Dynamic Promotion with B teams

dpt8544

Traditionally, when you have a B team in a promotion spot (that cannot be promoted), the promotion spot is passed on to the next eligible team. However, i want to create a system so that instead of passing on the promotion spot, the highest ranked relegation team from the division above is given a reprieve from relegation.

For example, lets say neither of the top 2 in the second division are B teams. Then, both of the top 2 teams are promoted, and the bottom two from the top division are relegated.

If 1 of the top 2 finishers in the second division are B teams, then the other first team is promoted (whether they came 1st or 2nd), and the bottom team from the top division is relegated.

If both of the top 2 finishers in the second division are B teams, then no teams are promoted, and no teams from the top division are relegated.

I have tried stuff similar to what is mentioned in the 'Dynamic relegation thread' but I can't figure out a way to get this to work (to be honest, it is a completely different issue)
Any help would be greatly appreciated

12 hours ago, dpt8544 said:

Traditionally, when you have a B team in a promotion spot (that cannot be promoted), the promotion spot is passed on to the next eligible team. However, i want to create a system so that instead of passing on the promotion spot, the highest ranked relegation team from the division above is given a reprieve from relegation.

For example, lets say neither of the top 2 in the second division are B teams. Then, both of the top 2 teams are promoted, and the bottom two from the top division are relegated.

If 1 of the top 2 finishers in the second division are B teams, then the other first team is promoted (whether they came 1st or 2nd), and the bottom team from the top division is relegated.

If both of the top 2 finishers in the second division are B teams, then no teams are promoted, and no teams from the top division are relegated.

I have tried stuff similar to what is mentioned in the 'Dynamic relegation thread' but I can't figure out a way to get this to work (to be honest, it is a completely different issue)
Any help would be greatly appreciated

This can be done but im not sure how this will effect whole system. In your case there is no "fixed" promotion places. You have 2 "optional" promotion places (case where your top 2 teams are not B teams).

So you have to set hidden stage to determine promotions first. After that you will have to set similar stage to determine relegations. Of course number of promoted teams is crucial here.

4 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

This can be done but im not sure how this will effect whole system. In your case there is no "fixed" promotion places. You have 2 "optional" promotion places (case where your top 2 teams are not B teams).

So you have to set hidden stage to determine promotions first. After that you will have to set similar stage to determine relegations. Of course number of promoted teams is crucial here.

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any more specific instructions for how to do this? One problem I am coming across is that the minimum number of teams in a stage must be 2, so if there is only one team eligible for promotion, then the stage cannot be created and therefore the team cannot be given the fate of being promoted. Also, I am not sure how to link the number of relegations from the top division to the number of promotions from the lower division.

Set 2 top playoff spots for your league (just to have info about 2 possible promotion spots). Btw this can be problem also because game will ignore b teams and mark next team -this can be confusing for players. Maybe its better option to set qualification spots in qualification rules instead of top playoff settings.

Minimum number of teams in stage is not problem. You can qualify some other team just to fill the number.

I think its best to upload your file and i can try to make 2 new stages so you can take a look and learn for other comps.

Archived