[FM19] Canadian Megapatch 2019

1 hour ago, Fmfan00 said:

Question... So with 23 players max on roster can we still have players signed but not registered but playing for our reserve or do i have to increase the roster amount? Because I want to add U18 league and such and want to know what i need to change

I went and changed reserves to U18 so just went to basic rules and changed reserves to U18 and i got this error when i went to go save it

wUBrVRs.jpg

I am not really sure what that error is. But is there a reason why you want a u18 instead of a reserve? Is it to ensure that your youth players only play against youth players?

Based on something I heard from a league official, I have set it so that players on youth contracts are allowed to play in first team games wihtout requiring registration. As for reserves, any player is allowed, including unregistered players or trialists. 

If you don't want to bother with the squad size management aspect of this league, go to advanced rules, fixture rules, and set the max squad size to 99. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ohh ok thanks yellow... I thought only registered players could play in reserves which is why i was trying to do youths... ill let them play for any affiliate my team games. also curious since its 2017 when i started Nov 17th to get my staff ready etc its what may 2018 when the youth intake comes in for Canada not sure for fm19?

http://www.yellowsweatygorilla.com/cpl/FM19-cdnmegapatch2.2.zip

7 March 2019 Changes (2.2):
-Fixed L1O playoff format to reflect real world format
-Added missing L1O players
-Fixed a number of player positions
-Got rid of 1 month gap in CanPL spring season
-CanPL now also schedules matches on Sundays

36 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

http://www.yellowsweatygorilla.com/cpl/FM19-cdnmegapatch2.2.zip

7 March 2019 Changes (2.2):
-Fixed L1O playoff format to reflect real world format
-Added missing L1O players
-Fixed a number of player positions
-Got rid of 1 month gap in CanPL spring season
-CanPL now also schedules matches on Sundays

Does this include some of the CPl players who are missing from DB including the Netherland player who Hamilton just signed?

23 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

Yellow.. dont know how this split season works after spring season done does all stats go to zero or do both spring and fall count towards the players staffs in team screen and player profile?

The stats shuld include spring/fall (and champ game for teams that make it). Are you seeing something different?

1 hour ago, giovo88 said:

I am attaching the images, it' s impossible because is written in the League1 Ontario, requires a minimum of 16 teams and 17 were found and PLSQ requires a minimum of 10 teams and 11 were found

canad database 19.3.PNG

canada.PNG

Hello, I just checked and I am not seeing the error. Be very careful you don't have two versions of the Canadian Megapatch activated. In the past, this error has happened when I accidentally clicked two (specifically since I have added Durham and Montague to L1O and PLSQ respectively).

• 2 weeks later...

Yellow... does the youth contracts count towards international too... like say for example there is a youth intake that i like from say england or something and i sign him on a youth contract and bring him to develop for my reserves team for 1 full season does that still count towards the 7 imports?

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/03/2019 at 22:45, Fmfan00 said:

Yellow... does the youth contracts count towards international too... like say for example there is a youth intake that i like from say england or something and i sign him on a youth contract and bring him to develop for my reserves team for 1 full season does that still count towards the 7 imports?

If it's a youth contract, you won't need to register him and he'll be exempt from the 7 import rule (just like real life)... unfortunately, I think you'd still need to follow the 5 starter rule

Hello! First of all, thank you very much for all the hard work you put into this. I'm a huge football (or soccer) fan from Belgium and extremely interested in the development of Canadian Soccer. Can't wait to try out this database!

I was just wondering, is there an update coming soon? Since the last update some high profile players have signed for CPL clubs, and I thought it'd maybe be better to wait a few days before I start my save :)

Thanks!

13 hours ago, ArnoRamone said:

Hello! First of all, thank you very much for all the hard work you put into this. I'm a huge football (or soccer) fan from Belgium and extremely interested in the development of Canadian Soccer. Can't wait to try out this database!

