Foreign Player Problem

Hello,

ım managing Galatasaray and we have 14 foreign players limit. I have normally 14 players and Ianis Hagi who has born in Turkey and has Turkish passport. I can’t add him into my list

image.jpg

Is he declared for the Romanian national team? If so it might mean that you can only have 14 players who aren't eligible for the Turkish national team. There is a similar rule in Russia. Even if a player has a Russian passport/eligibility, if he has represented another team at international level he is considered foreign.

Brookie got it right, the rule is that players have to be eligible for the Turkish national team to be considered "Turkish" enough for this rule. It doesn't matter if they have played for Turkey or not, but they have to be able to. So dual nationalities where the player are unable to play for Turkey equals non-Turkish. Strange rule, but it's how it is.

15 minutes ago, XaW said:

Brookie got it right, the rule is that players have to be eligible for the Turkish national team to be considered "Turkish" enough for this rule. It doesn't matter if they have played for Turkey or not, but they have to be able to. So dual nationalities where the player are unable to play for Turkey equals non-Turkish. Strange rule, but it's how it is.

It makes sense to me - it's surely about trying to help the national team, so someone who can never play for them is no good.

18 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

It makes sense to me - it's surely about trying to help the national team, so someone who can never play for them is no good.

Yeah, I understand the reasoning behind it, but consider this. A player with Turkish and Georgian parents, born in Turkey, living in Turkey, playing for a Turkish side, but are deemed not good enough to play for the Turkish national side and thus are offered a chance to play for Georgia which he does, are suddenly declared a foreign player. For me, that's just plain strange.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Yeah, I understand the reasoning behind it, but consider this. A player with Turkish and Georgian parents, born in Turkey, living in Turkey, playing for a Turkish side, but are deemed not good enough to play for the Turkish national side and thus are offered a chance to play for Georgia which he does, are suddenly declared a foreign player. For me, that's just plain strange.

It might also mean, though, that that player decides not to play for Georgia, leaving open the option of Turkey if he improves, so as not to be classed as a foreign player.

1 minute ago, Spurs08 said:

It might also mean, though, that that player decides not to play for Georgia, leaving open the option of Turkey if he improves, so as not to be classed as a foreign player.

Yeah, but that feels more like extortion with extra steps...

2 hours ago, Benru said:

Hello,

ım managing Galatasaray and we have 14 foreign players limit. I have normally 14 players and Ianis Hagi who has born in Turkey and has Turkish passport. I can’t add him into my list

image.jpg

I can't read the language your game is in, but I only see the icon of the Romanian national side...suggesting despite his birthplace he doesn't hold Turkish citizenship therefore would be foreign. I'm guessing given he was born in 1998 and his father left Turkey in 2001 to manage the national side, you must need to remain longer or fill in a form or something to acquire Turkish citizenship when your parents are foreign? Or FM screwed up. 

11 hours ago, zlatanera said:

I can't read the language your game is in, but I only see the icon of the Romanian national side...suggesting despite his birthplace he doesn't hold Turkish citizenship therefore would be foreign. I'm guessing given he was born in 1998 and his father left Turkey in 2001 to manage the national side, you must need to remain longer or fill in a form or something to acquire Turkish citizenship when your parents are foreign? Or FM screwed up. 

Actually if you born in Turkey you are being citizen even if your parents are foreign

3 hours ago, Benru said:

Actually if you born in Turkey you are being citizen even if your parents are foreign

Could be an FM screw up then. Which database are you on? Is it the January transfers update? Because that picture you uploaded does show him as only a Romanian national.

Whereas on my Fiorentina save with the original database he's got both Romanian and Turkish nationality.

1 hour ago, zlatanera said:

Could be an FM screw up then. Which database are you on? Is it the January transfers update? Because that picture you uploaded does show him as only a Romanian national.

Whereas on my Fiorentina save with the original database he's got both Romanian and Turkish nationality.

See @brookie1402's comments below (their at the top of the thread). That's why it doesn't count.

18 hours ago, brookie1402 said:

Is he declared for the Romanian national team? If so it might mean that you can only have 14 players who aren't eligible for the Turkish national team. There is a similar rule in Russia. Even if a player has a Russian passport/eligibility, if he has represented another team at international level he is considered foreign.

28 minutes ago, Neotropolis said:

See @brookie1402's comments below (their at the top of the thread). That's why it doesn't count.

Yes I saw those, what confused me is that it didn't even show his second nationality. If they declare for a nation, it'll still show their other nationality. Like so:

569940111_ScreenShot2018-06-10at15_39_54.thumb.png.51add9a0acf238c62004a8bab8c92c31.png

That's Ianis Hagi on the original database. If you compare that image to the OP, you'll notice that in both cases Romanian is listed as a nationality, but for some reason for OP Turkish isn't. That's why, when given the information about being born in Turkey automatically granting you citizenship, I came to the conclusion that it's a flaw in the game that he doesn't have Turkish nationality for @Benru

On 10/06/2018 at 17:42, zlatanera said:

Yes I saw those, what confused me is that it didn't even show his second nationality. If they declare for a nation, it'll still show their other nationality. Like so:

569940111_ScreenShot2018-06-10at15_39_54.thumb.png.51add9a0acf238c62004a8bab8c92c31.png

That's Ianis Hagi on the original database. If you compare that image to the OP, you'll notice that in both cases Romanian is listed as a nationality, but for some reason for OP Turkish isn't. That's why, when given the information about being born in Turkey automatically granting you citizenship, I came to the conclusion that it's a flaw in the game that he doesn't have Turkish nationality for @Benru

Yes, mine is january database. In original one (without update) he also had Turkish nationality. He has Turkish pasaport in real life

Archived