[FM19][SKIN] Football Manager 2019 Base Skins

michaeltmurrayuk

10 hours ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

What panel controls the text at the top when saving a game? I have changed the processing window to show primary colours of teams but the text that says the game is saving is white. I would like to change this to the teams secondary colour.

1764041756_Screenshot2018-12-09at11_34_46.thumb.png.c8449eecbbccbf25e0782fa2faf2fdf1.png

game processing panel.xml, line 56 if you're using Notepad++, if not find the following code, and edit the colour attribute

<!-- Title for loading game etc. -->
                <widget class="text" id="tiTl" colour="white" alignment="left,centre_y" style="semi_bold" size="14" hidden="true">
                    <translation id="text" translation_id="243215" type="use" value="Processing" />
                    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="20" />
                </widget>

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

game processing panel.xml, line 56 if you're using Notepad++, if not find the following code, and edit the colour attribute

<!-- Title for loading game etc. -->
                <widget class="text" id="tiTl" colour="white" alignment="left,centre_y" style="semi_bold" size="14" hidden="true">
                    <translation id="text" translation_id="243215" type="use" value="Processing" />
                    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="20" />
                </widget>

Thanks for that bluestillidie00. The issue was with the font being used as it had the colour white set in there. Changing the font and the section you posted fixed this issue for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right place, but I wonder if I can see the flags on the player's page instead of just a text of his nationality. 

I also have the In Game Editor and whenever I choose to edit, the flag pops up next to the nationality, so I'm guessing there has to be a way to have that option. It looks very dry at the moment and I can barely notice the nationalities of players as they're a simple text now. 

I've attached two images to show what I mean. 

Victor Musa_ Overview Attributes.png

Victor Musa_ Overview Attributes-2.png

Edited by Yuko

58 minutes ago, Yuko said:

Not sure if this is the right place, but I wonder if I can see the flags on the player's page instead of just a text of his nationality. 

I also have the In Game Editor and whenever I choose to edit, the flag pops up next to the nationality, so I'm guessing there has to be a way to have that option. It looks very dry at the moment and I can barely notice the nationalities of players as they're a simple text now. 

I've attached two images to show what I mean. 

-SNIP-

Download the base skin in OP, and then use the Resource Archiver to extract panels fmf.

You'll need player profile personal details.xml from the panels/player folder you just extracted, right click that and press edit. Then Ctrl+F and search for " <!-- Nationality --> " find the code just below and edit the bolded code to true.

<widget class="editable_client_object_property_panel" id="intc " auto_size="vertical">
                <record id="widget_info" class="nation_button" icon_enabled="false" auto_size="vertical" size="small" format="[%nation#1-nationality]" />
                <record id="widget_properties" auto_size="vertical" />
                <record id="object_property" dont_set_hint="true" get_property="PNat" />
            </widget>

fm_Yt6NhkYPSg.thumb.png.2ece5b1e094360d811c88c2da0a92075.png

Edited by bluestillidie00

On 21/10/2018 at 23:30, michaeltmurrayuk said:

fm19baseskins_3dropdown.png.718eaf7eb3d817aa32c6bfe60ee4a04c.png

Is there a way to make fonts more crisp? Even in this image, fonts are kind of sharp and blurry, hurt my eyes after some time...

I've downloaded the base skins and changed the fonts thanks to your instructions but even with many different fonts, it doesn't look smooth. I've also checked my graphics drivers and even created a profile for FM19 with FXAA setting on and off, nothing changed to be honest. 

18 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Download the base skin in OP, and then use the Resource Archiver to extract panels fmf.

Thanks a lot.

This seems extremely unnecessary for a minor cosmetic change that was the norm in the past. SI should have left it as default. 

edit- It's still rather confusing. I found and made the change, but where do I save this now? 

Edited by Yuko

23 minutes ago, Yuko said:

Thanks a lot.

This seems extremely unnecessary for a minor cosmetic change that was the norm in the past. SI should have left it as default. 

