? Win more competitions? They usually give a reason why not.

Archived