[FM19] Real Life USA-Canada Expansion by Uncle Sam (Now compatible with 19.3)

the USL League 1 club has officially been named Union Omaha  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Omaha

below is  a copy of its crest. Also I am including updated cresta for the NISA clubs. Connecticut United is the rumored name of the Connecticut club and this is the rumored crest. The Providence club is rumored to be some reorganized form of the Rhode Island Oceaneers. Also the USL Championship club announced that they will begin play in 2020 and are expected to release their crest and colors later this monrh, The Swope Park Rangers will change their name to Sporting KC 2, it's rumored that the New England Revolution will start a USL League 1 club. I will post any updates as I find them out . I hope this helps

Union_Omaha_Logo.jpg

Atlanta_SC_logo.png

220px-California_United_FC_logo.svg.png

Los_Angeles_Force.png

150px-Miami_FC_logo.svg.png

Oakland_Roots_SC_logo.png

bzreniarem731.png

800px-Chattanooga_FC_logo.svg.png

Rhode_Island_Oceaneers.png

DCFC.png

2017_MI_STARS_LOGO_FINAL.png

PhiladelphiaFury78logo.png

EFvowYMX0AESXzm.jpeg

Edited by mikehurst21

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 30/08/2019 at 18:35, rjferguson90 said:

For some unidentifiable reason it won't work on Macs. I've just ran a two year test with only the CPL and the MLS loaded, and it works fine with the correct expansion teams coming in during the correct seasons, but if you add any leagues lower than the MLS it will crash FM. Uncle Sam posted some links further back in the thread which you can use to start an already-saved game on a Mac, but this won't work for me as I can't add leagues from other custom dbs this way.

Bit late in the day but if you sent me links to the other custom dbs you want to add i'd happily set up a save for you  :)

19 hours ago, Sharyos said:

Hi! What a job :applause:

But, on my Mac, the link and "rar file" are broken. Would it be possible to reupload the files .fmf pls ? Thanks 

There's an issue with these files on the Mac, helpfully though Uncle Sam has uploaded save game files below :thup:

On 23/07/2019 at 13:13, Uncle_Sam said:

MAC USERS:

So I wanted to test this out. I have created three saves that begin even before a coach has been added in January 2018. These saves are based on database size: small, medium, and large. The leagues present by default are the central american and Caribbean leagues that I load up with to start. You can use the league add/remove feature in-game to modify the available leagues to your choosing (if this works).

Let me know if it still crashes when trying load one of these saves.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ozxqh5kletflh7p/MAC_save_-_small_DB.fm/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tmv96pltqykxgcb/MAC_save_-_medium_DB.fm/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/doish8uu3wb61ui/MAC_save_-_large_DB.fm/file

5 hours ago, sizzlingpopcorn said:

aJust downloaded all the files. Going to start a save with my alma mater (Saint Mary's University) in U-Sports and try to break into CPL and MLS. Not sure how far I'll go as I see I'll have to sign the team from scratch.

I was thinking about doing that with Mac (U-Sports) I guess you would have to sign players from like academy's no?

Edited by Fmfan00

I just wonder, has anyone played with this database but increased the USA youth level stat(think that is what it's called?) ? I just wonder what would happen if USA was producing more great players in this game, if MLS would increase it's level or if all the players would just leave for Europe...

Also I have wanted to do MLS saves, but in previous games I have always given up since it becomes to easy when the AI managers struggle to build teams with all the rules in MLS. So I guess  more people in here play in the MLS, what is your experiance with this in FM 19?

14 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

I was thinking about doing that with Mac (U-Sports) I guess you would have to sign players from like academy's no?

It's a very tough to sign players. I started Feb 2019 and I could only sign 6 guys by Aug 2019. Because you're an amateur team, there's not many players willing to sign. I tried getting the game to add players to playable teams at the beginning, but that only filled 14 roster spots per team. 

On the original post, Uncle_Sam mentions a Pro file, but I didn't see that in the folder. I wonder if this would help the Canadian kids.

On 26/10/2019 at 07:13, Martin93 said:

I just wonder, has anyone played with this database but increased the USA youth level stat(think that is what it's called?) ? I just wonder what would happen if USA was producing more great players in this game, if MLS would increase it's level or if all the players would just leave for Europe...

Also I have wanted to do MLS saves, but in previous games I have always given up since it becomes to easy when the AI managers struggle to build teams with all the rules in MLS. So I guess  more people in here play in the MLS, what is your experiance with this in FM 19?

I have tried various things to make MLS teams more competitive relative to Mexican teams, for example.  There are some roadblocks:

I tried seeding academy teams with some talented players, using the editor for example, but the MLS teams don't seem to sign their academy players.  On the other hand European teams sweep up talent from the US academies like a vacuum cleaner does dust.

Next I placed talented academy players on the parent team myself, using the editor.  Some teams simply waived them, and a few teams kept them on for a few years.

With salary caps and profit minded boards MLS teams sell talented players to Europe rather than keep them long-term.  Mexican teams build up their rosters and seem to retain talent better than MLS teams. 

So, in competitions it usually ends up that MLS teams beat the minnows from CONCACAF, but usually lose to Mexican teams.

On 29/10/2019 at 05:37, Longhorn said:

I have tried various things to make MLS teams more competitive relative to Mexican teams, for example.  There are some roadblocks:

I tried seeding academy teams with some talented players, using the editor for example, but the MLS teams don't seem to sign their academy players.  On the other hand European teams sweep up talent from the US academies like a vacuum cleaner does dust.

Next I placed talented academy players on the parent team myself, using the editor.  Some teams simply waived them, and a few teams kept them on for a few years.

With salary caps and profit minded boards MLS teams sell talented players to Europe rather than keep them long-term.  Mexican teams build up their rosters and seem to retain talent better than MLS teams. 