It's still rather confusing as I cannot find where to download the 'base skin' you're talking about. 

yeah it's a steep learning curve but you'll get the hang of it eventually.

Go to post #1 of this thread 

17 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

yeah it's a steep learning curve but you'll get the hang of it eventually.

Go to post #1 of this thread 

Ah, got it now.

Fixed everything, all good!

Thanks a lot. 

Edited by Yuko

I am using the TCS 19 skin and I am wanting to edit the match screen. I have attached a screenshot of the screen below. I would like to make the middle panel that shows the scores wider and the left and right panels that shows the player ratings narrower to allow the middle panel to be wider. Does anyone know which xml file controls these?

1936927598_Screenshot2019-01-09at20_30_19.thumb.png.e86e47d4b6a3503be9eb8e2d6a65c514.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now that 19.3 is out (and, apparently, tweaks were made to the official skin as per official patch notes), will you release an updated version of the base ones (or it isn't needed?) Thanks :)

Edited by Lucas78

2 hours ago, Lucas78 said:

Now that 19.3 is out (and, apparently, tweaks were made to the official skin as per official patch notes), will you release an updated version of the base ones (or it isn't needed?) Thanks :)

isn't needed. You will need to reextract the skinning files with the RA however

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Lucas78:

There it would be realy nice if SI would say what changed with the update 19.3 at the skin.

Hey,

I tried a few skins for this year's edition and so far I've settled for this one here, but I just have a quick question: how can I get the color-coded "Last 5 games" colum on Team Views or / and Player Panels ? I noticed some other skins display different colors for bad / average / good ratings and I'd like to use that feature with this skin aswell.

This is what I mean:

WvsmTAL.jpg

Do I need to add a panel / file from one of these other skins or edit a particular file ?

I've been searching this for the past hour (including going through different .xml files on one of the skins which offer this feature) without any success. Thanks in advance !

Edited by Jebedaias
Example img

18 hours ago, Jebedaias said:

Hey,

I tried a few skins for this year's edition and so far I've settled for this one here, but I just have a quick question: how can I get the color-coded "Last 5 games" colum on Team Views or / and Player Panels ? I noticed some other skins display different colors for bad / average / good ratings and I'd like to use that feature with this skin aswell.

This is what I mean:

WvsmTAL.jpg

Do I need to add a panel / file from one of these other skins or edit a particular file ?

I've been searching this for the past hour (including going through different .xml files on one of the skins which offer this feature) without any success. Thanks in advance !

In your settings folder and within your settings.xml (name may vary depending on skin but invariably settings is mentioned somewhere) 

Look for (or add if not present):

<!-- (additional) stats colours. used on scout, confidence bars -->
	<colour name="low stat" red="180" green="160" blue="255" />
	<colour name="medium stat" red="147" green="117" blue="255" />
	<colour name="good stat" red="120" green="79" blue="255" />
	<colour name="excellent stat" red="120" green="0" blue="255" />

That's mine (it's a purplely blue) change the colour values to your preference.

If you aren't familiar with rgb colour values, give it a quick google first so you can see how it works (2 minute job, not complicated). 

Clear cache, reload skin - some settings changes require a restart too so bear that in mind. 

P.S. no need to ask twice. 

@bluestillidie00,

is there thread to discuss about code or syntax we use to editing the skin ?

maybe.. someone can explan like "layout", "record id", "object id", and others...

so, some people like me who was to try make our skin.. get understand about the code or syntax in FM.

thank you. 

On 14/03/2019 at 05:34, phiebe said:

@bluestillidie00,

is there thread to discuss about code or syntax we use to editing the skin ?

maybe.. someone can explan like "layout", "record id", "object id", and others...

so, some people like me who was to try make our skin.. get understand about the code or syntax in FM.

thank you. 

