A couple of questions

1. Why when my fullbacks are told to close down more do they just wait for the central midfielder (who is NOT closer to the ball carrier)? One is on Attack and one is on support neither seem to close down on the positive mentality or otherwise. Do they need to be wingbacks to close down earlier?

2. Why does the 'Encourage' shout produce body language of 'Frustrated with the feedback'?

Answers to these will be greatly appreciated.

40 minutes ago, djpdavey said:

1. Why when my fullbacks are told to close down more do they just wait for the central midfielder (who is NOT closer to the ball carrier)? One is on Attack and one is on support neither seem to close down on the positive mentality or otherwise. Do they need to be wingbacks to close down earlier?

Tactical questions are best asked in the Tactics forum, but include your tactic and all instructions. People need to have a clear picture of what's happening and what you've instructed.

40 minutes ago, djpdavey said:

2. Why does the 'Encourage' shout produce body language of 'Frustrated with the feedback'?

Sounds like you got this wrong in context of the match. Did they need confidence? Were you underdogs or behind, etc?

Sounds like you got this wrong in context of the match. Did they need confidence? Were you underdogs or behind, etc?

I normally do this when we are drawing and I do it both but judging by your context it sounds like an underdog or behind thing then. Good to know.

I will add my few questions so I wouldn't have to make a new topic:

3. I am wondering because in last season (it was my 1st season) I had holidays after almost end of June because my reserve team was playing playoffs to promote to Segunda Division in Spain, they are safe there 4th place I think, so now I can go on holidays like on 8th of June, but I can add training session and then it change to another week...

So can I train my players still without any problems later, or if the holidays will be too short I might have some problems later like players complaining, something bad with morale, stamina, jadeness or something?

How long it should be?

4. At what age players retire?

For example I signed Nasri for free and now he is 32-33 and at the end of the season he said he will retire, I asked him to think about it and he said ok, and after that he said he still want to retire. He wasn't playing too much games since I use fast wingers etc he was a bench player.

Now I have Parejo who is like 31 I think, I wonder he might retire soon? Because if players retire at age like 32 etc I might maybe be able to sell him soon so at least I will have money to buy someone else?

When are u selling ur old players? at what age?

5. About pre season training I ve read at training section that you should add stamina and speed training but there is something about training not being heavy enough or being too heavy that it might have bad effect tjen, so how can I be sure it's not too heavy but heavy enough ?

6. Transfer budgets - should I spend all money before season ends? Because someone wrote its not being added to new transfer budget in new season, but still its about your bank balance, so if u use it all lets say u have 100mln bank account and 100mln transfer budget, so after u spend it you have 0  and you will get for example new one 100mln, when u spend it u will be in debt 100mln ...

7. How can I know which players traits are good for him? For example I can teach striker with poor off the ball skill - avoiding offside traps, will it help him in some percentage or it might harm him in some way that he might play worse with it ?

8. In training where I have things for next match like improve cover, passing or pressing or set pieces can I choose all an it will work, or only 1 benefit can be used the first one or the last one and the other will be just like waisting slot for training because it will not take place?

4) Player retirement depends on a few factors. Playing time is one, if they keep being exluded from the squad or barely get any minutes and there's no interest from other clubs, the chance of them calling it a day will be higher. Injuries and physical stats declining will (I think be another factor). But there's no set date.

6) Your transfer budget does not depend on the previous season's budget but on your bank balance. If you spend all your transfer budget and you're in a bad financial situation, you probably will get a smaller budget next season. On the other hand, if you don't spend it and you're in a bad financial situation as well, you'll probably still get a smaller budget anyway. 

Archived