How do you prepare

Hi everyone I'm playing in the prem and have quite a decent squad but really struggle against the big teams so was just wondering what people do to combat playing against the big teams

Ive tried to do a few things like making my tactic a bit more defensive etc but still not having much luck last game got destroyed by Man City 

Do people change formations etc as I study the tactical information I have on them but still still struggling so any ideas would be appreciated 

How do I prepare?  Trousers down and bend over usually.

However, if you're struggling against teams such as Man City in a way that's a good thing because it's realistic.  Are your Board's expectations top 4?  If no then pick up what points you can from the big teams and focus your energies on achieving/beating those expectations.  Build over a few seasons until your current "decent squad" becomes a "great squad".

Personally I prepare for such games in exactly the same way as I prepare for every other game - I don't prepare.  I start every game in exactly the same manner and adapt once I see how things are working out during a match.  If I'm a small team I accept I'll probably lose against the big teams, but if I can get the odd point here and there that's a bonus.

Thanks herne79 for your reply 

I'm into season 7 on my journey man save and have ended up at Everton really pleased with my first season and after much dealing in the summer transfer I feel my squad could really challenge if and it's a big ask if I can compete with the big teams 

At the moment it's not to bad drew with Liverpool and Arsenal and beat Chelsea in the community shield but got murdered by Manchester City 

I would love to finally turn those draws into wins so just wondering how other people have a crack at beating the big boys 

The way I squad build (main tactic with two players for every position) doesn't tend to leave me flexible to chop n change formation... I rarely utilise multiple tactic slots. So when I meet a tougher game I don't want to drastically change style and leave myself with square pegs in round holes and no tactical familiarity etc. 

Therefore, I tend to start the same as usual. I do try to react quicker than other matches though if I sense the tide going against me. There is no set rules to changes I might make... Sometimes I feel I need to change a duty or two down to be more solid... Sometimes I go with attack is the best form of defence... All about feel of the match ups... The observations... Or who I think has started well/badly and making tweaks based on that. 

Hi westychimp8 funny you say going attacking as I starting cautiously against Manchester City and was 2-0 down after 20 minutes 

Switched to a more attacking 4-4-2 after the break and played much better when I thought we would get done on the break with us leaving huge gaps everywhere 

Archived