Unofficial let's talk FM features thread

On 03/10/2018 at 18:48, bigmattb28 said:

Some good suggestions there mate, hopefully we see improvements to the international side of the game, fingers crossed.

The national team won't be, as they're not licenced, the Bundesliga is though. There's a workaround for the German (and Japanese) national teams from anohther forum that works on release day,

Do you have a link for that? I need the Japanese team lol

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Because it's never released until closer to release, when it's closer to the launch version. 

And no it wasn't always released in the past with the new features list. 

And they tend to push things out bit by bit until release. 

This is a fairly new idea back in FM11 and Fm12 the match footage was available in August approx two months before release

On 27/09/2018 at 20:49, Lucas said:

Some FMT19 screenshots: 

1-League%20selector_0.jpg

I'm a simple man with simple wishes ... just give me Select All buttons on this screen (I assume that it will look the same on the full game).

Going through this process once you have added 50 more countries to the game is a nightmare, always have been. And this would be at least the 3rd or 4th time I have raised this issue (in the appropriate forum).

Give us a Select All button for both countries and leagues.

9 hours ago, king_karl said:

I look forward to the inclusion of the J League :(....One day. 

Ive been waiting for years, but SI cant include it due to licensing.

Luckily there are many Japanese databases around the place, I cant play without it!

The Australian A-League is announcing on October 31st that 2 extra franchises will be added to the league in 2019 - 2020 season . This will increase the league to 12 teams . Do you think this will be added for this years game as the season runs from October - March or would they wait till the next release 

1 hour ago, prot651 said:

The Australian A-League is announcing on October 31st that 2 extra franchises will be added to the league in 2019 - 2020 season . This will increase the league to 12 teams . Do you think this will be added for this years game as the season runs from October - March or would they wait till the next release 

SI will usually not include a competition change until it has been confirmed by an official source, so it will be unlikely to be considered until announced. With the game release date being the 2nd Nov, inclusion in the first game version is very unlikely.

5 minutes ago, FrazT said:

SI will usually not include a competition change until it has been confirmed by an official source, so it will be unlikely to be considered until announced. With the game release date being the 2nd Nov, inclusion in the first game version is very unlikely.

Guess it will be an editor job then

I'm interested in the new tactical features along with training mainly.

However I'm only really interested if I feel like what I do in those areas comes across in the match engine as it should. So I'll hold out on getting too excited until I can see that. 

On 07/10/2018 at 07:07, prot651 said:

If it's still a licensed league then it will also depend on what the terms of SI's license includes, (likely only covers 18-19 season) and as FrazT it will also depend on what information has been announced - what teams will be joining, whether they are new clubs or existing clubs etc...

The biggest issue for me is the ME and the lack of animations,im pleased with the graphics i just want more animations.. to see some dribbling,body fakes,fakes shots,some double passes.. tackles.. GK rushing out and making penalties..

This will be crucial 

Still not 100% sure about purchasing FM19, still playing FM17. Is it still possible to download the demo version of FM18, just so I can get up to speed and make a final decision whether to buy FM19?

16 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Maybe it's not really the proper topic to ask, but I don't want to make a separate one just for this.

What happened to -25% discount if you own previous games? It's just -10% discount on steam.

From 55 to 50€.

That was last year.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Iirc, it was a thing since FM16 or 17. Certainly at least 2 games in a row.

Why would an annual game have the same marketing/pre-sales campaign indefinitely?

It should never be taken as given, and there's likely to be sales over the course of the season as well. 

13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Why would an annual game have the same marketing/pre-sales campaign indefinitely?

It should never be taken as given, and there's likely to be sales over the course of the season as well.  

I didn't think of it as a marketing campaing, but as a loyalty bonus.
5% discount per FM game in library was a great thing, because annual releases aren't usually well-received in gaming world.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pre-ordering the game as per usual, 10€  difference won't make a difference. But loyalty bonus was a really nice gesture.

9 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I didn't think of it as a marketing campaing, but as a loyalty bonus.
5% discount per FM game in library was a great thing, because annual releases aren't usually well-received in gaming world.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pre-ordering the game as per usual, 10€  difference won't make a difference. But loyalty bonus was a really nice gesture.

Loyalty Bonus = Marketing Campaign.  They're equivalent, just purely marketing at returning players.

Sure it was a great scheme, and saved people a bit of money, but they're under no obligation to keep offering it.  Presumably they didn't see the monetary benefit to it, they are still a business after all.  It's rare they're going to offer something truly altruistic that they're not going to benefit from.  If they're confident that the loyal players will purchase anyway, why give them the sweetener?  If they're wrong, maybe it returns for FM20.

2 hours ago, YouReds said:

Still not 100% sure about purchasing FM19, still playing FM17. Is it still possible to download the demo version of FM18, just so I can get up to speed and make a final decision whether to buy FM19?

