How to go to the desktop when playing in full screen mode ?

Hey guys, silly question.

In the previous games, I had the possibility to go back to the laptop desktop by pressing the windows key on the keyboard when I played football manager in full screen mode. It was the case up to FM17.

In this edition, impossible for me to go back to the desktop when I play the game in full screen no matter which key I press.

Does anyone know if this is possible and tell me how to do it ? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Edited by Medmax

Thanks guys, you're legends :thup:

Tried the "control + tab" but didn't work unfortunately

However, the "alt + tab" command gave me the possibility to do it. It opens a window in the game interface, where I can choose between different screens while holding the alt key. One of those screen is the desktop ;)

It will do, but just to know, do you have to do the same ? Before, it was quite easy : just pressing the windows key and I was straight to the desktop. Now, windows key or "ctrl + escape" opens the apps page in windows 8.1 where there is a desktop icon. But when I click on it, it sends me back to the game, as if the game interface became the desktop.

It's not really practical if you go back and forth from the game and your desktop for other duties (even surfing on the web). Is there another way to set it ? Or everyone has to go through this process ?

Edited by Medmax

You could try Win + Tab. Depending on what kind of Windows you have, you might find what you want. Like another desktop you can move between and such (by pressing win+crtl+left/right). Though I don't know how FM works along side it...

Edited by XaW

Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it.

Windows key alone or "win + tab" didn't work for me.

However, thank you very much Samuel. Win + D works perfectly. I just needed "win" alone up to FM17, but I'll just use the "+D" for this edition  :thup:

Thanks again guys ;)

• 1 year later...

"Win+D" imo is the best option to do so for any game! I use "Alt+Tab" too but it crashed my game as well as my whole PC lol a couple of times/slows down the game UI but never faced any problem with 1st one