FM19 England down to Level 11 *Released*

15 hours ago, keon said:

Hi,

Thank you for this work.

I have one issue though. It seems that in the FA Cup, only 17 Premiership teams enter into the 3rd round draw and 3 teams miss out (the last 3 teams alphabetically), is anyone else seeing this issue or is it just me? It's happened on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd season so far.

Thanks,

Keon

I also get this issue. Never noticed during game play, but looking at the completed seasons it appears 3 teams from the Premier did not enter the FA Cup too.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My save have 19 clubs from Premier League (Wolverhampton was only club who did not entered) in FA cup 22/23 so looks like i have to start new save. I had this error also in my Finland file but i somehow fixed it.

Edited by jlammi

6 hours ago, jlammi said:

My save have 19 clubs from Premier League (Wolverhampton was only club who did not entered) in FA cup 22/23 so looks like i have to start new save. I had this error also in my Finland file but i somehow fixed it.

I'm not starting my save again, I am in my 4th season now and really don't want to be starting again.

What I am thinking of trying is removing leagues at levels 9, 10 & 11 from my save, before the start of a new season. This may potentially fix the issue, (if the issue is caused because of too many teams from these levels being entered into the FA Cup, therefore making the 3 Premier League teams miss out).

If the issue is due to something else, which can only be fixed in the editor, then I am just going to have to accept the 3 Premier League teams missing out on FA Cup. It won't affect my save massively anyway.

Messi, if I am currently at level 7 of the football pyramid, and remove all leagues at levels 8-11, would it affect anything that you have set up in the advanced editor? Like the FA Cup or how the promotions work?

3 hours ago, Big D Man said:

I'm not starting my save again, I am in my 4th season now and really don't want to be starting again.

What I am thinking of trying is removing leagues at levels 9, 10 & 11 from my save, before the start of a new season. This may potentially fix the issue, (if the issue is caused because of too many teams from these levels being entered into the FA Cup, therefore making the 3 Premier League teams miss out).

If the issue is due to something else, which can only be fixed in the editor, then I am just going to have to accept the 3 Premier League teams missing out on FA Cup. It won't affect my save massively anyway.

Messi, if I am currently at level 7 of the football pyramid, and remove all leagues at levels 8-11, would it affect anything that you have set up in the advanced editor? Like the FA Cup or how the promotions work?

I dont think it would no, you would just lose the competitions at them levels.

I will have a look into this to see if can fix the problem.

I have just changed something with the FA Cup, just testing now.

There is also a setting under th FA Cup rules, apply rules to old saves which i have ticked but not sure how you would go about doing this, maybe you would have to replace the editor file with the new one.

I will upload the new file if the problem is fixed.

Edited by lionel messi

51 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

1st post updated with fixed FA Cup.

What was wrong with it Messi? And would my proposed solution fix the issue, or is it something else?

If it is something else, is there anything I could do in game or with the in-game editor to fix it?

i think i had too many teams entering from Level 10, i took 3 out and now seems fine as all premiership teams enter in the 3rd round.

im not sure just taking the levels out will fix it as it will still get the extra teams from Level 10.

Read the post from a few posts up where you could try replacing the editor file with the new one, the file name is still the same so it might do it automatically i just dont know.

Going to start a new game with either a level 7 or 8 team, should i be clicking add players to teams at the start or not? Never managed this low before so apologise if its a stupid question.

1 hour ago, lionel messi said:

i think i had too many teams entering from Level 10, i took 3 out and now seems fine as all premiership teams enter in the 3rd round.

im not sure just taking the levels out will fix it as it will still get the extra teams from Level 10.

Read the post from a few posts up where you could try replacing the editor file with the new one, the file name is still the same so it might do it automatically i just dont know.

I will firstly try it by removing the extra levels. Because if these levels are removed then how could it still get the teams from Level 10? Wouldn't they be removed from the game altogether?

Should this not work, I will do what you suggested about replacing the editor file. Can you tell me exactly what I would do though. Would I copy my existing editor file (as I made some of my own changes to your database before starting the save), and then tick the box you were referring to. Then save the file and try loading my saved game as normal?

I don't think I would be able to just download your updated version and replace my editor file with it. Because as previously said, I made some additional changes to the database after I download it.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, fraz86 said:

Going to start a new game with either a level 7 or 8 team, should i be clicking add players to teams at the start or not? Never managed this low before so apologise if its a stupid question.

