Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, can anyone tell me if the following has been addressed:

Are interactions still formulaic and repetitive?

Do teams from League 2 still pass it about like Barca?

Does the ME show players beating others with skill, or just knock it past and run?

Does the AM's advice bear any resemblance to what you are trying to achieve? (I.e. if I want to play 442, does the AM still try to impose his favoured formation?)

Does the AI still offer pathetically low for your best players?

Is it materially any better than 18?

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

A striker with 4 composure and 1 balance. Surprised his bio doesn't list him as 'the new Emile Heskey'

harratt.PNG

lol i thought he'd be a bit better, scored 9 in 9 so far for u18 team but hes u17.  now to send it his dad :lol:

7 minutes ago, martplfc1 said:

Does the ME show players beating others with skill, or just knock it past and run?

Does the AM's advice bear any resemblance to what you are trying to achieve? (I.e. if I want to play 442, does the AM still try to impose his favoured formation?)

In terms of the ME, it’s pretty much the same as last year. 

I didn't play much yet, but from what  I've played, I'm liking it. The training part is still a bit confusing, but with time I'm sure I will get used to it. I have one question, don't know if its a bug, but not sure where to ask it. On this version, as I understand, the fluidity comes automatically with the way we set up the tactics, am I right? But, no matter how I change the transitions, it shows always strutured on the tactics screen. And my assistant manager, on the briefing with the team, asks them to play very fluid. Is this a bug, or am I'm doing something wrong?

Just now, shadster said:

I didn't play much yet, but from what  I've played, I'm liking it. The training part is still a bit confusing, but with time I'm sure I will get used to it. I have one question, don't know if its a bug, but not sure where to ask it. On this version, as I understand, the fluidity comes automatically with the way we set up the tactics, am I right? But, no matter how I change the transitions, it shows always strutured on the tactics screen. And my assistant manager, on the briefing with the team, asks them to play very fluid. Is this a bug, or am I'm doing something wrong?

It basically works on the amount of support duties.

19 minutes ago, martplfc1 said:

All those issues seem to be there... 

But at the same time my answer to your final question imo is yes... 

Theres lots of little improvements... And the guy who said the ME isnt improved is smoking some fine herb. The ball physics are a lot better... The general feel is a bit more natural...like more little deflecrions and keepers getting a hand to shots but it still going in. Play out of defence and you actually see the defenders split very realistically. Some of the pass moves are crisp, but equally theres more interceptions and misplaced passes. Your team can/does press more as a unit which is far better and more realistic. 

Dont take me as a recomendation because we all have our favorite part of the game and our personal game breakers too.

I havent mentioned training because so far ive given that to the asst... But its more depth. Mentoring is more realistic too and no cheap shortcut to boost players personality and determination in a matter of weeks. 

Tactics revamp is really good with the additional phase and its laid out much clearer. 

Some screens have a bit too much info for my liking, but plenty of others see that as improved. 

Some bits of the UI are giving me a headache... I cannot read the match ratings due to the colour mish mash and small blurry font of the numbers... Feel like I need glasses on... 

Overall feels a big leap from the last few editions.

1 minute ago, westy8chimp said:

Theres lots of little improvements.

6 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

One small tweak they made that's really neat is the break in the schedule, they've added in the month now and then listed the fixtures rather than just having one long list. 

It's the little things! :thup:

Ha, exactly, i hadnt even noticed that one... Lots of little things adding up. Im very impressed so far. 

30 minutes ago, MagicHat said:

36 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

A striker with 4 composure and 1 balance. Surprised his bio doesn't list him as 'the new Emile Heskey'

harratt.PNG

30 minutes ago, MagicHat said:

lol i thought he'd be a bit better, scored 9 in 9 so far for u18 team but hes u17.  now to send it his dad :lol:

Wouldn't do that just yet, he's got random atributes dribbling, finishing, first touch, heading all 13 on mine, gonna get my scouts on him:cool:

1 minute ago, martplfc1 said:

Thanks @westy8chimp

Not sure minor tweaks will do it for me this year, I'll certainly be trying the demo first. All of the things listed are pretty much game breakers for me.

Its a shame... I dislike those aspects...

But i dont think interactions could ever be greatly improved... Japanese solely focussing on AI interactions havent cracked it (with a sole purpose and mega funding) so i will be long time buried before SI can implement it! Some of the questions seem to have more relevance, but once youve signed a couple of players its always going to be repetitive. 

AM advice similar... Its so subjective anyway you cant even get good advice from 99% of forum members in the tactic threads. Its been improved a tad... In that there is some more explanation behind the advice or suggestion i. E. I was chelsea vs arsenal and the report said 'they arent the best in the air (so using giroud could exploit this)' where before i think you just got the analysis 'they arent the tallest team'. 

