Financial Fair Play issues

Hi guys,

Struggling with FFP pre-season and wondered if there’s any way round it. Started life in League One and now in the Premier League and about to play my first season in the Champions League.

The FFP rules for the Premier League are that you must avoid making a loss of £15m over 3 seasons (the board predict I’ll make a profit of £165m over this period!) The one I’m failing with is is that “wage expenditure must not increase by more than £7m on the previous season’s expenditure unless it is funded by an uplift in revenue”.

The board gave me a transfer budget of around £70m and increased the wage budget by around £200,000 a week. Now... £7m a year is the equivalent of £135,000 a week.... I’ve sold 4 of my players from last season (2 1st team players who wanted to leave and 2 squad players). I’ve bought 5 players (including Kondogbia and Dolberg) all of which are on pretty high wages. And because of this I’m due to fail FFP. 

My questions are - is this right?! How can I only be allowed to spend an extra £135,000 a week on wages when I’ve just made it to the Champions League (and Chelsea for example have just signed Arthur and are paying him £180,000 a week). And secondly the bit about the “uplift in revenue” - presumably I will have an uplift in revenue as I’m now playing Champions League football?! But how will I know this? 

I don’t really want to be docked 5 points next season which seems to be the punishment! Any help/advice would be appreciated!

As above, if your in the champions league you make £30m or so by the group stages, so it wont matter, the same way in your first promoted season it got ignored because you made £100m or so extra in TV/Prize money, Its to stop teams down the lower end of the league going into debt by paying out more in wages than they bring in

• 1 month later...

I am playing FM12 - FFP rules were not implemented into the game at this point, but I want to know which area of the finance section would you look at, to understand if you're under or over? Is it the profit/loss section under overall season?

Archived