I would click add players to teams, also add key staff.

1 hour ago, Big D Man said:

I will firstly try it by removing the extra levels. Because if these levels are removed then how could it still get the teams from Level 10? Wouldn't they be removed from the game altogether?

No they won't

The teams will still be there and although you remove the leagues as a front end display, they would still be there in the background and as such would still be picked out as teams to enter the FA Cup. 

You will most likely either have to start a new game or accept this fault. 

1 hour ago, Big D Man said:

Should this not work, I will do what you suggested about replacing the editor file. Can you tell me exactly what I would do though. Would I copy my existing editor file (as I made some of my own changes to your database before starting the save), and then tick the box you were referring to. Then save the file and try loading my saved game as normal?

I don't think I would be able to just download your updated version and replace my editor file with it. Because as previously said, I made some additional changes to the database after I download it.

Cheers.

I dont think by just removing the levels it will fix it because the FA Cup will still start from the preliminary rounds and still get the extra teams. (You could try as i could be wrong)

Yes i dont know if it will work if you have made your own changes or not, i can show you the changes i have made to the FA Cup so you can do it on your own editor file if you want.

3 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I dont think by just removing the levels it will fix it because the FA Cup will still start from the preliminary rounds and still get the extra teams. (You could try as i could be wrong)

Yes i dont know if it will work if you have made your own changes or not, i can show you the changes i have made to the FA Cup so you can do it on your own editor file if you want.

Thanks Messi. Yeah if you don't mind telling me the changes you made then I will try and modify them on my file and see what happens. I was looking for the FA Cup rules "apply to existing saves" you mentioned, but I couldn't find it.

Worst case scenario, I just continue playing with 3 Premier League teams missing.

2 hours ago, Big D Man said:

Thanks Messi. Yeah if you don't mind telling me the changes you made then I will try and modify them on my file and see what happens. I was looking for the FA Cup rules "apply to existing saves" you mentioned, but I couldn't find it.

Worst case scenario, I just continue playing with 3 Premier League teams missing.

1st thing you need to do is load the editor file and go to the FA CUP tab on the left hand side, click on apply rules to old saves like i have here.Capture.thumb.JPG.e68d98697b19d9bc8707a568c19ea476.JPG

Edited by lionel messi

3 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

1st thing you need to do is load the editor file and go to the FA CUP tab on the left hand side, click on apply rules to exsisting saves like i have here.Capture.thumb.JPG.e68d98697b19d9bc8707a568c19ea476.JPG

Now open up the FA Cup and go under the teams tab

open up the one at the top which get random teams from division Level 10 teams, change it from 75 teams to 72 teams.

save the file and verify all the levels and your done.

Capture.thumb.JPG.091ee82d81b253a777925ab019acf4a2.JPG

27 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Now open up the FA Cup and go under the teams tab

open up the one at the top which get random teams from division Level 10 teams, change it from 75 teams to 72 teams.

save the file and verify all the levels and your done.

Capture.thumb.JPG.091ee82d81b253a777925ab019acf4a2.JPG

Thanks mate. I have done this and will let you know if anything changed as soon as it get to that part of the season. Or it might not take effect until next season (currently in mid-August).

47 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

Thanks mate. I have done this and will let you know if anything changed as soon as it get to that part of the season. Or it might not take effect until next season (currently in mid-August).

yes i think you might have to wait till next season as the competition has already started this season.

Thanks for fixing Messi... Sorry just one question kind of on topic, can you make changes to a competition in the editor and it's possible that it will apply to a saved game so you don't have to start a new game?

3 minutes ago, keon said:

Thanks for fixing Messi... Sorry just one question kind of on topic, can you make changes to a competition in the editor and it's possible that it will apply to a saved game so you don't have to start a new game?

I dont think it is possible unless you do what i did with the FA Cup and apply to old saves, even then i dont know if it will work or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to pop by and give a big shout out to @lionel messi for the hard work on this file, I've only got it loaded up down as far as level 8 and am managing at Level 7 but its just great to have all of the structure there.

I've got my own policy of only signing players within an hours drive of my club/born in the area and this file helps with that immensely

Top work :applause:

8 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Just wanted to pop by and give a big shout out to @lionel messi for the hard work on this file, I've only got it loaded up down as far as level 8 and am managing at Level 7 but its just great to have all of the structure there.

