The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

deltablue

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I just saw this tweet and I wonder if working out who was whom might create some background for some FM25 save ideas. 

cd8195e4a3efd7900ec98d26b8e67786.png

The Romanian 2nd Division side would appear to be SC Corvinul 1921 Hunedoara who won the Romanian Cup in 23/24 while in the Romanian 2nd Division. A club that has been folded again and again for financial irregularities, they haven't been in the top flight in Romania since the 91/92 season and until this season have only played 1 season of European football, (in 82/83), where thy beat Grazer AK of Austria 4-1 on aggregate and then lost 8-4 to FK Sarajevo of what was Yugoslavia back then but is now Bosnia.

I think the "Pub Team" is Magpies of Gibraltar, (who beat Derry City 2-0 yesterday).

8628fc2eaccadefae7173de4bf4a036a.png
467e0753dc7d6786acd511dab0852fde.png
16167a64d705e16cf188bfd4e997a74f.png

Sheriff Tiraspol are from the unrecognised state of Transnistria, (no that isn't a woke joke).

FC Mislami of Moldova are the Moldovan club who's owner Ilan Shor stole 12% of the Nations GDP during a 2014 Moldovan bank fraud, before becoming a Mayor of a moldovan Town, (Orhei). He was then banned from Moldovan politics, (for 5 years), in July of this year, before his links with Russia caused him to be put on a Assets control list by the USA

Ah, the beautiful game :lol:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I just saw this tweet and I wonder if working out who was whom might create some background for some FM25 save ideas. 

cd8195e4a3efd7900ec98d26b8e67786.png

The Romanian 2nd Division side would appear to be SC Corvinul 1921 Hunedoara who won the Romanian Cup in 23/24 while in the Romanian 2nd Division. A club that has been folded again and again for financial irregularities, they haven't been in the top flight in Romania since the 91/92 season and until this season have only played 1 season of European football, (in 82/83), where thy beat Grazer AK of Austria 4-1 on aggregate and then lost 8-4 to FK Sarajevo of what was Yugoslavia back then but is now Bosnia.

I think the "Pub Team" is Magpies of Gibraltar, (who beat Derry City 2-0 yesterday).

8628fc2eaccadefae7173de4bf4a036a.png
467e0753dc7d6786acd511dab0852fde.png
16167a64d705e16cf188bfd4e997a74f.png

Sheriff Tiraspol are from the unrecognised state of Transnistria, (no that isn't a woke joke).

FC Mislami of Moldova are the Moldovan club who's owner Ilan Shor stole 12% of the Nations GDP during a 2014 Moldovan bank fraud, before becoming a Mayor of a moldovan Town, (Orhei). He was then banned from Moldovan politics, (for 5 years), in July of this year, before his links with Russia caused him to be put on a Assets control list by the USA

There's also Wisła Kraków, who finished 10th in the Polish 2nd tier last season. :D

For those of us who are old and more British-centric, if someone doesn't take over Wisła Kraków next season and name their thread "Searching for My Wisła", I will become disappoint

My save is having a laugh at me.

Yes I lowered our rep and we are currently in Championship and they are in the Premier League (they can dream) but that still hurts lol

We might have attracted Arda Guler and Lamine Yamal but Sunderland are a bigger club at the moment.:(

HAMoN3.png

Edited by Maw74

On 13/07/2024 at 05:11, Deisler26 said:

For those of us who are old and more British-centric, if someone doesn't take over Wisła Kraków next season and name their thread "Searching for My Wisła", I will become disappoint

Someone beat us to it

https://community.sports-interactive.com/forums/topic/569587-fm23-searching-for-my-rizla-–-the-white-star-wisla-krakow/

Finally got a late developer in my squad! He's already pretty good, but let's see how much he will improve.

image.thumb.png.c093a67b08a13c25e34c69c1462ffc7b.png

Edited by BillHoudini24

7 hours ago, BillHoudini24 said:

After almost 20 seasons of no recruitment, I needed to get this out of my system. Wonderkid factory assembled.

image.png.99e979e3ed3f73056d71c86209bd2874.png

WOW. I don't think I've ever seen this.

1 hour ago, Deisler26 said:

WOW. I don't think I've ever seen this.

