[FM19] Canadian Megapatch 2019

17 hours ago, deCosta893 said:

You did an phenomenal job and it's got me back on the Fm train  this season. But it's been years since I've tampered with the editor. I wanted to (for personal use) make it a 2 tier cpl where I create the needed teams. Is it possible using your mod to add more fixture dates. I am unable to locate where you made the 10/18 split. In theory I want 2 10 team leagues identical only that there's a single promotion and single relegation (relegation working similar to how the current championship works along with lower league promotion

It's all the hidden stages under CanPL. 

But I am not sure why you need that with what you're proposing?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know that the issue is specific to this database, but I cannot figure out how to change who is registered on the squad registration screen besides hitting Auto Select.

Here's a screen shot: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1736022384

I can't find where to select whether a player is in or out. The database looks good otherwise, but I haven't tried moving into the regular season yet because of this.

On 08/05/2019 at 19:06, SeedSnatcher said:

I don't know that the issue is specific to this database, but I cannot figure out how to change who is registered on the squad registration screen besides hitting Auto Select.

Here's a screen shot: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1736022384

I can't find where to select whether a player is in or out. The database looks good otherwise, but I haven't tried moving into the regular season yet because of this.

I've never seen or heard of that issue before. Do you have any other db files selected?

41 minutes ago, SeedSnatcher said:

I have Uncle_Sam's US expansion and CCL files selected

You didn't activate his Canadian one or my CCL ones did you?

image.thumb.png.a805b8f1d56e1c0cc50f26166dbcd6ca.png

It's really weird. I can't recreate that problem. I am going to have a massive update probably out tomorrow though. Hopefully that fixes things.

I don't have his Canadian expansion or your CCL file on (AFAIK), it wouldn't let me load otherwise. I'm going to poke around some more after tonight's USL/MLS matches. Your screenshot looks like it shows the same screen aside from saying Squad Registration rather than Team. Is that also under Squad -> Players?

The biggest update yet!

11 May 2019 Changes (3.0)
-Head-to-head match-ups between FCE, Valour, and Forge now determine CL qualifications (credit to modelcitizen)
-Faces for each CanPL player and staff added (credit to workthespace, stevieg42)
-Stadium photos (credit to workthespace)
-AMSL with Cavalry and Edmonton U21 now playable
-Added PCSL, MMSL, L1O Reserves, NSSL
-Roster updates
-Staff updates (including L1O/PLSQ)
-Hundreds of minor tweaks to improve long-term play-throughs

image.thumb.png.0070a4297f84836afd7676cb2a3cb3a1.pngimage.thumb.png.cb2460be1f6e083be3181684b418faef.pngimage.thumb.png.1077ba354fecf888c8ee89ca6747d640.png

Figured out my issue, just needed to change to any other view while in the registration page. I've layered your files and Uncle_Sam's carefully, should be good to go with your new stuff. I love face packs, thanks for adding them!

1 hour ago, Rherm said:

Awsome work! One quick question, are you going to add the CSL in the future?

The CSL is an unsanctioned league due to match fixing. Any player that plays there aren't eligible to play in a sanctioned league, So, it's not really in my plans at all.

25 minutes ago, Reiver said:

Any chance of U Sports and more amateur leagues? Maybe even the Challenge Trophy?

U Sports, and all of the major provincial leagues (PLSQ, MMSL, L1O Reserves, NSSL) have been added in the game, but activating them seems to affect the long-term playthroughs - not enough regen, really slow processing, so I left them out. I guess I could make another version that makes them playable.

I've been generally avoiding making leagues that I am unable to flesh out (with full rosters etc.) playable though. I might flesh out USports in the future though, since roster information is available.

@yellowsweatygorilla thank you and the team for working hard on this.  Has gotten me interested in following CPL.  Can't decide between a side to follow Forge FC and Pacific FC are the two I am split between.  If anyone has any suggestions / reasons to follow would love to hear them.

Got some decent young talent in the national team too.

