Help with generating Uyghur regen names

ameliapanda

Hello,

Currently, I'm trying to make every regen (or a significant portion) from the Xinjiang region of China have Uyghur names (a minority Turkic language from that region), which exist in current players but are not reflected by regens (who always have normal Chinese names). How can I go about doing this? I've tried setting up another nation and creating another language, but have so far been without avail. 

Thanks

Have a feeling this is hardcoded to be able to sell in China. 

If there's a way around it then it would something like using an extinct nation and set the Uyghur language to be from there and set Xinjiang cities to use that language

5 hours ago, Fredrik said:

Have a feeling this is hardcoded to be able to sell in China. 

If there's a way around it then it would something like using an extinct nation and set the Uyghur language to be from there and set Xinjiang cities to use that language

I doubt that's the case, and i really hope its not

however on the topic of the editor: here's what i did. I edited an extinct nation to have the (created) Uyghur language. I then created enough copies of the existing Uyghur players, set their language to Uyghur, and put them in the nation I created. To fully test it out, I set up a dummy league with 2 teams in this nation. Additionally, I set all the cities in Xinjiang to be Uyghur-speaking. Comes regen day: the regens in my created nation's teams now have Uyghur names, but not regens from teams in Xinjiang. It seems like I can get Chinese regens to adopt names in other languages even though it shows that they're fluent in Uyghur (with it being their first language). Do you happen to have any other tips to resolve this?

thanks

Archived