So, in competitions it usually ends up that MLS teams beat the minnows from CONCACAF, but usually lose to Mexican teams.

Maybe could be interesting to test this in FM 20, to see if the club vision can help this?.... A few of the MLS teams have the develop youth players through the youth system club vision

@Uncle Sam with the 2019 season coming to an end and the off season kicking into gear there has been some changes (some of which have already been discussed here. 

UPSL:

is now sanctioned as a national league and considered a 4th tier league (same tier as NPSL and USL League 2)

NPSL:

Las Vegas Legends FC has joined the league

Muskegon Risers SC has joined the league

North Alabama SC has joined the league

Valeo FC has joined the league

Fort Wayne FC has joined the league

World Class Premier Elite has joined the league

USL League 2 :

AFC Ann Arbor  has  left the NPSL and joined USL League 2

Ashville City FC has left the NPSL and joined USL League 2

NISA:

New York Cosmos has applied to join the league

Jacksonville Armada are in negotiations on a stadium deal no league announced as of yet

USL League 1:

Lansing Ignite has folded

Union Omaha SC has joined the league

Inter Miami CF 2 has joined the league (no branding has been released yet)

New England Revolution 2 Has Joined the league (no branding has been released yet)

USL Championship :

Fresno FC has folded (believed to be relocating to Monterey California)

San Diego Loyal SC  has joined the league

Ottawa Fury FC is rumored to be in negotiations to Join the Canadian Premier League

there has been no word on the East Bay Club as of yet

Swope Park Rangers Have become Sporting KC 2

your LA Galaxy 2 crest is out of date I have included their current one

CPL:

there are rumored to be up to 3 expansion clubs to be announced soon ( I wonder if Ottawa Fury is 1 of them ?)

MLS :

all of the MLS expansion has previously been discussed

regarding the Canadian 2nd tier, you use the unsanctioned CSL as the 2nd tier I prefer not to use any unsanctioned leagues. would you consider maybe a fictional 2nd tier league as a sort of placeholder (if I could come up with 1) ? I just would prefer not to use a league who has burned their bridges with FIFA. Also is there a way to set up the new League 1 BC to start up in the 3rd tier in 2021 using the same rules as League 1 Ontario (at least until the leagues rules will be)

hope this helps will post more as it is revealed

Union Omaha SC.png

LA Galaxy 2.png

Sporting KC 2.png

San Diego Loyal SC.PNG

New England Revolution.png

INter Miami CF.JPG

Afc_ann_arbor.png

Asheville_City_SC.png

Risers_WHITE-transparent-1024x1024.png

images.png

Las_Vegas_Legends_logo.jpg

images (4).jpeg

5d7690cb36cce.image.png

pPjLSeKr_400x400.jpg

Edited by mikehurst21

On 03/11/2019 at 09:32, Sabres1986 said:

Question for the Canada side... Not sure if yellow or Uncle sam has this but the Concaaf thing between FC edmonton forge and valour is that in the same who ever has the better record i think it was in the spring?

yellow does, it's via a hidden stage

5 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Obviously I've been away. Apologies, but real life has been beckoning.

However, I am working on updating the file for FM 20. With that said, I will no longer be supporting the FM19 file. I'm sorry, but I just don't have time to support past versions of the file.

So right now I am working on cleaning up last years version. That means removing duplicate clubs (clubs that I "created" in FM19 that are now in the database by default), removing failed changes in the database to keep it from becoming too cumbersome, and removing competitions and such that are also now in the database by default.

I will be posting a new thread in the next couple of days in the FM20 Editor Download thread to update you on progress.

Great news !! 

I noticed last night in the FM20 database that MLS has St. Louis FC listed as a registered MLS team for 2022.  However they are not included in the default MLS advanced rules as an expansion team.

21 saat önce, Uncle_Sam said:

However, I am working on updating the file for FM 20. With that said, I will no longer be supporting the FM19 file. I'm sorry, but I just don't have time to support past versions of the file.

So right now I am working on cleaning up last years version. That means removing duplicate clubs (clubs that I "created" in FM19 that are now in the database by default), removing failed changes in the database to keep it from becoming too cumbersome, and removing competitions and such that are also now in the database by default.

I will be posting a new thread in the next couple of days in the FM20 Editor Download thread to update you on progress.

the king is back!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/12/2019 at 10:08, Dodis said:

Any chance we see the FM20 version in the near future?

I saw a thread from @aeronorrisx in the FM20 download forum that looked like he was basically updating this file, that might be worth watching if they aren't already talking to each other or working together.

Hi all. I am going to use this database to play MLS only. 

I was wondering if anyone had played through a few seasons and can confirm that there are no major issues?

Also, at one point the expansion draft was not occurring for the first couple of seasons. Was this fixed? 

Thanks @Uncle_Samfor what I’m sure will be a great file!

On 27/12/2019 at 08:45, Ropo said:

Hi all. I am going to use this database to play MLS only. 

I was wondering if anyone had played through a few seasons and can confirm that there are no major issues?

Also, at one point the expansion draft was not occurring for the first couple of seasons. Was this fixed? 

It works fine. I'm 90% sure the draft was fixed too, but I'd wait for the fm20 database to come outif youre gonna start a save.

On 04/01/2020 at 05:17, Enzo_ said:

It works fine. I'm 90% sure the draft was fixed too, but I'd wait for the fm20 database to come outif youre gonna start a save.

Thanks for responding! I’m playing ‘19, only in pre-season but no problems so far. I’ll confirm whether the draft occurs in cases anyone is interested, although it might take me a while to get there

On 20/11/2019 at 10:35, Uncle_Sam said:

Any updates?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...