What are the actual confirmed features for FMT 19?

• Administrators

Tactics.

UI.

ME updates.

This much we know from screenshots on the website.

Rest we will have to discover, I suppose. 

WHAT!?      No Editor!!!???

:lol: 

To be honest, I'm please with the listed updates we know about so far (Tactics, UI + ME updates), as there's not much more to add to FMT in my opinion; if they improved the long-term squad building and the out-of-control mid-long term transfer prices/fees/wages I'd be very happy.

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Tactics.

UI.

ME updates.

This much we know from screenshots on the website.

Rest we will have to discover, I suppose. 

One other small change you missed - Training.

Edit - ignore me, forgot I was posting in the FMT forum.  I've no info about FMT I'm afraid :(.

10 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Is that actually confirmed? I haven't seen anything to mention whether training is changing to match the full game or staying similar to try and keep it streamlined.

It also looks like (from screenshots) that Tactical Familiarity is being introduced this year for the first time which seems odd as it had been intentionally left out of previous versions.

Everyone who says that nothing needs to be announced because it's already been announced for the full game are clearly missing the point that only some new features get ported to Touch and we have no clue what until the game releases.

11 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Do you think the new training module will be in the touch version, in the same way that it is in the full fat version?

It seems a bit too much for the touch version.

7 minutes ago, Cal585 said:

Is that actually confirmed? I haven't seen anything to mention whether training is changing to match the full game or staying similar to try and keep it streamlined.

It also looks like (from screenshots) that Tactical Familiarity is being introduced this year for the first time which seems odd as it had been intentionally left out of previous versions.

Everyone who says that nothing needs to be announced because it's already been announced for the full game are clearly missing the point that only some new features get ported to Touch and we have no clue what until the game releases.

Oops sorry, forgot I was in the FMT forum :(.

8 minutes ago, rich10 said:

@Cal585 I don't think anyone is saying that to be honest, I suspect we all think more comms should be made for FMT inclusions/omissions (where confirmed).

I've seen a couple of posts (either here or in the GD forums) by users saying that because there is no new specific FMT content that there is no need for announcements as all the information is already covered in the existing full fat discussions.

@herne79 No worries, as you can see, we are all desperate for information!

• Administrators
1 hour ago, herne79 said:

Edit - ignore me, forgot I was posting in the FMT forum.  I've no info about FMT I'm afraid :(.

Something I’m looking forwarding to finding out ;). Basically anything you see announced for FM, see what FMT’s take on it if there is one. :) 

5 hours ago, Andyh21 said:

But whole point of the touch version is simplicity no training, no pointless match engine and just all the boring things full one has. Only an editor is the way that the touch version can be significantly improved. Otherwise don't TOUCH it :brock:

We've wanted improvements to training for years in FMT, and FMT has always had the same match engine as FM.

For these interested in what is in FMT from the full FM, here are some things I saw. (disclaimer: I just started it up and saw some features, dabbled around a bit, some intricacies are only seen after a while):

1) Inductions - yes

2) Tactical familiarity - no

3) Tactical presets/styles - yes

4) New training system - no (you can select the type of training you want to focus on - physical, attacking, defending, etc.)

5) Mentoring - yes (you select players and put them in groups)

6) Dynamics - no

7) Purple skin - not quite, it's a dark skin with a purple flair; there's also a retro skin

8) Medical center - yes but more condensed

9) Scouting - as before, you have your 4 to 8? Areas to sent someone to and can set it up quickly

10) Staff - as before, you have your 6 main heads of "departments"

I'm starting to get this uneasy feel, that I can't seem to shake it off. This sentiment has began since the beta started and I looked back to what we had of news of FMT. Last year and this year FMT that is probably one of the worst marketing strategies I have seen for quite a few years (not that I'm that of Marketing guru).

We had no clue which part of new features would be part of FMT, if it was parts of it or not. We had only 5 screenshoots of it... On a pseudo background look a like of an Ipad layout. Nothing more.

Last year we also had no news the new features would be in FMT. What exactly what level of the new features would be in. How it fit and work in FMT style of play.