All of them are/will be good players, don't get me wrong, but that guy Ihasz, my god.

image.thumb.png.dd376eca96792b9d70a022809431fa02.png

He's by far the best player I managed in FM24. He has it ALL and he's still improving. The best part is that he had a 10M release clause.

I am not confident that I can keep him at the club long term, but it's a journeyman save, so I'm trying really hard not to fall in love with him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/08/2024 at 21:43, Arla2002 said:

you're better off asking a Mod, because the rest of us aren;t going to know unless we saw something obvious. 

I don't even know who the Mods are in here anymore. Let me see if I can find out. 

@deltablueused to be a Mod, but I have a feeling that life got busy and he no longer is, (but might be wrong). 

@tenthreeleaderis a mod in FMStories by the look of it, so maybe he also covers here now? 

@themadsheep2001is the only other Mod that seems to post anywhere other than OTF. 

I'm sure 1 of them will be able to explain why. 

5 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

you're better off asking a Mod, because the rest of us aren;t going to know unless we saw something obvious. 

I don't even know who the Mods are in here anymore. Let me see if I can find out. 

@deltablueused to be a Mod, but I have a feeling that life got busy and he no longer is, (but might be wrong). 

@tenthreeleaderis a mod in FMStories by the look of it, so maybe he also covers here now? 

@themadsheep2001is the only other Mod that seems to post anywhere other than OTF. 

@XaWalso posts outside of OTF and is a mod.

12 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

The OP seems to have hidden it themselves on Monday, one would have to ask them why, as there's no moderation flag on it.

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Nope. I kept my mod status for almost a year but it was finally withdrawn earlier this summer. Also, I am not really a 'he' anymore either ;)

7 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

@XaWalso posts outside of OTF and is a mod.

7 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

OMG! :seagull: Of course he is, and I'm pretty sure he's our Mod (+ Challenge Forum). apologies @XaW :lol:

Two tags I didn't notice until now, but would have if I was online 24/7, which I am not, as it seems. I see TMS has already answered, but yes. it's done by the OP themselves, not by mods.

I know it's a little bit away, but 2 English Championship start saves have sort of caught my interest. 

Burnley. It seems that they really backed Vincent Kompany in the transfer market, to such an extent that as of right now, they have no less than 35 players in the 1st Team squad, (and 2 more out on loan). A fair few of their squad are quite young and this would be a terrific club to start a Youth based save at. Yes the expectations are quite high, but there is probably, (I haven't looked), a fair bit of PA on show in that squad. I can imagine using this squad in a save where I was only able to sign teenagers or U21 players because it would provide a great foundation. I don't know much about the financial situation there, but I would expect it to be decent, but looking a little further ahead I can imagine quite a nice little starting transfer kitty being created by selling some of the better young players as they start to develop. 

Leeds. They are almost the opposite. Not a very big squad, (only 23 players in the 1st Team squad + 3 more out on  loan), and also quite serious limitations to the finances by the sounds of it, (with some awful release/loan clauses in the contracts of many of the better players. Some sort of moneyball/selling club strategy would work well here, but once again the expectations are going to be pretty high. 

On 17/08/2024 at 05:34, Jimbokav1971 said:

Thanks for thinking of me, but MadSheep has it pegged!

11 hours ago, tenthreeleader said:

Thanks for thinking of me, but MadSheep has it pegged!

If you could look at my post that needs moderation, that would be appreciated (I've used Kanji, which is a bot mainstay)

10 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Nice. A little cluttered for me, but there's no denying it looks nice

Thanks. I think these kind of results images often tend to be. Obviously you could still make it more cluttered with starting lineups and match stats. :)

Hi, 

My first ever youth only save in Poland is nowhere near finished yet however I am starting to think forward about FM25. 
I have few ideas about saves that I could do but would like to get your thoughts and what you would like to see.  I can't make my mind up yet :lol: so your input would be appreciated. 

1. Youth Only in one of big leagues such as, Italy, Germany or France. Do not really fancy Spain due to too many restrictions or England because there is sooo many amazing youth only saves on this forum. ( I have only done 1 youth only save so trying in big league would be very interesting. 

