getting a son in regen intake

10 hours ago, jamesshipman87 said:

hi im just wondering in football manager 2019 is it still possible to get a son in youth intake? i got it a couple of times on fm 18, if so isit still 1 in 1000 chance or isit been narrowed down. 

You got a "couple"? I've been playing more than 1,000 hrs the last 5 versions at least, and never got one. Guess I'm not popular enough with the ladies in the FM world to get a son... :(

6 hours ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Have to be at the same club for 20 years, don't you? I doubt it's changed from '18. 

I’ve not had one myself but I’m sure that’s not the case.

I think it might be something you can unlock after 20 years on FM Touch?

I have a relative who plays FM12 and last we spoke I believe he was in the year 2074, or the 74th season, either way they are both plenty of time for a son but has never happened, assuming it was in the game back then anyway.

The 'have to played 10 years' is a myth, only thing that's relevant is age, you have to be early 30's+. can happen in your 1st season or your 100th, just a 1/10,000 chance.

I've never got one, and i spent hours once reloading my save to get one, you're really lucky if it happens

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Domathon said:

can someone from SI confirm if you must be a certain age or if you must be at club for 20 years?

As mentioned above by ryanlion28:

On 08/12/2018 at 14:24, ryanlion28 said:

The 'have to played 10 years' is a myth, only thing that's relevant is age, you have to be early 30's+. can happen in your 1st season or your 100th, just a 1/10,000 chance.

I've never got one, and i spent hours once reloading my save to get one, you're really lucky if it happens

• 2 months later...

Bumping this old thread...I think I've just got a son in my youth intake. I'm old enough, and he has the same surname, birth place is the town where the club is based and I'm down as one his favourite personnel (as a 'Manager')

I read somewhere else I would be listed as a "father figure" if he was my son...anyone know if that's correct? There's too many other coincidences for it not to be my son, it's not a common surname for starters. 

16 hours ago, Edinton said:

Bumping this old thread...I think I've just got a son in my youth intake. I'm old enough, and he has the same surname, birth place is the town where the club is based and I'm down as one his favourite personnel (as a 'Manager')

I read somewhere else I would be listed as a "father figure" if he was my son...anyone know if that's correct? There's too many other coincidences for it not to be my son, it's not a common surname for starters. 

If you were his father you would be listed as "<your name> (Father)" in his favorite personell. So, sorry, the child is not yours, you should have a talk with your FM wife/girlfriend...

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

If you were his father you would be listed as "<your name> (Father)" in his favorite personell. So, sorry, the child is not yours, you should have a talk with your FM wife/girlfriend...

I'd mentally list him as a nephew if it was my save, assuming 'uncle' isn't available.

1 minute ago, Brentford Alan said:

I'd mentally list him as a nephew if it was my save, assuming 'uncle' isn't available.

Yeah, I'd do something similar, but then again, my name is very rare (9 people in the world), so if you have the same name as me, we are related.

35 minutes ago, XaW said:

Could it be though that I'm listed as Manager because I'm his manager? And if I wasn't his manager, it would change? That's what I've decided is the case regardless of the answers... ;)

2 hours ago, Edinton said:

Could it be though that I'm listed as Manager because I'm his manager? And if I wasn't his manager, it would change? That's what I've decided is the case regardless of the answers... ;)

Haha, I won't burst your bubble and I'll instead post this screenshot of my son from my Kettering save (I often name myself XaW X in games, so that explains his last name).

aX1916N.png

He was pretty good as well... this is his initial profile:

tZr9MWU.png

This is his profile at the final season I played that save:

HyOV4t2.png

On 05/04/2019 at 18:50, Brentford Alan said:

You may want to mentally explain why he doesn't have his uncle as favourite staff as well. 

I got my first ever FM son on FM19 and i've played every version since it was possible.

I got him in the 19/20 season so only the second season

He's not very good Goalkeeper (conference north standard), despite that i've had him on the bench in cup finals, and since i've been England manager he's played in goal against the rubbish teams and hes the designated pen and free kick taker.

At 21 years old, hes won the checkatrade trophy, the European Championship, the European International League, the Confederations Cup, the Community Shield and the Carabo Cup. Hes also been capped 27 times scoring 9 goals!

He's not good enough to play for my club team though so only gets on the bench and will come on as sub if were winning by a lot. He missed out on a prem medal last season as he only played 9 games because i forgot he needed to play 10 games. I'll make sure in the future he gets 10 games in so he gets league winners medals too.

On 05/04/2019 at 12:17, XaW said:

Haha, I won't burst your bubble and I'll instead post this screenshot of my son from my Kettering save (I often name myself XaW X in games, so that explains his last name).

aX1916N.png

He was pretty good as well... this is his initial profile:

tZr9MWU.png

This is his profile at the final season I played that save:

HyOV4t2.png

:(

Weird coincidence then I guess that he has my surname. I'll need to check if any of the other intake have me as a favoured personnel, but that's quite unusual as well isn't it...that a youth intake player would have the first team manager listed as favourite personnel?

42 minutes ago, Edinton said:

:(

Weird coincidence then I guess that he has my surname. I'll need to check if any of the other intake have me as a favoured personnel, but that's quite unusual as well isn't it...that a youth intake player would have the first team manager listed as favourite personnel?

Well, if you have given him his professional debut you often get into the list. Most of my youth players have me listed there. And the name, well I guess it is a coincidence, but if you have a common name, then I guess it's more likely.

4 hours ago, XaW said:

Well, if you have given him his professional debut you often get into the list. Most of my youth players have me listed there. And the name, well I guess it is a coincidence, but if you have a common name, then I guess it's more likely.

He had me as favourite personnel from the day of the intake which is why I was convinced he was my son. Not the first time I've been involved in a paternity dispute but hopefully the last...

Good reading this topic. I started a save with the intent of getting a son, and a stadium named after me. I started with my age of sweet 42, but sounds like that may be too old to generate a son. I was still thinking that after 10-20 years with a club I'll get a chance to get one. Guess I was wrong. If I only new 15 seasons ago when I started the save. 

• 3 months later...
On 01/08/2019 at 03:15, lex311085 said:

why don't people just use the editor to create a son. Then the in game editor to edit relationships and add you as a relation

because it's not natural. i'd prefer to have it happen organically

Archived