That feeling that I now starting to feel and seeing the level of marketing there is from SI... That uneasy feeling... I feel right now... that I can't shake it off... I think we are witnessing, the unfortunate upcoming end of FMT.

:'(

I don't think it means it is coming to an end. With the tablet and switch version it is only starting to take off. 

I think they're focusing on the main game at this point and only once the tablet version comes out do they market FMT. 

I think, as I mentioned, they should let us know more but I don't think it means it is ending. 

50 minutes ago, tyro said:

I don't think it means it is coming to an end. With the tablet and switch version it is only starting to take off. 

I disagree. Football Manager Classic was changed to Football Manager Touch in 2014 with FM15 (correct if I'm wrong). Since then the announcement features have been released less and less. These 2 last releases (FM18 and FM19), there was no new features announcements, whatsoever. Just few screenshots, and that is it. Those that play FMT, were left wondering what part of the new features announced in the fat FM was part of FMT. Of the group of people I know and what I saw/see in these forums and through out the net, either is no knows about FMT or think that FMT is a exclusive thing to tablets or think is dumb down version for kids (which some moderators have been telling that is not in these forums, but I see no effort from SI part to tell it otherwise (again if any of you prove I'm wrong I'm happy to apologise)).

Mark my words, my gut feeling says: "FMT days are numbered." 

I think they're focusing on the main game at this point and only once the tablet version comes out do they market FMT. 

They will never stop focusing on the main game. And again last year there was no announcements for FMT, prior to the beta release. This year is the same.

I think, as I mentioned, they should let us know more but I don't think it means it is ending. 

I agree partially with this. IF FMT is on their long term projects, they should market more. But I disagree, I find the lack of marketing and lack of announcements for FMT disturbing.

9 minutes ago, KennedyBakircioglu said:

I've only bought FMT this year, usually get the full game but end up playing FMT, I'm old school and don't like all the bells and whistles that come with the full game.

I'm waiting to see if they include an editor so I can start further down the pyramid.  Until then I'm sticking with FM17 Touch.

2 hours ago, iamnobody said:

I'm waiting to see if they include an editor so I can start further down the pyramid.  Until then I'm sticking with FM17 Touch.

I also wanted to make an USA pyramid and Portuguese lower leagues. I can't.

I also hope i'm very wrong, but gut feeling says that.

Also I doubt we will have an editor this year. Another gut feeling I have.

FMT won't end. They just seem to view it as only a tablet game. Removing league restrictions and full match view are the only differences I know of between pc and tablet. Therefore it doesn't need to be marketed until the store release and even then it's aimed at players who want a portable version of the full game. It's also one of the main reasons we don't have an editor even for the pc, because they won't release something for pc only and they don't think it's workable on tablets yet. I still feel like the cross save feature could be utilised to allow people to use a limited (no adding leagues unfortunately) pc only version of the editor then transfer the edited save back to the tablet. Just editing the numbers shouldn't change performance too much.

This year I've finally succumbed and will be trying to play the full game with assistant taking over press conferences and such. I'm skeptical about how well it will work but I can't knock it until I try it.

I doubt they'll just cancel FMT, but I do think it will continue to be neglected.

On the face of it, it's bad, but when I think about it more, maybe it's a good thing since FMT as is counts as a really good game for me. Apart from some UI issues and aesthetical things like horrible skins, I wouldn't change much about it. Adding more features could detract from what actually makes FMT tick.

Like many, i also think that FMT, and FMT players, are a bit neglected by SI, but i don't think that there is any chance that FMT will end in the near future.

In fact, i think that year by year the number of users playing FMT (in pc and tablet) are increasing and are becaming more and more like a little community inside the football manager world.

The problem for me, is the SI is still living in 2013 when they released FMT (back then FMC) for the first time.

When FMT was released in 2013, it was only for PC and it was a free game to anyone that bought FM. By making this, SI was giving a new version of the game, a more simply version of the game, attending a large number of players that were leaving FM because it was getting too complex and too time consuming. But it was a game for FM players. I don't think that SI released the game to bring in new players but only to prevent old players would leave the game.

