Get Best Teams From Division

scottmcl84

There are a few issues with the Betfred Cup in Scotland that I've raised in the bugs forum, but I'm trying to work out if I can fix them myself in the editor.

One of them is it's using the wrong teams in the first season, though it looks correct in the editor. It is correctly set to use all teams from the four playable divisions, as well as the winners of the Highland Football League and Lowland Football League (both non-playable) using "Get Best Teams From Division", but Buckie Thistle are put into the draw from the Highland League when it should be Cove Rangers.

If I look at this history of the Highland League in the editor it does show that Cove Rangers won the league, so I'm not sure why they're not in the draw. Is this something I can correct in the editor?  

I think it will work ok from the second season onwards if it's playable. Otherwise the game just picks a team seemingly at random. For the first season you still have to name the participant separately. 

I have done this to set teams for the African Champions League in earlier versions and it worked for me. 

Still not working :(

Tried reversing the order of the teams, using "all teams from division" instead, and using team index to choose a team other than the first record but whatever I try it still puts Buckie Thistle in the draw.

It's not a massive issue, but it was more just me trying to understand how the editor works so it's frustrating.

• 2 years later...
On 01/01/2019 at 18:39, scottmcl84 said:

Still not working :(

Tried reversing the order of the teams, using "all teams from division" instead, and using team index to choose a team other than the first record but whatever I try it still puts Buckie Thistle in the draw.

It's not a massive issue, but it was more just me trying to understand how the editor works so it's frustrating.

Hey,

Just for future reference, it might also be worth using the ''get last winner of competition'' as that seems to also work for me as well as best teams.