I was just wondering, is there an update coming soon? Since the last update some high profile players have signed for CPL clubs, and I thought it'd maybe be better to wait a few days before I start my save :)

Thanks!

The next update will be out later this week as I am adding 3d kits (halfway done so far). 

The current file is about two weeks outdated.

23 hours ago, MartanCJ said:

Hi, I just went trough Canadian Premier League Wiki page and see that CPL will have a salary cap but I don't see it in game. Will you include it? 

I have information to suggest the cap isn't as firmly set as has been suggested by some - there's a challenge to implementing the cap in a manner that would be realistic (regular increases etc.). I am happy to add one in if things change.

Just wanted to add:

This file is fully compatible with UncleSam's (if you want a more fully fleshed out North America) - assuming you do not activate my continental file and do not activate Sam's Canadian file. I noticed some issues with UncleSam's CL fixture dates and I have a different approach to how I think the game should handle a Canadian team qualifying to the CCL through both CL and Canadian Championship, but all of this is an easy tweak in the editor. 

13 April 2019 Changes (2.5)
-Season now split into 10/18 games (adapted from Unclesam’s mod)
-Roster updates
-Coaching updates
-Changed kits so that away kits feature more for certain teams
-Adjusted youth coaching/recruitment ratings for CanPL teams
-Lowered CanPL reputation to just below Mexican second division

Yellow I want to add Hamilton united to League1 Ontario is it easy to add and what rules do I change?

besides changing the Canadian championship amount of trans and how many teams allowed in league 1 ontario

Edited by Fmfan00

On 16/04/2019 at 21:08, Fmfan00 said:

Yellow I want to add Hamilton united to League1 Ontario is it easy to add and what rules do I change?

besides changing the Canadian championship amount of trans and how many teams allowed in league 1 ontario

Pretty much. You'll need to find a way to rearrange the L1O cup too, or maybe set it so that it draws the highest ranked teams.

On 09/04/2019 at 08:29, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Just wanted to add:

This file is fully compatible with UncleSam's (if you want a more fully fleshed out North America) - assuming you do not activate my continental file and do not activate Sam's Canadian file. I noticed some issues with UncleSam's CL fixture dates and I have a different approach to how I think the game should handle a Canadian team qualifying to the CCL through both CL and Canadian Championship, but all of this is an easy tweak in the editor. 

How do u have something in ur canadian file but in uncle sams US file.. for example if I want to have 1 Cpl academy team take part in his US database academy league? Is something like that possible

2 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

How do u have something in ur canadian file but in uncle sams US file.. for example if I want to have 1 Cpl academy team take part in his US database academy league? Is something like that possible

You would need to make the academy team in Uncle Sam's file and then link it to the Cpl team through an affiliation agreement.

19 April 2019 Changes (2.5c)
-Fixed bug where the CCL was not selecting the correct Canadian Championship winner for qualification
-The best spring record between Edmonton, Forge, and Valour in year 1 now qualifies for the CL (unfortunately, I haven’t figured out a way to only take into account head-to-head record)

18 April 2019 Changes (2.5b)
-Fixed bug that sent first week results to the Autumn Season
-Roster update

Could CL qualification be done with those teams in a separate stage that doesn't generate any fixtures of its own -- i.e. how the game has had Cascadia Cup etc that takes results from MLS? I've made rivalry cups for USL and NASL so it should work (on FM18 but could share).

If you were using fixtures from a hidden stage in your CanPL spring season that only had Forge, Valour, and FCE it could be told to end a bit early.

You'd need to duplicate your CanPL and have one end after the first year with these rules, and then another starting the second

Edited by themodelcitizen

On 26/04/2019 at 01:55, slimebr2 said:

When USA League's activate, I can't choose the starting date. I already checked the files and its all right.

image.thumb.png.538d8705febd9d874819b88ca5f79d56.png

Ya, I've known of this issue. It's random. But if you click on say the USA start date, and go back to Canada it works again.

