Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I've got a very good PC, it's based on “Ryzen Threadripper 1900X” CPU, also it has SSD.

As I said even with such good PC, I find that FM19 is very slow and I can only image how it feels for people with worse PC spec.

Strange. I am running a pc I assembled in 2008, windows 10, i7core 32gbRAM SSD HD, 4GB HD. And, I can play an STREAM FM19.

Just now, Rashidi said:

Strange. I am running a pc I assembled in 2008, windows 10, i7core 32gbRAM SSD HD, 4GB HD. And, I can play an STREAM FM19.

Game runs very good, set ups also very fast. Sometimes the menu has a kind of lag, but nothing to be worried.

First 5 hours of play:

Pros:

- ME(of course needs more testing), tactics, training

- fast processing

- overall improvement

Cons:

- 3d Faces

- Translation bugs (i'm playing in italian but there are still some lines in english)

- Other little bugs but nothing considering is just a beta

Edited by Dimitri_87

3 minutes ago, giakoumis said:

This year FM is also very good...BUT a lot of injuries and also I can not sell Real Madrid players......tsactics amazing and the panel from the coaches ticks,last year was better...(fm18)

Injury rates are at about 80% compared to real life, so you should see fewer injuries in FM compared to real life.

Struggling to sell players will depend on a lot of factors. Typically, there's not much activity in the first (and maybe even the January) transfer window, because most teams have already spent their money IRL and have settled squads. Then there's also rep and wages being paid, the player's interest in moving to the club interested in him etc. 

Lag in press conferences is noticable for me. Also quite a  lot of injuries, not sure if it's just my luck or what but every game I have one serious injury where I have to sub a player.

Also with ManUtd I am unable to create one decent chance from open play, we are sooo bad it is almost as real life. :D

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, bradjsmith said:

in transfer it wont let you choose playeres to exchange 

image.thumb.png.5d5d540aa2988e4bee858fe3b4583c3d.png

The Player Exchange option is under the additional fees section which gives you the option of adding transfer or loan listed players. If you wish to add 'Other Player From Squad' then select that option which will take you to your squad page. Right click on the player of your choice and there should be an 'Exchange Player' option. Once a player has been chosen this should take you back to the transfer offer page and you can make your offer from there .

image.thumb.png.3bfc238b636e8a4949983e42fd80df71.png

If any of this is not working for you then please start a thread in the the transfer and contract bugs forum and we can take a closer look.  

https://community.sigames.com/forum/640-transfers-contracts-and-scouting/

Cheers,

Ben

1 minute ago, luka_ said:

Also quite a  lot of injuries, not sure if it's just my luck or what but every game I have one serious injury where I have to sub a player.

You should be getting between 0.6-0.75 injuries per match on average : 

Is it just me or does it seem like there are few bugs this time compared to other beta versions?? I’m actually considering trying to start journeyman save tonight because it seems so good, but can always start again with full version if it becomes buggy........ so far definitely looks the best version yet

First competitive game so very little to go on. But this game (screenshot) worries me a bit.

First of all, Gunn being the worst player on the pitch after an absolute bombardment from us whilst Alisson who let almost everything in have pretty good rating. None of the CCCs where goals and the goals from Southampton were very weak shots that any goalie should easily deal with. 

Secondly, a bit worried with the ratings in general regarding my defenders, Southampton had pretty much nothing all game and yet every time they even strolled into our half the defenders just let them pass. (I'm playing Control Possession with a few role tweaks). My defenders should have had much much lower rating because Gomez and Trent were both responsible for 2 of their goals.

Third, not related to the screenshot below, but during pre-season we got 6 penalties in 7 games and missed 4 of them. Both stats a bit worrying. 

I love the new interface. Love tactics and training so far. All in all it's a very good feeling.

Anyway, first competitive game, so might get better but these are just my first impressions.

image.thumb.png.01aad6f8df97b4129f6c5d5652d4b0f8.png

9 hours ago, Stevicus said:

Also the 3D match graphics look great. Maybe I'm the only person who would have that opinion but 'medium detail' looks significantly better than it did for me last year on my absolute  potato of a  laptop

Agreed . Seems much sharper and clear .

12 hours ago, Per Annum said:

"The" Testimonal. Great - but whose? If I click on the "Testimonial" hyperlink it takes me to the next global round of unrelated testimonials, not actually the match in question itself. Only by flicking along the dates do I find out whose it is. (

Clicking on my own schedule also shows it, but surely hyperlink / news item would be better. Obviously I presume there will be other better news items about the match, and this one about TV scheduling just fell through the gaps for insertion of the name.

