Europa league qualification - how??

[FM18]

Can someone please explain why Slovan Liberec took up a Europa League place? I noticed at round 27 it showed that they took a berth:

1a.thumb.jpg.9aa28ff29011cd001ce383fcdf964c5e.jpg

In the Czech league there is a straight league (30 rounds) and then it is split (1-6 play the championship group, and group of  7-10 play for a playoff spot vs 5th of the championship group to determine last Europa league spot).

Below is the Europa league playoff group, as you can see Plzen defeated Teplice and should have gotten the spot

1b.thumb.jpg.4705e15bb9ee6c4cf333ed4fec64d4dd.jpg

Below: A screenshot of the championship group after the season had finished

1c.thumb.jpg.8b6140c0360fb1ad55d7e0c3ab7d5a47.jpg

Could it be because of the FA cup?

1d.thumb.jpg.64b3cb604b0cae94ad0cadd5813f939f.jpg

Hell Nah

Someone please help, why did Liberec go through and not Plzen?

Thank you kind Sirs and Ma'ams

What are the rules for the league and cup? It's usually stated there somewhere. Also in the season summary (after the league resets) it will show all teams qualified for continental play and the reason for it (if I'm not mistaken).

• 2 weeks later...

It has happened AGAIN this season, with Sigma Olomouc. Can someone please tell me why they qualified?? (Already??)

XaW - I have attached the rules for the league and cup below.

Essentially European places are based on the final rankings (there are a further 5 games to play in the championship group, so nothing is final). Teams ranked 7 vs 10th and 8 vs 9th have a mini tournament (not played yet!!) and the winner of that plays the highest ranking team in the championship group that hasn't already qualified for Europe, for the last spot.

Winner of the Cup (not determined yet..! still at semis) goes straight to the Europa league group stage due to nation's coefficient

sigma1.jpg

sigma2.jpg

Archived