[FM19] Canadian Megapatch 2019

After being unable to fix the steam workshop issue, I have uploaded the Canadian Megapatch for FM19 to http://yellowsweatygorilla.com/2019/02/28/canadian-megapatch-2019/

The Canadian Megapatch adds the Canadian pyramid to Football Manager 19, with the forthcoming Canadian Premier League, an expanded Voyageurs Cup, League 1 Ontario, and Première Ligue de soccer du Québec. Over 1000 players, coaches, referees, and journalists have been added! This is in addition to 3d kits and logos!

If you want a more expansive CONCACAF region, with dynamic reputation (ie. Canadian Premier League will grow or fall in relation to other leagues in the continent), I recommend downloading and using these files that make this mod compatible with Uncle Sam’s North American files. (Remember NOT to activate my continental file if you use this one): http://www.yellowsweatygorilla.com/cpl/FM19-unclesam.zip

11 May 2019 Changes (3.0)
-Head-to-head match-ups between FCE, Valour, and Forge now determine CL qualifications (credit to modelcitizen)
-Faces for each CanPL player and staff added (credit to workthespace, stevieg42)
-Stadium photos (credit to workthespace)
-AMSL with Cavalry and Edmonton U21 now playable
-Added PCSL, MMSL, L1O Reserves, NSSL
-Roster updates
-Staff updates (including L1O/PLSQ)
-Hundreds of minor tweaks to improve long-term play-throughs

27 April 2019 Changes (2.6)
-Added all USports teams and staff
-USports draftees on student contracts are now set as on loan from USport team
-Added One Soccer journalists
-Roster Updates

19 April 2019 Changes (2.5c)
-Fixed bug where the CCL was not selecting the correct Canadian Championship winner for qualification
-The best spring record between Edmonton, Forge, and Valour in year 1 now qualifies for the CL (unfortunately, I haven’t figured out a way to only take into account head-to-head record)

18 April 2019 Changes (2.5b)
-Fixed bug that sent first week results to the Autumn Season
-Roster update

13 April 2019 Changes (2.5)
-Season now split into 10/18 games (adapted from Unclesam’s mod)
-Roster updates
-Coaching updates
-Changed kits so that away kits feature more for certain teams
-Adjusted youth coaching/recruitment ratings for CanPL teams
-Lowered CanPL reputation to just below Mexican second division

8 April 2019 Minor Changes (2.4b)
-Removed duplicate player/added journalist/roster update

7 April 2019 Changes (2.4)
-Added 3d kits for all CanPL teams
-Added 2d kits for all CanPL teams (courtesy of ‘themodelcitizen’)
-Season now starts in 2019 <assuming you select CanPL as starting date>
-Updated rosters and kit numbers
-Added journalists

This latest version includes all CPL signings, Voyageur Cup format change, Durham United in L1O + more

As with previous installments, the Canadian Megapatch adds the Canadian pyramid to Football Manager 19, with the forthcoming Canadian Premier League, an expanded Voyageurs Cup, League 1 Ontario, and Première Ligue de soccer du Québec. 

Other features:
-Players currently on trial at Cavalry FC, FC Edmonton, and HFX Wanderers are signed to non-contract deals at their respective teams - as per 'prospect' friendly rosters
-Full rosters for all Canadian PDL, L1O, PLSQ teams - for a total of over 600 new players!
-Staff for CanPL, L1O, PLSQ teams
-Canadian referees
-Canadian media sources and prominent soccer journalists
-Over 100 Canadian university coaches and physios to increase available staff
-Added missing L1O, PLSQ, PCSL stadia
-CanPL and Voyageur Cup winners qualify for CONCACAF Champions League

-Concacaf Champion's League approximates the real set-up, but I had to simplify things after having trouble getting the Caribbean Cup and "CONCACAF League" (not to be confused with CCL) to work. Instead, top Caribbean teams and two of the lower ranked Central American teams will play in the first round before the bigger nations enter. It also unfortunately, messes up Mexican CCL qualifications. As a stop-gap, only the champions and runners-up of the Closing Tournament qualify, with the other two being randomly drawn.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

D3k4a9QWkAkkQRi.jpg

D3k6BIiX4AMea62.png

Edited by yellowsweatygorilla

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, traitormatt said:

Is there a link to download or is it still in progress? Looks lovely though! I am excited to eventually get in there.

Woopz, forgot to include the link lol -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1563648254

I also have it hosted separately for those without steam -> https://drive.google.com/open?id=17ophimMDqmWoA_qXvXp-xmfhUa4IRxId (includes logos)

56 minutes ago, cel1234 said:

Can you show me Edmontons squad plz ??

Will post when I get back home, but it's basically their academy players (and more prominent ones like former Foothill players, Edwini-Bonsu, Dylan Powley) that featured in the friendliest against Cavalry.