Re league 2 passing... I dont have a sample size so maybe i misled you, but i played a weak side in carling cup and didnt notice them being much weaker

The AI will always be bloodsucking criminals in the transfer market... But the human still holds advantage over time with ability to find wonderkids/out of contract players easily

I should caveat this all with... Im not even half a season into it yet. 

Just now, henryzz said:

Is it just me who has a ridiculous number of fixtures in august? Got 8 league matches in August. Got 3 league matches and 1 cup match in september. 4 league matches in october etc. Playing as Stockport County.

Is that not a licenced league? In which case, the fixtures should mirror real life. 

12 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

Hi Tom..i agree that where the u23 train with the main squad the tutoring groups should reflect that.

Just on the u23 training tho, it was always club specific whether or not they trained with the main squad... And it was determined by real life... If they train at the same facilities. 

So some teams will share facility and therefore coaches between the main and u23 others have them seperate. Makes a big difference as you can use rubbishy u23 coaches to help train all categories (even if less than 1*) to lighten the load. 

This is fm18 thinking tho, i only played an hour last night and im avoiding fm19 training till ive learnt the ropes with the new tactic system

Ahh, I didn't know that the mix of first team and U23 was club dependant. Makes sense though. Still, unless Liverpool has changed they always had the mix so yes, I really do think the mentoring groups should also reflect that.

8 hours played and I'm digging it. Apart from the dark skin being too white, I am loving it.

I don't like the new scouting pages - the players scouted section, each player seems to take up too much verticle space. BUT the Recommendation field is useful and will probably be how I do it.

Not sure about tutoring? I've created a tutor group. Now what?

Ditto training - has the option gone to assign coaches to individual areas?

Also - still no ability to show all player names in the match engine? ;)

Edited by ZoDiAC_

2 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

The role selection might be forced upon the AI, but not for us lot.

Really good for the AI if that's how it works, bad naturally for players who struggle with sport basics" (or log on to download sites where tactics just pushing all players forward in an attempt to overpower the ME's ability to defend will be as rampant as usual). Speaking about which, the lack of "cheating AI" reviews is a tad suspcious. :D Then again, if the conversion of set pieces is significantly improved from previous releases (ditto long shots), those may come a bit too often "to the rescue". There is no team in football that is consistently saved from any such (nor does it consistently score from any such), not that I know of. :) Only in hindsight I personally really realized how powerful the corner bugs/cheats of old iterations have been.... even if there was **** all from open play, eventually, the corner would seal the deal every other week. And given that "parking bus teams" tend to get pegged back into their half quite a bit... Balance must be a tasty thing!

Edited by Svenc

5 minutes ago, Svenc said:

Speaking about which, the lack of "cheating AI" reviews is a tad suspcious.

I think when beta comes out a lot of people naturally go for bigger teams, of teams they are comfortable e with (support them or have been them often on previous fm)... So naturally a little easier.

Also the introduction of better templates means more users will have logical setups.. Which, with superior teams, should make it easier to win. 

I.e. Fm18 "im city i should win every game" [creates rubbish tactic full of contradictory instructions and lose many games] "... Cheating AI!!!" 

Fm19 "im city i should win every game" [chooses preset tactic full of cohesive instructions and win many games]... "happy days" 

Really happy with the tactics so far. It does seem cohesive, a bit like real footie in the best ways. Some more flukes (scored a few ace goals off the crossbar) - seen 4 own goals already lol

Nothing seems over or underpowered... yet. Top of the league with my tactic, seems boss! 

image.thumb.png.65813e6b2f6efd206d2627f549ac29f5.png

Edited by ZoDiAC_

Ooh graphics though... anti-aliasing on full AND graphics settings on anything other than Very High is a blurry mess in the ME

It seems you need Very High to get the best out of antialiasing - crispness. Without that it actually looks like it's the wrong resolution, so blurry is it

Edited by ZoDiAC_

4 minutes ago, ZoDiAC_ said:

Really happy with the tactics so far. It does seem cohesive, a bit like real footie in the best ways. Some more flukes (scored a few ace goals off the crossbar) - seen 4 own goals already lol

Nothing seems over or underpowered... yet. Top of the league with my tactic, seems boss! 

image.thumb.png.65813e6b2f6efd206d2627f549ac29f5.png

Not too many far post crosses resulting in simple flick in goals ?

Are your inside forwards running by their opponents out wide and crossing with their wrong foot?

And have you seen a typical inside forward goal already, a robben type of goal?

Genuinely interested in your findings as I am quite underwhelmed by the one dimensionality of the ME in my Liverpool save (crushing most opponents mainly through crosses and corners )

32 minutes ago, ZoDiAC_ said:

Not sure about tutoring? I've created a tutor group. Now what?

It's no longer called tutoring, tutoring was predictable and boring.

I guess the best you can do, is pair your influential senior player with a youngster or two and hope that they learn and improve their personalities as much as possible.