I've got my own policy of only signing players within an hours drive of my club/born in the area and this file helps with that immensely

Top work :applause:

cheerrs

Never done anything like this before but am tempted to maybe have a go with AFC Liverpool in level 9/10 I think. 

Just a few questions does it add random players staff etc ? Also any tips for starting this low in terms of other leagues to load what options to tick at start etc ? Thanks 

Edited by lfc7

On 19/05/2019 at 00:02, lfc7 said:

Never done anything like this before but am tempted to maybe have a go with AFC Liverpool in level 9/10 I think. 

Just a few questions does it add random players staff etc ? Also any tips for starting this low in terms of other leagues to load what options to tick at start etc ? Thanks 

There is a tick-box option when you are setting the save up, which allows "key staff" to be added. However, even with this ticked, you only usually get very minimal staff members at the club.

However, at such a low level, you can pick staff up for free on amateur contracts. So it won't be too difficult to get the basics of an assistant manager, 1-2 coaches, a physio and a scout.

In terms of what leagues to load, I loaded England down to level 11, Scotland down to League 2, and then the premier divisions only for Spain, Germany, France, Italy and both Irelands. These were all set to "playable" not "view only".

I've downloaded this database, hoping to play in step 11. After copying and pasting the fmf file into Editor data, I can see the database is recognised when i click new game, however after hitting advanced setup, the only leagues shown to me are as far down as Vanarama North/South. 

How do i fix this to play level 11?

8 hours ago, ibeefajord said:

I've downloaded this database, hoping to play in step 11. After copying and pasting the fmf file into Editor data, I can see the database is recognised when i click new game, however after hitting advanced setup, the only leagues shown to me are as far down as Vanarama North/South. 

How do i fix this to play level 11?

click on the leagues tab and select how far down you want to go down to.

41 minutes ago, ibeefajord said:

There is no drop down option to go further than Vanarama N/S

You'll have to forgive me for asking this, but you are using the steam version of the game and not a pirated copy??

If not the steam version, then I believe pirated versions are a bit funny...and plus you shouldn't use them anyway

Oh and you are not playing FM touch either

2 hours ago, lionel messi said:

click on the leagues tab and select how far down you want to go down to.

Just been promoted to the Vanarama North in my save. Got a week off next week so will be spending a lot of time on the game during my time off.

Update regarding the editor changes I made to the FA Cup and the 3 teams in the Premier League not being promoted - it didn't work. I will go back into the editor and try it again for next season - but I am not expecting it to work.

It doesn't affect my save anyway. It just means teams such as West Brom, West Ham, Wolves etc. won't be in the FA Cup. Whichever 3 teams are the last alphabetically in the Premier League in any given season. All the major teams will still be in the FA Cup as luckily they start with letters which are much lower in the alphabet.

On 21/05/2019 at 14:03, Pompeyboyz said:

You'll have to forgive me for asking this, but you are using the steam version of the game and not a pirated copy??

If not the steam version, then I believe pirated versions are a bit funny...and plus you shouldn't use them anyway

Oh and you are not playing FM touch either

Eventually got setup, was strange, had to manually add the every single league across all counties for every single step, bare clicking. 

Gone with FC United of Newcastle in the Northern Alliance Premier(step 11)

started of with 15 season ticket holders...

3 back to back promotions and season tickets have “soared” to 36...

do I just keep getting promoted till the chairman goes broke and sells up?

finances are expected to be hammered this season, not enough fans coming through the turnstiles despite 3 league titles and 1 cup in 3 seasons. Cost of playing step 8 footy is gonna kill us off

Edited by ibeefajord

I’m now hitting freeze screen 1 day before my play off final fml.

cant seem to progress past the 5th may, tried holidaying through with no joy, got the latest drivers.

anyone take my save on and holiday till the final for me pls and save n send it back ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/05/2019 at 01:38, ibeefajord said:

Eventually got setup, was strange, had to manually add the every single league across all counties for every single step, bare clicking. 

Gone with FC United of Newcastle in the Northern Alliance Premier(step 11)

started of with 15 season ticket holders...

3 back to back promotions and season tickets have “soared” to 36...

do I just keep getting promoted till the chairman goes broke and sells up?

finances are expected to be hammered this season, not enough fans coming through the turnstiles despite 3 league titles and 1 cup in 3 seasons. Cost of playing step 8 footy is gonna kill us off

Sounds like an interesting save. How are you getting on at the moment?