7 hours ago, yCymro said:

@yellowsweatygorilla thank you and the team for working hard on this.  Has gotten me interested in following CPL.  Can't decide between a side to follow Forge FC and Pacific FC are the two I am split between.  If anyone has any suggestions / reasons to follow would love to hear them.

Got some decent young talent in the national team too.

Or why not York :p

I have a soft spot for Pacific just because I visited there once and loved it. Issey is also one of my favourite players. 

This mod is so good! Thank you very much but I have a little question : 

I am using your logo pack and the logo for the Canadian University seems to not match up... I have the logo o the UREI Panthers for the Université Laval Rouge et OR... 

Is there something I did wrong? 

12 hours ago, AlexTheTall said:

I am using your logo pack and the logo for the Canadian University seems to not match up... I have the logo o the UREI Panthers for the Université Laval Rouge et OR... 

I have a similar issue, but I am also using a logopack from Uncle_Sam, and instead a lot of the Canadian colleges seem to use random American college logos

On 19/05/2019 at 10:16, AlexTheTall said:

On 19/05/2019 at 22:55, SeedSnatcher said:

I have a similar issue, but I am also using a logopack from Uncle_Sam, and instead a lot of the Canadian colleges seem to use random American college logos

Usually, if logos for added teams (like the Canadian universities in this file) are mismatched, it's because you're using a database that adds teams before the teams with logo errors (because logo packs are set up to assign the new logos to a specific database ID number, and database IDs for added teams are assigned sequentially in the order that the new teams are added to the database, and the game loads custom FMF files in alphabetical order (so, for example, teams from Uncle Sam's files, which usually begin with numbers, will get loaded and added before these ones, and mess up the order that the logo pack files expect).

tl;dr: logo packs for added teams or competitions (or facepacks for added players) are usually not compatible with other logo packs/databases that add the same things.

You can fix this, but you'll have to do it manually yourself because there's no other way to be sure what added team or competition or player got which database ID in your save if you're using logo/face packs and databases from different authors. Here's more or less how (I'll probably edit this post when I get home and can fix any mistakes I've made remembering how to do this).

1) In Interface Preferences, tick the box 'Show screen IDs in title bar to assist skinning'.

2) In your save, find the team (it will probably be several teams, depending on what other custom edits you use) that has the wrong logo, and make a note of their database IDs from their title bars.

3) Open your graphics folder, and find where you put this logo pack, then find the club logos (I'm not at my PC so I can't remember exactly where they are). You'll need to fix both the main folder here, and the subfolder called "small" which contains club icons.

In both folders, open the file called config.xml in a text editor like Notepad++.

4) Each line in the main section of this file will correspond to a team. It'll look like

"<record from="filename" to="graphics/pictures/club/ID/logo"/>"

or, in the "small" folder for icons:

"<record from="filename" to="graphics/pictures/club/ID/icon"/>"

In this logo pack, the filenames usually correspond to the school the logo is for, so this should be easy. Change the ID that is currently in the XML file to the ID that you wrote down for that team in your save. When you're done with all the incorrect teams, save your XML files.

5) In the game, go back into the Preferences -> Interface menu and untick 'Use Caching to decrease page loading times' and tick 'Reload Skin when confirming changes in Preferences'. Then click confirm. The game should reload graphics and, if you've done everything right, the logos should be right again.

Edited by Dallan

• 1 month later...

@yellowsweatygorilla there is a new D3 league called League 1 BC ( logo provided although it's not very good and may not be useable yet) here is the link confirming it's creation 

https://www.bcsoccer.net/news/post/bc-soccer-provides-update-on-proposed-regional-tier-3-league

some of the leagues rules which were found in the link I provided

• a. No less than ten (10) of the players listed on the game sheet MUST be U23 players (i.e. For the 2020 season, a player classified as U23 must be born in 1997 or later)
  • b. No less than six (6) of the designated starting eleven players MUST be U23 players (i.e. For the 2020 season, a player classified as U23 must be born in 1997 or later)
  • c. No more than Three (3) of the players listed on the game sheet may be “import players”. An “import player” is any player who is not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada. “Import players” must be clearly identified on the game sheet.

