Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 38.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 15/11/2022 at 16:58, hrmantovani said:

Sadly I don't have the save from the second season anymore... I was just buying some players each window and simulating through the season, so I deactivated the auto save. These screenshots are from the third season, which is when I saved and stopped testing. We were poor in the PL but we got to the final 8 on CL after finishing 2nd (!!!) in that new format. Basically the top 3 contributed (G+A) a similar amount of goals

image.thumb.png.b10b5e3a2cfffc7f469c82aae256e085.png

image.png.ea4d9180d86a930d4467f6dc4d7c8f5d.png

image.png.10b0bcfdb910353eb1cb786aeca3d099.png

To consistently improve you need a plan for buying and growing wonderkids from the first season. They will only get better, and can be sold for tons of money to fund even better wonderkids. Players like Fred and De Beek should not be considered unless heavily discounted.

38 minutos atrás, longruoi1 disse:

To consistently improve you need a plan for buying and growing wonderkids from the first season. They will only get better, and can be sold for tons of money to fund even better wonderkids. Players like Fred and De Beek should not be considered unless heavily discounted.

I was just buying players and simulating through the season, this is not a serious save. Wonderkids might be better long-term but I needed players that could make an impact right away so I could test the tactic 

Edited by hrmantovani

17 minutes ago, hrmantovani said:

I was just buying players and simulating through the season, this is not a serious save. Wonderkids might be better long-term but I needed players that could make an impact right away so I could test the tactic 

It is fine, I just tried to explain why your results stalled in the third season.

15 minutes ago, knap said:

@grayer23 By dropping a BPD to cover, when you look at back 4 it forms a swoosh.

It has performed slightly better in a couple of tactics

Oh yeah I see it now LOL!!! I may try it on another couple of tactics to see how it works. Are you finding 451 better than 4231 on this years game? I'm having success with both so far but I just prefer a 4231 more. Thanks for all the hard work again this year so far!!

1 hour ago, djmc.smeets said:

ok thanks,  my team is expected to be 5th so a tactic for sub-top.  But your not there with testing, that's wy i asked.

Probably different now but on FM19 I used the Beowulf 4-2-4 (wingers) with Dulwich Hamlet and won every league consecutively on my way to the Premier League. Was a lot of fun. Think knaps tactics still effective at all levels 

42 minutes ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

Probably different now but on FM19 I used the Beowulf 4-2-4 (wingers) with Dulwich Hamlet and won every league consecutively on my way to the Premier League. Was a lot of fun. Think knaps tactics still effective at all levels 

i know the tactics of  knap are great, only not played a lot off LL.

On 13/11/2022 at 20:05, knap said:

@kopfan1977

Have you tried Attack, rather than VA which is not working as well in the ME

No mate, Not tried to tinker with mentality on it yet.. Been too busy tinkering with a formation I like the look of. Worked great in the Championship, Even managed to win FA Cup, League cup using it. But now in 2nd season in Prem and even after beating an almost full strength Man City (minus Ederson) in the community shield I am struggling with it.

This is what I've been trying to get going.. Sometimes the attacking play is sheer brilliance, other times utterly frustrating with the amount of shots I can take and not score.

tactichelp.jpg

10 minutes ago, knap said:

@kopfan1977

One of my fav formations going back to Kimz in FM08 with carrows

At times it's a joy to watch. Some of the passing and movement is beautiful. Then I start to wonder if my team had been abducted by aliens. Going from prime Barca with some of the passing, To watching them look like a sunday pub team.

I've stripped it right back to bare basics for now. If I can't get it going again I'll be going and checking the mentality out on the Kopfan edit from FM22 to see if that works

20 hours ago, knap said:

@grayer23 By dropping a BPD to cover, when you look at back 4 it forms a swoosh.

It has performed slightly better in a couple of tactics

Do the two BPD's have different PI's or is the only difference the role (cover v defend)?

@knap can I ask how you test tactics? I have a good pc and like trying to build tactics, not very well, but am trying to learn from bits and pieces I pick up - mainly from you. But when running tests I notice all my players need a rest and cant help but feel this makes testing........ inconsistent? No worries if you'd rather not disclose this, thanks for all the tactics and your help .

@keithbeaky

Not found that to be an issue and prefer to keep tests close to a real save.

You can use fmrte and freeze conditions which is good for comparing tactics, but can produce unrealistic results, and should not be compared to real save results

10 minutes ago, knap said:

@keithbeaky

Not found that to be an issue and prefer to keep tests close to a real save.

You can use fmrte and freeze conditions which is good for comparing tactics, but can produce unrealistic results, and should not be compared to real save results

Ok thanks. I am just holidaying with training and rest set at the start of the season. Just want to run some tests with Bournemouth and see how each tactic performs.

On 05/11/2022 at 15:55, longruoi1 said:

From my own experience, if they have IF prefer moves such as Cut Inside, Get in the area, they will play better on the otherside, while still set as winger. Even more true if they are natural on that side, like the case of Son on left wing. If you change to IF it will affect the whole team, not worth it.

Also I believe you will get better results if you have a quicker CM than Neves.

Hi @longruoi1 i tried you suggesting of getting my wingers to train preferred moves of cut inside and get in opposition area and it worked amazing. Do you have any suggestions of the best preferred moves for other positions? Thanks in advance

On 06/11/2022 at 22:19, knap said:

ME 23.0 BETA

HGF 451 BRENT P83 MC P103 EC FA

ME23.0HGFKnap451PBRENTP83MCP103ECFA.fmf 46.7 kB · 990 downloads

1876756871_Screenshot(2132).thumb.png.d28aa3de982fdec625ba3dbe88815b1c.png

I know this one was from a while back, but I've just finished a full managed season with it and it's been perfect. Only slight problem was Jesus underperforming for goals but looks like that's fairly realistic irl.

Won the League, CL and LC with Arsenal. Only had a single non-penalty loss across the entire season.  Cheers @knap
373919196_ArsenalFM2023Season(1).thumb.png.144b61a40d7858303b45541863516d81.png

Edited by HighTempo

4 hours ago, knap said:

@keithbeaky

If interested in just testing, you could HUB Test for the Discord. We have the 48 game test ready but are now increasing to 96 games. Good thing about HUB Test is it is very fast.

Yes I can help with this if you like? I work from home and have a latop that can run a holiday season pretty quick, so would imagine HUB be even faster