2. Classic journeyman save - I haven't done one probably since FM18 

3. Build a Nation my way in a lesser nations - Something similar I have done in FM22 in Poland. (Any advice on leagues worth going for? )

4. Carry over my Youth Only to FM25 and continue with that. This is least favourable option.  

Details and save restrictions I will probably think at the point of getting the save ready but this is just general direction. 

TIA for your opinions :D

BIG DECISION....

Newcastle offer £118m for Lamine Yamal!

OoIKQN.png

I countered by asking for a £200m deal, I thought that would put them off but.........................

nKHS0c.png

On 27/08/2024 at 16:59, RoguPL said:

Hi, 

My first ever youth only save in Poland is nowhere near finished yet however I am starting to think forward about FM25. 
I have few ideas about saves that I could do but would like to get your thoughts and what you would like to see.  I can't make my mind up yet :lol: so your input would be appreciated. 

1. Youth Only in one of big leagues such as, Italy, Germany or France. Do not really fancy Spain due to too many restrictions or England because there is sooo many amazing youth only saves on this forum. ( I have only done 1 youth only save so trying in big league would be very interesting. 

2. Classic journeyman save - I haven't done one probably since FM18 

3. Build a Nation my way in a lesser nations - Something similar I have done in FM22 in Poland. (Any advice on leagues worth going for? )

4. Carry over my Youth Only to FM25 and continue with that. This is least favourable option.  

Details and save restrictions I will probably think at the point of getting the save ready but this is just general direction. 

TIA for your opinions :D

I have enjoyed your Poland save, so I am glad it is continuing for now.

Option 1 would be my preference, and in France in particular. There are lots of 'stories' in lower league France you could try as options for youth only - a Bordeaux rebuild (although that will be popular in FM25 I feel), or perhaps a team like Aviron Bayonnais who bring through Basque players, or perhaps a team from Corsica trying to take on the 'mainland'?

I am currently doing an FM24 save which is in the bucket of option 2 - a regional journeyman in the Balkan/South East Europe area. I started in the Kosovan 4th tier, then moved to the Kosovan 2nd tier and after getting promotion and winning the cup I was poached by Cibilia in the Croatian 2nd tier. I have also considered a few other similar regional journeyman saves, like in the Nordics, or Benelux or countries around the Mediterranean or so on. It also saves my computer a bit by loading leagues in those regions and not taxing it too much more.

Edited by Johnny-Trotter
More regional context

5 hours ago, Johnny-Trotter said:

I have enjoyed your Poland save, so I am glad it is continuing for now.

Thanks for your input and  I am glad that you enjoy it :D 

Option 1 would be my preference, and in France in particular. There are lots of 'stories' in lower league France you could try as options for youth only - a Bordeaux rebuild (although that will be popular in FM25 I feel), or perhaps a team like Aviron Bayonnais who bring through Basque players, or perhaps a team from Corsica trying to take on the 'mainland'?

France is something that I do consider. Especially that 1. Not long ago FM21 perhaps I played with JS Bonifacio a Corsica team and managed to get them up to Ligue 2. Got bored at that point. There is definitly some unfinished business here.  :D  Also I won my first ever Champions League with Bordeaux probably going back to FM11 or maybe FM08 now, but I think like you that Bordeaux save will be very popular so I think I will pass on this :D  If you know any stories apart from Aviron Bayonnais please let me know for consideration ! 

I think out of the 3 that I mentioned I was considering Italy to be my first option as I don't think I managed there since like FM16?

I am currently doing an FM24 save which is in the bucket of option 2 - a regional journeyman in the Balkan/South East Europe area. I started in the Kosovan 4th tier, then moved to the Kosovan 2nd tier and after getting promotion and winning the cup I was poached by Cibilia in the Croatian 2nd tier. I have also considered a few other similar regional journeyman saves, like in the Nordics, or Benelux or countries around the Mediterranean or so on. It also saves my computer a bit by loading leagues in those regions and not taxing it too much more.

This is some journey ! Congrats ! If will decide to do the journeyman it will most likely be whole Europe, Where I will remove lower divisions further in the save but top ones will remain. I usually like to play with more leagues loaded despite the speed, but I recently updated my CPU and my current save, despite it being 33rd season is still really quick, so I think it can handle bigger DB.