On 20/04/2019 at 04:58, themodelcitizen said:

Could CL qualification be done with those teams in a separate stage that doesn't generate any fixtures of its own -- i.e. how the game has had Cascadia Cup etc that takes results from MLS? I've made rivalry cups for USL and NASL so it should work (on FM18 but could share).

If you were using fixtures from a hidden stage in your CanPL spring season that only had Forge, Valour, and FCE it could be told to end a bit early.

You'd need to duplicate your CanPL and have one end after the first year with these rules, and then another starting the second

The problem is that I can't find a way to ensure that the three teams play each other the same number of times, given that it's an uneven schedule.

Well you could use hidden group stages for all the league fixtures, bit of a headache though if it's not set up that way already.

In "group settings" you can specify which groups play each other and how often, and which teams go in which group. So the 3 in question go in the same group and play each other home + away.

Then the other group stages for the spring season involve them playing other teams.

I have rivalry cups like the Juan de Fuca Plate set up for FM18 in this manner but adding continental qualifying stumped me. For example, in my USL-2 Northwest I get to 14 fixtures this way, and also send the results from the stage(s) where Vic and TSS play to the Juan de Fuca Plate

On 27/04/2019 at 10:51, themodelcitizen said:

Well you could use hidden group stages for all the league fixtures, bit of a headache though if it's not set up that way already.

In "group settings" you can specify which groups play each other and how often, and which teams go in which group. So the 3 in question go in the same group and play each other home + away.

Then the other group stages for the spring season involve them playing other teams.

I have rivalry cups like the Juan de Fuca Plate set up for FM18 in this manner but adding continental qualifying stumped me. For example, in my USL-2 Northwest I get to 14 fixtures this way, and also send the results from the stage(s) where Vic and TSS play to the Juan de Fuca Plate

I am sure there are those that are better at this than I am - so feel free to chime in.

But, assuming group 1 has 3 teams, group 2 has 4 teams, there's no way to have 10 games per team, while having group 1 (assuming you place edm, forge,valour there) play each other twice. The only way to do it is to have 2 of the teams in group 1, and 1 team in group 2 that plays an extra game against group 1, but there's no way to manually select the team that does that.

If only I can figure out how to do custom fixture list in advanced rules, that would fix everything.

3 hidden group stages. Each has 1 group of 3, and 2 groups of 2.

In each of the first and second stages, the 1 group of 3 plays within itself home and away, and the 2 groups of 2 each only play the opposing 2-team group home and away.

Those two stages put us up to 8 games played for each team. The third stage is the same set-up, but with the box for amount of games set to 1 instead of 2 (i.e., the 3-team group plays within itself only once this time, and the 2-team groups each play the teams in the other 2-team group once each).

Make sense? You have to specify the teams in each group in each stage for it to work (different combinations), which took me ages to figure out a set-up that made sure teams weren't playing the same opponents in multiple group stages.

So Valour, FCE, and Forge would be in the 3-team group in the first hidden group stage, which would also send results to the CL qualifying "competition" using the rivalry cup method. Their respective positions in the second and third group stages will need to naturally ensure they don't play each other again.

20 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

In each of the first and second stages, the 1 group of 3 plays within itself home and away, and the 2 groups of 2 each only play the opposing 2-team group home and away.

Those two stages put us up to 8 games played for each team. The third stage is the same set-up, but with the box for amount of games set to 1 instead of 2 (i.e., the 3-team group plays within itself only once this time, and the 2-team groups each play the teams in the other 2-team group once each).

Make sense? You have to specify the teams in each group in each stage for it to work (different combinations), which took me ages to figure out a set-up that made sure teams weren't playing the same opponents in multiple group stages.

So Valour, FCE, and Forge would be in the 3-team group in the first hidden group stage, which would also send results to the CL qualifying "competition" using the rivalry cup method. Their respective positions in the second and third group stages will need to naturally ensure they don't play each other again.

Ahh.. what a riddle?