On 31/05/2019 at 05:42, ibeefajord said:

I’m now hitting freeze screen 1 day before my play off final fml.

cant seem to progress past the 5th may, tried holidaying through with no joy, got the latest drivers.

anyone take my save on and holiday till the final for me pls and save n send it back ?

Do you still need help with this?

• 1 month later...
On 14/07/2019 at 04:06, endlessthunder said:

Hey messi, so if my team eventually is promoted to preimer league, how long does it take for my reserve team to get invited to he reserves league? or, will it be possible for them to get in a regular lower league?

Im not sure how that works.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

Great work on this. Starting my save with Lewes in Tier 7.  Any plans to add a youth system at this level in future?

I notice that the following leagues have no logo. I think they are all Evo stick sponsored as well. I would copy the logo across but not sure what the competition image number is. Can you advise what folder I find the logos in and what codes to add to get logos appear these leagues?

Southern League Premier Central Division

Southern League Premier South Division

Northern Premier League Division 1 East

Northern Premier League Division 1 West

Thanks loads

Edited by Davoethnik

On 16/08/2019 at 16:41, Davoethnik said:

Hi there,

Great work on this. Starting my save with Lewes in Tier 7.  Any plans to add a youth system at this level in future?

I notice that the following leagues have no logo. I think they are all Evo stick sponsored as well. I would copy the logo across but not sure what the competition image number is. Can you advise what folder I find the logos in and what codes to add to get logos appear these leagues?

Southern League Premier Central Division

Southern League Premier South Division

Northern Premier League Division 1 East

Northern Premier League Division 1 West

Thanks loads

I have not added any logos, you will have to download logos if you want them.

I know you didnt, I just told you that :)

I dont have the editor, so my question was what league logo code/number do those leagues use so I can put them in the graphics>logos>competitions   folders so they apear in the game?

The image will have a number correspnding to a league. For instance 11 is premiere league logo. 
If you have the editor I just thought you might have that info.

Best

22 hours ago, Davoethnik said:

I know you didnt, I just told you that :)

I dont have the editor, so my question was what league logo code/number do those leagues use so I can put them in the graphics>logos>competitions   folders so they apear in the game?

The image will have a number correspnding to a league. For instance 11 is premiere league logo. 
If you have the editor I just thought you might have that info.

Best

Isn’t there an option in the game to show the unique ID of each player/competition/team?

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/08/2019 at 02:53, Bigpole said:

In interface preferences afaik

Thanks, I found the option 'show screen ID's in title bar to assist skinning' under more interface settings.

I've created png normal and small logos for the new sponsors 'betvictor' for the Isthman, Northern and Southern leagues (Tier 7 and 8) . It's a bit of a faff getting all the codes right but some of us just like perfection :)

Btw, I've noticed that where there isn't a current holder (perhaps due to the league structure changing or it not being input in the editor??) the logo doesn't show. Maybe next year..

bv northern premier (s).png

bv northern premier.png

bv southern league.png

bv southern league (s).png

bv isthman league premier.png

bv isthman league premier (s).png

22 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

@lionel messi @Dan BHTFC

looks like it will be a challenge to create for FM20

Promotion-Relegation-2018-19.thumb.jpg.da9840679e74d5021cec94dc78c93d20.jpg

From 2020-21 though the restructure will make it an awful lot easier, here is the article 

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/features/26633/fa-second-phase-non-league-restructuring/

It shouldnt be that difficult to do.

On 04/09/2019 at 22:15, Brother Ben said:

@lionel messi @Dan BHTFC

looks like it will be a challenge to create for FM20

Promotion-Relegation-2018-19.thumb.jpg.da9840679e74d5021cec94dc78c93d20.jpg

From 2020-21 though the restructure will make it an awful lot easier, here is the article 

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/features/26633/fa-second-phase-non-league-restructuring/

I also just noticed that the Isthian Legue Cup, or Alan Turvey Trohy, has a group format and not knockout format until later. My save doesn't have this but maybe I'm not playing with enough tiers?

https://uk.soccerway.com/national/england/isthmian-league-cup/20192020/group-stage/r55272/

Loving my season with Lewes so far btw. In the first round of the FA Cup, sitting in promotion. Gotta love lower league footy :)

Best