Not that I'm aware of no, I'd make one but i simply don't have the time atm

I'm trying to edit the club transfers update news panel file, but to no avail. Any changes I make will not take effect. It is the correct file to edit the following screen. Can anyone tell me if such an edit is possible?

VwXvZXu.jpg

Please, disregard. I was getting the wrong file!
Edited by vamcj

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/10/2018 at 22:47, yonko said:

@michaeltmurrayuk

Thank you for making the default skins available as always. 

I need some help editing the default Dark one.

1) I have problem with buttons (embedded buttons?) on to top of some boxes that either seem too large or misaligned. I checked the graphics files as much I can several times and can't see anything wrong. This type of button seem too large compared to others as well for some reason.17.thumb.png.20fbdf8708386bc231955c21d088c596.png18.thumb.png.5f4cdd04f9ed5ff1e0f5f7ed9516cce9.png13.thumb.png.c096cf184994c6e8ddf91a674b295f91.png

2) I need help locating xml file to remove the pattern mask from this training box. I did it on the Player Overview screen but can't figure out the training one - which one is it?

98.thumb.png.17b431cbe926119b5412e02e5da3af5f.png

What skin is this? It's a thing of beauty.

Does anyone know which panel controls the captain selection in the inbox? I am wanting to put boxes around the attributes displayed here as I have boxes over attributes on every other player panel, this now looks inconsistent. I have attached a screenshot of the panel I mean below.

1883973209_Screenshot2019-04-07at15_17_20.thumb.png.b4a47795c96e94275438ecafae515a65.png 

21 hours ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

Does anyone know which panel controls the captain selection in the inbox? I am wanting to put boxes around the attributes displayed here as I have boxes over attributes on every other player panel, this now looks inconsistent. I have attached a screenshot of the panel I mean below.

1883973209_Screenshot2019-04-07at15_17_20.thumb.png.b4a47795c96e94275438ecafae515a65.png 

"panels/news_item_panels/captain selection panel.xml", I suppose.

11 minutes ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

I had a look at that panel but I can't seem to find where to put the code to put the boxes around the attributes 

Please change the lines 30 and 32 as follows.

<record id="Pinf" use_attribute_colour_as_bg="true" appearance="boxes/custom/attributes/paper"/>
<record id="Ptwr" use_attribute_colour_as_bg="true" appearance="boxes/custom/attributes/paper"/>

I may have a misunderstanding about your hope.

14 hours ago, QP said:

@michaeltmurrayuk

Hi Michael

Is there a way to add Clubs' country flags in this panel?

I assume that is Cup Overview Stage panel right?

cmrwIE.png

Hi.
I'm not Michael, but may I answer your question?

Club's country flags (& names) or devision logos (& names) are displayed,
If you delete the fifth line of "panels/competition/competition overview stage.xml".

<boolean id="overview_version" value="true" />  (Changing "true" to "false" has the same effect.)

But, I have no idea how this change affects other competitions.

And in this case, you probably need to change values on the line 11 of "panels/competition/cup overview stage.xml".
  e.g. <flags id="layout" value="26, -1, 17, 25, 25, 15, 25, 25, 17, -1, 26" />

I hope this might help you.

Got 2 quick questions which should hopefully be easy enough to answer for someone who's smarter than myself when it comes to skinning.

1) What XML's within the fonts folder of the base skin do I need to change for these 3 circled? I'm not a fan of bold fonts, want to replace with my own.  Edit - Sorted this one!

2) Does anyone know how to incorporate the stadium images behind these images within the news panel? In previous versions, I've managed to get the relevant stadium to show (e.g. The Emirates would show behind the news if it was reporting a win, Anfield behind a Liverpool news item etc...)

Any help would be massively appreciated. 

Edited by Ryan377

19 hours ago, Ryan377 said:

Got 2 quick questions which should hopefully be easy enough to answer for someone who's smarter than myself when it comes to skinning.

1) What XML's within the fonts folder of the base skin do I need to change for these 3 circled? I'm not a fan of bold fonts, want to replace with my own.  Edit - Sorted this one!