So while FCE, Valour, Forge are all in Group A (3 teams) for stage 1.

In Stage 2, one (say FCE) has to be in Group A, and the other two have to be in the same group (say Group B - 2 teams).

In stage 3, the same rules apply, but to ensure that you don't play a team more than twice, you can switch say FCE w/ Valour, but that still leaves Forge with playing an extra game against the two other teams in Group C. 

What's your solution?

21 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

If you have gotten this to work, any chance you could send me your file? I'll give you full credit!

Only on FM18, I'm still on that like a luddite. If you still have it installed you can grab the Canada file from my thread in that subforum.

I think you get me. I'm sure I could explain it better. But stage 1 gets you 4 games per team. Stage 2 also gets 4 games per team.

At this point, everyone has played 4 other teams home and away. They still need to play the remaining 2 teams once each.

That's accomplished in stage 3, which has the same sizes of groups, but only one game instead of 2. In any of the three stages, group B teams don't play other group B teams, they only play group C teams (and vice versa).

All 3 stages get to 10 games in total for the spring season, and only one of the group stages would be the one sending results to CL qualifying.

EDIT: screenies: (my thread probably has a slightly older version with different group placings, this one has FCE/Forge/Valour together in the first group stage)

Spoiler

cpl1.thumb.png.d13390411e5c55d03b8a299a8d8cdd9f.pngcpl2.thumb.png.5914742200d5909b10cd73fab06174c7.pngcpl3.thumb.png.5c1f04c3ed1468c33094a53dc25e2ca3.png

Note how the third stage has "number of rounds" set to 1 instead of 2.

The first stage/screenshot would be the one sending its results to the CL qualifying comp.

12 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Only on FM18, I'm still on that like a luddite. If you still have it installed you can grab the Canada file from my thread in that subforum.

I think you get me. I'm sure I could explain it better. But stage 1 gets you 4 games per team. Stage 2 also gets 4 games per team.

At this point, everyone has played 4 other teams home and away. They still need to play the remaining 2 teams once each.

That's accomplished in stage 3, which has the same sizes of groups, but only one game instead of 2. In any of the three stages, group B teams don't play other group B teams, they only play group C teams (and vice versa).

All 3 stages get to 10 games in total for the spring season, and only one of the group stages would be the one sending results to CL qualifying.

EDIT: screenies: (my thread probably has a slightly older version with different group placings, this one has FCE/Forge/Valour together in the first group stage)

Reveal hidden contents

cpl1.thumb.png.d13390411e5c55d03b8a299a8d8cdd9f.pngcpl2.thumb.png.5914742200d5909b10cd73fab06174c7.pngcpl3.thumb.png.5c1f04c3ed1468c33094a53dc25e2ca3.png

Note how the third stage has "number of rounds" set to 1 instead of 2.

The first stage/screenshot would be the one sending its results to the CL qualifying comp.

I can't seem to find the rivalary cup in your Canada file. Did you add it to that? I am still playing around with it, got the league to set up properly, but it isn't processing results into the rivalary cup.

I haven't built it, but it would be identical to the ones in my US file - see for example the Juan de Fuca Plate, Coastal Cup, Southern Derby etc.

In the main competition (in this case CanPL), under the "competition" tab you'd check "take results into other stage" and make sure it's sending the results from the correct stage to the rivalry cup.

In the rivalry cup itself, you need to set the correct teams and settings (see below).

In my US file I just copied them from the default code for the Cascadia Cup etc in FM18 (needed to tick or untick some box about "child competitions" to get the MLS ones to work though).

