Anyone else play this way? General Manager Mode or option of Playing without managing a pitch

I go on vacation before the game and let my second unemployed manager attend the game and you can just watch the game with everything controlled by your assistant’s. No subbing, no nothing.

I just participle in press conferences and hiring and firing staff primarily as Director of Football, not as a Manager on the field.

I call it General Manager mode or CPU vs CPU when playing games. 

Yep, create your Manager and an unemployed one.  You just go vacation before the game and ensure the unemployed Manager is set to attend that game. You can select all your games to be attended by the Unemployed Manager on his schedule.

LOL, you can take over as many staff functions as you like, Just not coaching games.

Doing only what GM’s do, that’s the point.

this game totally emerges you into a Football environment more than enough to keep you busy.

I will occassionally play like this, especially if I am trying to use FM as a side distraction while writing for work. Handle the transfers, get in an AM who I think can get the job done for me (and with a formation/tactic I like). Buy players, etc, and leave the matches to the AM. It is a different way of playing, to be sure, and a little nerfed now you dont get any of the credit for results (unless you play with an instant result skin). Sure it is not something the majority of people will enjoy, but it can be an interesting side project. Plus you can smash through seasons playing this way.

2 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I will occassionally play like this, especially if I am trying to use FM as a side distraction while writing for work. Handle the transfers, get in an AM who I think can get the job done for me (and with a formation/tactic I like). Buy players, etc, and leave the matches to the AM. It is a different way of playing, to be sure, and a little nerfed now you dont get any of the credit for results (unless you play with an instant result skin). Sure it is not something the majority of people will enjoy, but it can be an interesting side project. Plus you can smash through seasons playing this way.

Cool!  Can you explain to me about results and what is an instant result skin? 

You don't get credit if you actually don't play the game?

At least in the last couple of versions, if you are a manager but holiday a game and let the assistant manager take charge, he will take the credit for the win, and the stats are not stored as yours. So you do not gain win/losses (I think this is the case, anyway, it has been a while now since I played like this). Which is obviously not ideal when it comes to wanting to play a long term game.

There are, however, some skins which contain an instant result button (something that is in the FM touch version by default). This is like the holiday option, except you are responsible for picking the tactics and the team (not really ideal for playing as a pure GM). You can then use the instant result button to sim the match (your second manager can still watch the game as before). You do get the credit for these results. However, something this can be a little buggy because it is technically not designed for the full FM game (I sometimes find weird subs happening, for instance).

7 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

At least in the last couple of versions, if you are a manager but holiday a game and let the assistant manager take charge, he will take the credit for the win, and the stats are not stored as yours. So you do not gain win/losses (I think this is the case, anyway, it has been a while now since I played like this). Which is obviously not ideal when it comes to wanting to play a long term game.

There are, however, some skins which contain an instant result button (something that is in the FM touch version by default). This is like the holiday option, except you are responsible for picking the tactics and the team (not really ideal for playing as a pure GM). You can then use the instant result button to sim the match (your second manager can still watch the game as before). You do get the credit for these results. However, something this can be a little buggy because it is technically not designed for the full FM game (I sometimes find weird subs happening, for instance).

I won the MLS All Start game and got credit even though my Assistant (Unemployed Manager) went to the game, so I believe you do get credit now.

Sounds like you would be better off finding and downloading an instant result skin. I use the instant result for pretty much all of my games. I set up the team and tactics and then instant result it. You get the win/loss as if you were actually doing it. You can set up match plans for the AM to use, but I generally don't bother. Just pick the team and tactics and he'll change it as he sees fit. If you do want to try out that youngster though, the AM will almost always sub him at half time.

But yes, I don't play the actual matches either, I just instant result them.

If you have an unemployed Manager attend the game, you get credit for the game. 

I don’t want to have anything to do with tactics or managing a game that’s my point.

I prefer watching the games not simming them.

Archived