2) Does anyone know how to incorporate the stadium images behind these images within the news panel? In previous versions, I've managed to get the relevant stadium to show (e.g. The Emirates would show behind the news if it was reporting a win, Anfield behind a Liverpool news item etc...)

Any help would be massively appreciated. 

The xml file which handles images of the news is different between the 1st and 2nd rows (I mean the news of Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham & Shinji Okazaki's signing) and the 3rd row (the news of Leverkusen & Man City).

The latter is "panels/competition/competition news image panel.xml".

About the former, you need to find the xml which handles it from "panels/dynamic_images" folder.

For example,
  "panels/dynamic_images/match report.xml" controls the Chelsea's news.
  "panels/dynamic_images/face and logo 2.xml" controls the Shinji's news.

Please excuse me for my poor English.
Does that make sense?
Should I explain in more details?

On 10/04/2019 at 14:31, Vakzin_QPR said:

The xml file which handles images of the news is different between the 1st and 2nd rows (I mean the news of Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham & Shinji Okazaki's signing) and the 3rd row (the news of Leverkusen & Man City).

The latter is "panels/competition/competition news image panel.xml".

About the former, you need to find the xml which handles it from "panels/dynamic_images" folder.

For example,
  "panels/dynamic_images/match report.xml" controls the Chelsea's news.
  "panels/dynamic_images/face and logo 2.xml" controls the Shinji's news.

Please excuse me for my poor English.
Does that make sense?
Should I explain in more details?

Working perfectly! Thank you bro, appreciate your help. 

Edit - You wouldn't know if it's possible to incorporate a stadium image in here as well would you? and which panel I would need?

Edited by Ryan377

20 hours ago, Ryan377 said:

Working perfectly! Thank you bro, appreciate your help. 

Edit - You wouldn't know if it's possible to incorporate a stadium image in here as well would you? and which panel I would need?

Dynamic images should be common to INBOX and NEWS.
Therefore, it is also "panels/dynamic_images/match report.xml".

Please see or use attached xml files to display stadium pictures instead of some backgrounds.

P.S.
I have used "inner_box" for overlays.
If you have changed "graphics/boxes/inner/standard/paper" from the default skin, please change code.

face and logo 1.xml face and logo 2.xml face and logo 3.xml match report.xml transfer speculation.xml

Edited by Vakzin_QPR

On 12/04/2019 at 16:30, Vakzin_QPR said:

Dynamic images should be common to INBOX and NEWS.
Therefore, it is also "panels/dynamic_images/match report.xml".

Please see or use attached xml files to display stadium pictures instead of some backgrounds.

P.S.
I have used "inner_box" for overlays.
If you have changed "graphics/boxes/inner/standard/paper" from the default skin, please change code.

face and logo 1.xml 1.03 kB · 2 downloads face and logo 2.xml 1.03 kB · 2 downloads face and logo 3.xml 1.03 kB · 2 downloads match report.xml 2.22 kB · 3 downloads transfer speculation.xml 3.55 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you so much @Vakzin_QPR, they are working perfectly! 

Just an FYI for anyone that downloads them, they need to be titled as you have uploaded them. When I downloaded them they download as '12345670_faceandlogo1.xml' but changing the name of the file back to the title you uploaded it as (face and logo 1.xml) has them working great. Thanks again. 

cl.PNG

moreno.PNG

salah.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 04/12/2018 at 19:40, steveyisatard said:

Firstly unsuscribe from the YACS skin in the workshop, as this is known to cause this (If you are subscribed your skins folder will contain the file YACS.fmf).

The icons themselves are titled defeat.png, draw.png, win.png and can be found in SKIN\graphics\icons\16px along with their corresponding .xml files to effect image properties such as color replacement strings.

There are guides on extracting the default game files if you need them.

YOU LEGEND. MONTHS. MONTHS I've had this issue!

• 3 months later...