Player Status 
Franchises/clubs/teams may register amateur players or players under professional contracts. If franchise/clubs do have players under professional contract, the following applies: 

• i. No more than six (6) can be on professional contract, and
  • ii. Each player on contract can receive no more than $5,000 per year.

no clubs have been confirmed yet but I will provide all of the rumored information that I have found

• Play is set to begin next April with 7-8 "franchises"; runs through August
  • The league has significantly scaled back its franchise requirements from the previous attempt to create this league a few years ago
    • No longer are there projections/requirements for stadium ticket revenue, concession revenue, merchandise revenue, etc.
  • Intention is for the champion to be given a berth in the Canadian Championship - still TBC by CSA but confirmation is expected
  • Players will initially NOT BE PAID in the league, with the intention to potentially move towards eventually becoming a semi-professional league within 5 seasons
  • Similar agreement with USports (formerly CIS) as CPL which will allow college players to participate in this league before being returned to their college teams; NCAA (SFU) players not likely to be eligible
  • No information on if players will be eligible to play in VMSL/FVSL/VISL outside of the Tier 3 season or on whether signing in this league will have any effect on their amateur status
  • TSS Rovers and Victoria Highlanders have apparently verbally committed to joining the league assuming the CSA, as expected, approves a spot for the league in the Canadian Championship
    • Note - TSS and Highlanders must inform USL D2 (formerly PDL) if they are returning to that league by November; if they do remain in USL they must sign a 3 year commitment
    • I am told that BC Tier 3 WILL LAUNCH regardless of if TSS and Highlanders join or not; though obviously the preference is for them to be there
  • Ideally BC Soccer would like to stream at least some of the league's matches live online in order to try and help grow the reach of the league

So basically it sounds like a bit of a glorified summer league, at least to start. From everything I have heard BC Soccer is bound and determined to start this league next season, no matter what. One of the big catalysts I am told is Peter Schaad, who is now head of Marketing and Communications at BC Soccer. This should, ostensibly, finish off the PCSL; whether or not it has any major effect on the VMSL/FVSL/VISL is yet to be seen. One of the major impediments to this league getting off the ground last time around was the adult leagues not being onside. This time around I have reason to believe that the FVSL is on board with this endeavor but that the VMSL has been just about kept out of the loop on developments. Again, we will see what sort of impact that may or may not have.

Initial franchises I am told will be:

• Whitecaps U23
  • Vancouver 86ers
  • Tri-Cities
  • Surrey/Langley
  • TSS Rovers*
  • Victoria Highlanders*
  • Nanaimo+
  • Kamloops+
  • *Pending CSA approval of Canadian Championshp berth
    +Unconfirmed ownership

Rumours regarding the franchises that I have heard are that Schaad himself is in someway involved with owning the "86ers" trademark and is driving the bus on this league in order to have somewhere for this franchise to play. I am told that there is already an understanding that this "86ers" incarnation would play out of Swanguard with TSS agreeing to move to Richmond. Not sure how that would split the allegiances of the "Swanguardians". Personally I was surprised when I was told that TSS had agreed to move given the roots they have laid down, but likely there is also significant financial benefit to not playing at Swanguard.

Elsewhere, Whitecaps are apparently keen to have a league for their development squad to play regular football in; presumably games would be based at UBC. The Tri-Cities franchise is apparently in the hands of none other than Thomas Mills, while Surrey/Langley also has confirmed ownership. Apparently "Okanagan" put a franchise in PCSL this year with the sole intention of being in this new league next year, but exactly what that would potentially look like and where they would play is not known. There is also purportedly interest from Kamloops and Nanaimo, but whether or not either make it for year one is unclear. Likely a bigger push to get one or both in if TSS and Highlanders do not end up getting on board.

IMG_9016.PNG

IMG_9018.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...