Here's how I connected the USL2 Northwest and Juan de Fuca Plate, so just swap for CanPL and CL qualifying competition:

Spoiler

Making a rivalry cup

rivalry1.thumb.png.f7ebe6a4442462bbf1953106ec4a4dc2.pngrivalry2.thumb.png.3007680cd7aa95511d310ef15e14d316.pngrivalry3.thumb.png.ae32545f8526b42793c8536838ffaabe.pngrivalry4.thumb.png.89f4c1f53a27c835818531ceddbee473.pngrivalry5.thumb.png.2842ad2a9c9f1364aa0142b22282f52f.pngrivalry6.thumb.png.b18c1400a60d3c9f3f1d2fd4828169f0.png

This would involve making the "CONCACAF League qualifying" as a separate competition like my Juan de Fuca Plate, although it might be workable and cleaner as a separate stage within the CanPL itself.

In the sixth screenshot the "stage" number needs to be the same stage in CanPL that has FCE/Forge/Valour together and that you're sending results from in the first screenshot. Ignore the other stages it's sending results to (USL League Two), that's for playoff seeding.

Min/max games should be 4 for our purposes, assuming FCE/Valour/Forge are playing each other home and away and not just once each.

On 30/04/2019 at 12:17, themodelcitizen said:

I haven't built it, but it would be identical to the ones in my US file - see for example the Juan de Fuca Plate, Coastal Cup, Southern Derby etc.

In the main competition (in this case CanPL), under the "competition" tab you'd check "take results into other stage" and make sure it's sending the results from the correct stage to the rivalry cup.

In the rivalry cup itself, you need to set the correct teams and settings (see below).

In my US file I just copied them from the default code for the Cascadia Cup etc in FM18 (needed to tick or untick some box about "child competitions" to get the MLS ones to work though).

Here's how I connected the USL2 Northwest and Juan de Fuca Plate, so just swap for CanPL and CL qualifying competition:

Hide contents

Making a rivalry cup

rivalry1.thumb.png.f7ebe6a4442462bbf1953106ec4a4dc2.pngrivalry2.thumb.png.3007680cd7aa95511d310ef15e14d316.pngrivalry3.thumb.png.ae32545f8526b42793c8536838ffaabe.pngrivalry4.thumb.png.89f4c1f53a27c835818531ceddbee473.pngrivalry5.thumb.png.2842ad2a9c9f1364aa0142b22282f52f.pngrivalry6.thumb.png.b18c1400a60d3c9f3f1d2fd4828169f0.png

This method would involve making the "CONCACAF League qualifying" as a separate competition like my Juan de Fuca Plate, although it might be workable and cleaner as a separate stage within the CanPL itself. You'd want to untick "top team are champions" and just use fate actions for CL qualifying (or however you've got that to work).

In the sixth screenshot the "stage" number would be the same stage in CanPL that has FCE/Forge/Valour together and that you're sending results from in the first screenshot. Ignore the other stages it's sending results to (USL League Two), that's for playoff seeding. Also ignore that "coastal cup" thing on the side from the second screenshot, that's not what I'm looking at (which is the rules for the Juan de Fuca Plate).

Min/max games should be 4 for our purposes, assuming FCE/Valour/Forge are playing each other home and away and not just once each.

Can't seem to get it to work - even when I copied your settings from your FM18 db :( Going to take a break from this and work on other aspects of the patch. I wonder if it's because it's drawing from a hidden stage?

I tried both the processing the results into stage technique, and drawing the best teams of that stage into a 'qualfiication competition' technique but neither work. In the latter case, it just ends up drawing the wrong teams.

Edited by yellowsweatygorilla

I can take a quick look if you want... I'm biting the bullet and grabbing FM19 as it's 50% off :lol:

By "this method", I meant the whole thing, I wasn't specifying two different ways of doing it or anything. By specifying the 3 teams in "registered teams" it should force the correct teams.

EDIT: DMed you

You did an phenomenal job and it's got me back on the Fm train  this season. But it's been years since I've tampered with the editor. I wanted to (for personal use) make it a 2 tier cpl where I create the needed teams. Is it possible using your mod to add more fixture dates. I am unable to locate where you made the 10/18 split. In theory I want 2 10 team leagues identical only that there's a single promotion and single relegation (relegation working similar to how the current championship works along with lower league promotion