GK Dylon Powley – FC Gute (Sweden)
GK Will Sykes – Lincoln FC (Gibraltar)
D Jackson Farmer – Calgary Foothills FC (PDL)
D Andre Bona – CS Longueuil (PLSQ)
D Kevin Bandundi – CS Mont-Royal Outremont (PLSQ)
D Patrick Nsamzimfura – CS Mont-Royal Outremont (PLSQ)
D Marcus Lees – Sigma FC (League1 Ontario)
D Isiah Tekie – FC Edmonton Academy
D Luke Withers – FC Edmonton Academy
D Carson Janzen – FC Edmonton Academy
D Zsombor Sarok – FC Edmonton Academy
M Allan Zebie – FC Edmonton
M Ajay Khabra – University of Alberta/Green and Gold (USports/AMSL)
M Bruno Zebie – Calgary Foothills FC (PDL)
M Edem Mortotsi – Green and Gold (AMSL)
F Randy Edwini-Bonsu – FC 08 Homburg (Germany)
F Amer Halilic – NK Vitez/Korona Kielce (Bosnia/Poland)
F Marcus Velado-Tsegaye – FC Edmonton Academy
F Prince Amanda – FC Edmonton Academy
F Ousman Maheshe – FC Edmonton Academy

8 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Will post when I get back home, but it's basically their academy players (and more prominent ones like former Foothill players, Edwini-Bonsu, Dylan Powley) that featured in the friendliest against Cavalry.

GK Dylon Powley – FC Gute (Sweden)
GK Will Sykes – Lincoln FC (Gibraltar)
D Jackson Farmer – Calgary Foothills FC (PDL)
D Andre Bona – CS Longueuil (PLSQ)
D Kevin Bandundi – CS Mont-Royal Outremont (PLSQ)
D Patrick Nsamzimfura – CS Mont-Royal Outremont (PLSQ)
D Marcus Lees – Sigma FC (League1 Ontario)
D Isiah Tekie – FC Edmonton Academy
D Luke Withers – FC Edmonton Academy
D Carson Janzen – FC Edmonton Academy
D Zsombor Sarok – FC Edmonton Academy
M Allan Zebie – FC Edmonton
M Ajay Khabra – University of Alberta/Green and Gold (USports/AMSL)
M Bruno Zebie – Calgary Foothills FC (PDL)
M Edem Mortotsi – Green and Gold (AMSL)
F Randy Edwini-Bonsu – FC 08 Homburg (Germany)
F Amer Halilic – NK Vitez/Korona Kielce (Bosnia/Poland)
F Marcus Velado-Tsegaye – FC Edmonton Academy
F Prince Amanda – FC Edmonton Academy
F Ousman Maheshe – FC Edmonton Academy

Excellent Will Sykes is in. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2018 at 22:28, Fmfan00 said:

My question is is there a way for example Kyle bekker former TFC player signed with my hometown soon as I start up the fire will teams start to go after them or is the rep good enough that we don’t lose our best players right away

I've been updating this almost daily. Kyle Bekker was added the day after the announcement.

1 minute ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

There are new signings every week. For example, today, Valour just signed Stephen Hoyle from New Zealand and a few days ago, York signed Justin Springer, St, Kitts CB who plays in League 1 Ontario.

Great thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 23/12/2018 at 18:41, Fmfan00 said:

how do you have the CPL just having youth players coming from youth intake day no U-Sports draft or anything?

Limitations to the editor unfortunately, I can't add a USports draft, and having youth intake is better than nothing. Besides, the CPL aims to have academies, Usports draft isn't meant to be the only way to acquire youth players irl

7 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Limitations to the editor unfortunately, I can't add a USports draft, and having youth intake is better than nothing. Besides, the CPL aims to have academies, Usports draft isn't meant to be the only way to acquire youth players irl

FWIW, It's theoretically possible to add a U Sports draft using the advanced rules editor (the unique way that it works IRL is probably not doable) but if you're using the basic rules then yeah it's impossible.

Any plans to add the U Sports leagues or teams themselves or is that below the level you want to implement?

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Alanfofalan said:

Can you create the Mexican lower leagues database, please?

Honestly, I want to know the reason why you ask for MEXICAN database in CANADIAN topic.

Yellow question... does ur CPl have like a reserve team or u18? If not how do we add one of them? Also is it good to have other leagues that play the same time as Canada so that u can loan them or just go with a small amount of countries.. I’m known for playing with this like 20-35 countries

4 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

Yellow question... does ur CPl have like a reserve team or u18? If not how do we add one of them? Also is it good to have other leagues that play the same time as Canada so that u can loan them or just go with a small amount of countries.. I’m known for playing with this like 20-35 countries

After popular demand, i did add a reserve team, though no u18. 

You could always loan players to lower division Canada - League1 Ontario and PLSQ. I think i've seen AI doing that.