In 2015, they start to also release FMT in android and ios, and FMT could also be bought apart from FM, and this was a game changer, with new players starting to play the game, playing only FMT, playing for example only in a tablet. And from that day FMT was no longer a light version of FM, but a new game for many players around the world that simply don't care about the full fat version. 

I think that SI needs to adapted to this new reality: they now have 3 separate kind of players: FM players, FMM players and FMT players, and they tend not to mixed up.

So, like FMM that has his own agenda, and his own rithm of development, i think that the same should happen with FMT. The problem is that SI still see FMT like a side B of a vynil album.

Until they start to realize this, i think FMT will alway be overlooked by SI.

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Like many, i also think that FMT, and FMT players, are a bit neglected by SI, but i don't think that there is any chance that FMT will end in the near future.

In fact, i think that year by year the number of users playing FMT (in pc and tablet) are increasing and are becaming more and more like a little community inside the football manager world.

The problem for me, is the SI is still living in 2013 when they released FMT (back then FMC) for the first time.

When FMT was released in 2013, it was only for PC and it was a free game to anyone that bought FM. By making this, SI was giving a new version of the game, a more simply version of the game, attending a large number of players that were leaving FM because it was getting too complex and too time consuming. But it was a game for FM players. I don't think that SI released the game to bring in new players but only to prevent old players would leave the game.

In 2015, they start to also release FMT in android and ios, and FMT could also be bought apart from FM, and this was a game changer, with new players starting to play the game, playing only FMT, playing for example only in a tablet. And from that day FMT was no longer a light version of FM, but a new game for many players around the world that simply don't care about the full fat version. 

I think that SI needs to adapted to this new reality: they now have 3 separate kind of players: FM players, FMM players and FMT players, and they tend not to mixed up.

So, like FMM that has his own agenda, and his own rithm of development, i think that the same should happen with FMT. The problem is that SI still see FMT like a side B of a vynil album.

Until they start to realize this, i think FMT will alway be overlooked by SI.

A lot of assumptions here. Some wrong opinions presenting as fact, too.

All I'll say is, they do care, and it does have its own agenda. I think one of the confusing aspect for users has been where it fits in the hierarchy. Why are some features in FMM & FM PC, but not FMT. Does FMT look distinct enough as its own title, etc.

A lot of these assumptions are flowing from what you can see with regards to announcements, marketing etc -- so I understand what you're saying.

Wouldn't say it is neglect - a marketing message you read is just a message, it doesn't make the game or design its features.

14 minutes ago, Lucas said:

A lot of assumptions here. Some wrong opinions presenting as fact, too.

All I'll say is, they do care, and it does have its own agenda. I think one of the confusing aspect for users has been where it fits in the hierarchy. Why are some features in FMM & FM PC, but not FMT. Does FMT look distinct enough as its own title, etc.

A lot of these assumptions are flowing from what you can see with regards to announcements, marketing etc -- so I understand what you're saying.

Wouldn't say it is neglect - a marketing message you read is just a message, it doesn't make the game or design its features.

If at any point i make opinions as facts, i'm sorry for that. My intend was only share my opinion.

It's curious you talk about marketing but the truth is, marketingis the main (if not the only) veichle to share information between a company that is selling a product and a group of people that are thinking of buying that product.

The part that i highlight at bold is right on target of what i was trying to say: Does FMT look distinct enough as its own title?

For me, it does not, and it should. And the main reason i see fot that to happen is because SI don't deal with FMT the same way they do with FMM. You could say, because FMT it's product closer to the full fat version, it's harder to make FMT as distinct as FMM, and i agree with that. 

It's harder, but still so much more could be done.

Hi (fast) reply: 

"Touch is a strange one for us PR wise - with mobile/tablet games, it's best practise to announce features at release, due to the fast moving nature of the business. But Touch is on PC too, where announces are normally earlier. But very few play on PC, so tablet plans take over."

So there we have it  :) 

3 hours ago, rich10 said:

I've just asked Miles this question (Why is there no info released for FMT?), rather than speculating on here, so lets give him time to reply and see what he says.

I don't have a twitter account, but can you ask him about if there is any FMT editor? If not when will the users of Desktop version might have one?

Archived