Yes a link to the demo should still be on the FM18 steam page (down the right above the achievement info) https://store.steampowered.com/app/624090/

20 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Couple more new features:

These little new additions are really impressive IMO.  The player match up one is quite a good addition in itself. Just hope they aren't silly match ups and they are based on probable (strongest) starting 11's.

I'd hate to be for example Man City taking on Barcelona in CL, and the pre match player battle focuses on, say, Adarabioyo v Suarez when the former never plays.   Kinda in the same way as in FM18, occasionally the pre match report highlights player X as key player, when said player has played about 3 games all season

On 24/09/2018 at 12:45, westy8chimp said:

The typical goals

Rather than analysis over the season and screenshots of pass maps... i'll leave all that to the imagination. I'm on a new laptop and can finally upload videos (still working out how.. it crashed my game several times in my Bournemouth save... so learned to Save after every match then go to review the replays). Also, unfortunately too late, I realise my upload packages were only actually saving one highlight. So any game Smith got a brace or hatty, until I noticed the error, wasn't captured  

Whilst he wasn't top scorer. Smith was the main man. Won most headers in the league

1235342279_mattsmithheaderswon.thumb.JPG.77bd3bb35c0492fba7121fc4d6f40178.JPG

And was involved in pretty much everything.

So here are some classic TM goals, from the beast Matt Smith.

-----------------

@ajsr1982 take back what you said about the target man.... That role is obscenely good when used properly :D

You know better as a frequent member in the tactics forum 

Haha. It can work, obviously, like anything. My issue is that the target man is fairly ubiquitous in lower league football and lots of players have 'Target Man' as their primary/preferred function. Getting it to work without too much heavy wiring has been a constant bane for me over multiple versions of FM, personally. I'm being a little facetious, but telling my team to get the ball wide and lump it into the big fella shouldn't a) be that hard, or b) yield such bad results on 'default' settings. I'm aware that (b) could be an issue with me of course, but as someone who is 'okay' at this game, I can't see why I shouldn't be able to get this work on some level if I have fast wingers and a guy who has the green circle as a TM.

As a frequent member of the tactics forum yourself, you'll be aware of the prevalence of using someone who is ostensibly a TM as a DLF/DF. Which is a shame.

Could be a labelling/description issue of course, and for a TM to really work, you need a Jan Koller/John Carew type player.

14 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Couple more new features:

Was wondering about the scout reports - would they be of the players you scouted whilst at your previous club, or would it be the scout reports made by the scouts at the club at which you've just arrived?

7 minutes ago, FrazT said:

I would have thought that the ones you could now access would be those relevant to your current club, as those from your previous club will not be accurate if you have moved up in standard.

Agreed, if I move from a League One Club to a Serie A Club I would have no use for the reports from the scouts from said League One Club.

But what if I moved from say Man City to Barcelona and I used a scout at City to find under-20 talents - would love to have those reports...

Has to be said though, regardless of which of the two it is, I think it's a brilliant add-on and improves on one of the main things I think the Scouting-system lacked. Instead of starting over at every new club (and wasting a big part of the 1st transfer window if you arrive in one) you can now dive straight in. :)

28 minutes ago, FrazT said:

The scout reports, like all company documents, will be the property of the club that commissioned them, so they should stay with that club, in my view.

That's actually pretty logical reasoning :brock:

26 minutes ago, grade said:

When  do we hear about FMT news or announcements?

It seems to be going the way of last year where there were no announcements for FMT, even after the release of BETA. Your guess is as good as mine in which of the the new features will or won't be included in FMT. Just a little something would be nice and show we're not forgotten about.

49 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Anyone have any idea what this means (the second one, obviously)?

It might be a mistype and he meant streaming improvements rather than more steam integration as the previous games already had full steam integration? - Or looking at the comments it might be something to do with the new steam friends system as I think that now has better hooks into games instead of just showing you playing the game it can show other details.

20 minuti fa, DP ha scritto:

Possibly rather than just showing someone is playing FM you’ll be able to see what match is playing etc.

Since FM 16 you can see that someone from your friends list plays FM and, even better, you can open their game and watch it in sort of "spectator mode". So it would be kind of pointless to announce this kind of information as a feature. Yet... marketing :D 

24 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

Since FM 16 you can see that someone from your friends list plays FM and, even better, you can open their game and watch it in sort of "spectator mode". So it would be kind of pointless to announce this kind of information as a feature. Yet... marketing :D 

Yep agree it shouldn’t really be announced as a feature. 

Wondering if it’s more an extension of ‘xxx is playing football manager’ and says ‘xxx is playing football manager; managing Man Utd, year 2020’.  

Some more detail. Nice enough but not really a feature of the game. 

32 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

You mean Steam Broadcasting? Does anyone honestly use that? The only experience I've had with it was when I got a notification from a friend who accidentally clicked 'Watch Game' while I was playing Civilization V. :D

I agree with what's been said above. As new features go, this is one of the most 'meh' Miles or SI have announced so far.

Archived