In celebration of yesterday’s release of the Canadian Premier League (CPL) schedule and format, I have updated the Canadian Megapatch to match these details (or as close as possible based on limitations of the game). Download file here for those with winter update -> https://goo.gl/9hoMkn

For those without -> http://www.yellowsweatygorilla.com/cpl/FM19-cdnmegapatch2.zip

Changes:
-Canadian Premier League will have a split Spring/Fall season, with 12 games each half
-Championship game between Spring and Fall winners (if it’s the same team, the 2nd best team from the overall table will be drawn)
-All Canadian Premier League rosters are up to date as of 28 Feb 2019
-Updated club finances to reflect media deal announced

-Canadian Championship format updated to reflect announced 2019 format (after the first year, the three later stage CPL teams will be allocated to: CPL champion, CPL runner-up, best team based on overall standings)

-New clubs added to L1O: Durham United
-New clubs added to PLSQ: CS Monteul

-CONCACAF Champions League will closely reflect to announced 2020 format with the following exceptions: Panama, Honduras, Costa Rica will each have one team automatically qualify;  three instead of six teams will qualify from CONCACAF League
-CONCACAF League: CanPL will qualify to the preliminary stage; an addition of a 3rd place playoff game to determine final qualification to CCL

1727851990_ScreenShot2019-02-28at2_44_21PM.thumb.png.ece942370457117ff72907ceb7723306.png251853321_ScreenShot2019-02-28at2_30_19PM.thumb.png.7204cd6a361331006c986408da388989.png323349416_ScreenShot2019-02-28at2_28_58PM.thumb.png.c2f2f1e3eaa8c55bcf28e6078410f507.png643350851_ScreenShot2019-02-28at2_13_26PM.thumb.png.b95c3e964d6cbb038f2c352098e09cea.png245096095_ScreenShot2019-02-28at2_12_58PM.thumb.png.d07be05e1ef15094ff3bfa05ae03f625.pngD0G85T6WsAICoOJ.thumb.jpg.db0b6a66c9a44b832da08951a30e72ce.jpgD0G8Tr_X0AUD3q0.thumb.jpg.64f6cf1661a5843119c08c5b6fe022a4.jpg

Edited by yellowsweatygorilla

Assuming you've evened out the half-seasons as an idea of what the league will eventually look like... In that case you can always use hidden stages to add an extra 2 games and go to 14 each. 

You could also have a different version for the first year, with the first few games between the 3 eligible teams also counting in a separate little comp for CONCACAF League qualifying. Lot of work for only one year though 

17 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

After popular demand, i did add a reserve team, though no u18. 

You could always loan players to lower division Canada - League1 Ontario and PLSQ. I think i've seen AI doing that.

Thanks I can always have my u18 players go with my reserve squad and develop as well... did u put a limit on age or how many players can be in the reserve squad?

5 hours ago, offthepost said:

Thanks man I love this and appreciate it.  Can't wait for the league to start. Aren't the two halves uneven in terms of games played though?

Yep.

3 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Assuming you've evened out the half-seasons as an idea of what the league will eventually look like... In that case you can always use hidden stages to add an extra 2 games and go to 14 each. 

You could also have a different version for the first year, with the first few games between the 3 eligible teams also counting in a separate little comp for CONCACAF League qualifying. Lot of work for only one year though 

Thanks for the tip! I actually originally had it as 12 and 18 .... it just wasn't great for gameplay reasons. It also introduced a lot of fixture congestion, where teams were sometimes playing on Saturday, then Monday, then Wednesday.

Ultimately, it is apparent that a lot of the scheduling issues with the league this year is due to Ottawa Fury not joining. I assume they must've made some commitments to sponsors or something - since 28 games would've been perfect for 8 teams. Thus, I figured 12/12 better reflects how the league should be. That said, I'll keep experimenting to see if I can make it more consistent. I also wish there wasn't a championship game if the same team won both parts of the season - it was a lot of fun when I was playing the version of this file without that rule. Nevertheless, I just had to put that rule in, seeing as it seems like a big part of the actual format.

Re: CONCACAF league qualification ... also might experiment, but admittedly not a big priority :p. Going to settle down and actually play the game (I haven't gone through a single season yet! used the editor more than the game). Next project might be to add the University System and implement a draft like they did this year.

55 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

Thanks I can always have my u18 players go with my reserve squad and develop as well... did u put a limit on age or how many players can be in the reserve squad?

There are no rules with the reserves, and given I added a max squad = 25 (I think the actual murmurs is that the squads might be limited to 22 but I won't change it until we get confirmation), it's likely that your reserve team will be mostly youth either way. Keep in mind, those on youth contracts (u18) are exempt from squad registration/size.

On 02/03/2019 at 16:06, yellowsweatygorilla said:

The Winter Update ended up creating some of the players signed on CanPL rosters, so it ended up duplicating.

Question... So with 23 players max on roster can we still have players signed but not registered but playing for our reserve or do i have to increase the roster amount? Because I want to add U18 league and such and want to know what i need to change

I went and changed reserves to U18 so just went to basic rules and changed reserves to U18 and i got this error when i went to go save it

wUBrVRs.jpg

Edited by Fmfan00