22222.png

Could you post this in the bugs forum and upload a save game showing the news item please? Thanks.

I really like what I'm seeing so far with the beta.  I like that in the individual training section you can see the player attributes and player report without having to click into the individual player, I also like that you can get the same info with the scouting cards too.  I love that you can get a lot more granular with the training, but at this moment in time I've got my assistant manager doing it as it's overwhelming.  I'm going to be reading the training thread that was linked earlier and tinkering a lot with it going forward.

Two pieces of feedback after a couple hours of play. 

1. The Purple and Dark skins are completely hamstrung by the huge amount of white pages littered around (in the inbox and calendar are the most obvious).

2. Seems to be a greater than normal amount of penalties given (and missed?) than you'd expect. 

Otherwise I've been pretty impressed so far. 

2 hours ago, fmFutbolManager said:

You can probably add them in with a custom skin.

Aye possibly, but do skinners even bother with it if it's not in the game? Don't think I've ever seen anyone else use anything but numbers so probably not huge demand for it :D

1 hour ago, the_postie said:

Is it just me or does it seem like there are few bugs this time compared to other beta versions?? I’m actually considering trying to start journeyman save tonight because it seems so good, but can always start again with full version if it becomes buggy........ so far definitely looks the best version yet

Miles said in a youtube the other day that this time the coding team were solving bugs as they went along rather than code the whole game and start looking at bugs as an afterthought. So I would expect far fewer bugs in the beta and a very satisfying launch of the full game in a couple of weeks.

Bit of feedback from the couple of hours I've played:

Positive:

• Never used to bother with training, now I love it and feels like a whole new world to me. so much to do and loving the training player ratings.
  • Feels like you have more of a hand in the developments of your players
  • Tactics is so impressive now, I mean it is such an improvement from previous and think a great job has been done here.
  • I only play on 2D but to see the ball curl on that is amazing. No more straight taking corners at last.
  • Press conference changes look really good. May be mostly same questions but presentation of it gives it the feel of a real press conference.
  • UI isn't as bad as first expecting.
  • Mentoring groups is a great idea.

Negative:

• Removal of 3rd division German league
  • On the scout report of a player, it feels like the information is a little bit squashed together, think it  may be better to go back to the format of general scout report then opening the full report for that detail.

As you can see mainly positive on the whole. Couple of little bug fixes require but know this is not the place for that. Think this really will be the best FM so far and a great foundation to develop from.

13 hours ago, Per Annum said:

"The" Testimonal. Great - but whose? If I click on the "Testimonial" hyperlink it takes me to the next global round of unrelated testimonials, not actually the match in question itself. Only by flicking along the dates do I find out whose it is. (

Clicking on my own schedule also shows it, but surely hyperlink / news item would be better. Obviously I presume there will be other better news items about the match, and this one about TV scheduling just fell through the gaps for insertion of the name.

22222.png

1 hour ago, Glenn Wakeford said:

Could you post this in the bugs forum and upload a save game showing the news item please? Thanks.

Does the televised fee go to the club or the players testimonial?

2 hours ago, ChelseaFan said:

Anyone else getting slight lag when in press conferences? (between replying and getting the next question)

and yes, I'll probably get my ass man to do it soon.

Yeah I'm getting lag in the press conferences and also any time I need to scroll up and down.

2 minutes ago, upthetoon said:

surprised there are no complains about the ME. means it should be really good and improved. 

maybe it's time for me to buy then...… 

Haven't played enough to give any conclusions yet, but so far it's looking good. Much more curved passes and shots as well.

7 minutes ago, DoubleDenimSuccess said:

Bit of a blonde moment but can anybody advise me on how to create a split screen view in match whilst on 2D? Can only get the full pitch. Sure i seen it as split screen in teaser videos etc.

Regards

Fairly sure if you click the information menu in the match, should be a wee square symbol next to "opposition instructions", you get an option between "floating" and "split" alongside all the boxes to tick for match stats/assistant feedback etc.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Really enjoying the new tactical options and the general feel of 3d and animations (curling balls finally made a return!). Regen faces look ugly but it's a 'good' ugly, I can live with them as long as there's more variation and diversity than FM18.

I'm ok with purple skin (might be a bit biased considering the team i support!) though I prefer traditional dark, unfortunately both skins have a lot of light/white screens (news in particular) that are a bit disturbing at least for someone choosing dark skin.