12 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

Not too many far post crosses resulting in simple flick in goals ?

Are your inside forwards running by their opponents out wide and crossing with their wrong foot?

And have you seen a typical inside forward goal already, a robben type of goal?

Genuinely interested in your findings as I am quite underwhelmed by the one dimensionality of the ME in my Liverpool save (crushing most opponents mainly through crosses and corners )

In order of the questions:

Almost all of my goals so far are not flick ins which surprises me as in FM18 a ton were. One great Salah one was him dribbling into the box, beating a few men, and scoring. A few long range shots (Fabinho has 4 goals). Seems balanced, though Icardi isn't doing much yet.

As in cuts inside and dribbles? Yeah, both Mane and Salah are doing it although not every game. I WANT my wingers to be free scoring as poss, because 1) it's LFC and 2) they happen to be the best players! (As I type this, Robbo just crossed to the far post and Mo nodded it in, which isn't Robben style I suppose)

Salah:

image.thumb.png.0b23dbc40f79c67ee6a30f0abb4f3943.png

General:

image.thumb.png.eb5ab7c1eb869b3557ced2fa61474aa3.png

Edited by ZoDiAC_

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, RobertPage said:

According to whoscored.com, no players have averaged more than 3 dribbles per game in the PL so far. 

9D3B0130-03F0-4EB0-8E1E-17D30ECE6A63.png

A quick note on this. We need to be careful how we define stats when looking at these sorts of things. Sometimes a dribble is simply carrying the ball at feet over X amount of ground, something Hazard does many more times than 2.8 per match, sometimes a dribble is defined as actually taking-on (and even beating) a man with the ball at feet, which is likely the 2.8 Hazard achieves in the above.

10 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

May be partly ME too. However, unless the roles are manuall tweaked some, in your tactic you basically force players to play it out to the flanks on the occasion too. Your entire midfield pushes up (where opponents sit, close and mark) and you have inside forwards cutting into that very same (central) space too. Who is going to be available for a pass once players have bunched? The backs bombing forward from deep. The tactical UI needs positioning arrows showing the implications of the roles/duty picks in possession in particular. My 2c.

4 minutes ago, ZoDiAC_ said:

In order of the questions:

Almost all of my goals so far are not flick ins which surprises me as in FM18 a ton were. One great Salah one was him dribbling into the box, beating a few men, and scoring. A few long range shots (Fabinho has 4 goals). Seems balanced, though Icardi isn't doing much yet.

As in cuts inside and dribbles? Yeah, both Mane and Salah are doing it although not every game. I WANT my wingers to be free, because 1) it's LFC and 2) they happen to be the best players! (As I type this, Robbo just crossed to the far post and Mo nodded it in, which isn't Robben style I suppose)

Salah:

image.thumb.png.0b23dbc40f79c67ee6a30f0abb4f3943.png

General:

image.thumb.png.eb5ab7c1eb869b3557ced2fa61474aa3.png

I have Salah set up the same but on attacking duty. Same goes for Mane. They are both unstoppable but mostly uninteresting goals through tip ins in the 6 yard box.

The rest of my tactic is way more attacking than yours. Results are great,  score loads of goals but just no variety.

I've set up defensive as I figure once Icardi clicks with Sane and Mo, the league is mine so I concentrated on defence :) Woah, had to sell a few players for him btw, lashed down £82m with like 6 installments bring it to £120m though. 19 finishing...

Salah for me has 34 dribbles in 9 appearances...  the goals are interesting for me so far. Though I'm seeing a pattern (a lot of woodwork? 4 own goals! A lot of "Fabinho or Hendo late into the area" goals...)

Edited by ZoDiAC_

I have a change request/feature request but I'm not sure where to post it, as it isn't a bug, so I thought I'd try here.

When I get an individual scout report and click 'Acknowledge', it would be good if I was taken to the next news item. Would just make moving through the news items quicker.

• SI Staff
Just now, ChelseaSince86 said:

@Seb Wassell  Has it been logged that during pressers, there is an occasional slight "hang" between clicking your answer and the next Q appearing.  Similar happens in scouting meeting when clicking 'discard'

I'm afraid I do not know the answer to this and cannot look it up at this time. It would be worth checking in our UI bugs forum, and if it has not been acknowledged please do go ahead and raise it. Thanks for mentioning it.

4 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

I'm afraid I do not know the answer to this and cannot look it up at this time. It would be worth checking in our UI bugs forum, and if it has not been acknowledged please do go ahead and raise it. Thanks for mentioning it.

have raised already, just curious whether you were aware yourself

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fairly sure if you click the information menu in the match, should be a wee square symbol next to "opposition instructions", you get an option between "floating" and "split" alongside all the boxes to tick for match stats/assistant feedback etc.

Marvellous, will give it a try when next on. Thank you for your reply.