Ground sharing for a season during stadium expansion

Greetings,

My Stockport side is ground sharing with Bolton for a season whilst the capacity of our 'Jim Gannon Stadium' is increased by 10,000.

I've noticed our 'home' form is far worse than usual, AI team approaches and patterns of play would lead me to believe we do not have 'home advantage' and at best our 'nominal' home games at Bolton are treated as 'neutral' venues.

This might be working as intended of course although its quite a disadvantage for the season.

Anyone any experience of this? 

while playing as Worcester in the championship i needed to share ground with West Brom, that year i promoted as champion, i guess it does lower the home advantage, but not to a high degree, it really depends on what kind of team you are, a bottom of the table might have a lot of problems due to teams going to attack you even at your home, but if you are a top table team you can benefit you because teams will not park the bus on you

I'm about to start pre-season with a club that's risen from Level 10 to the Vanarama North, and we're about to build a new stadium that will take 2 years, so I'm about to ground-share too. I'm nervous about it for the following reason - I always tell my groundsman to prepare the smallest pitch legally allowed because my squad is young and not well physically formed and have the worst passing atts in the league. However, when the stadium is not my own I don't get that option, so the pitch size may well work against me and adversely affect results. Plus the ground is some distance from my village so I expect 'home' attendances to be down.

In a very long term FM17 save that I only closed recently (with Nuneaton Town), I had to ground-share with Leicester City while a new stadium was built.

I don't really recall any significant difference in form from what I would have expected during that season. If I remember correctly, we'd been promoted to the Championship, but with a feeble squad and were likely to struggle. We did, but stayed up. Anyway back to the point the season inc. home form played out as I anticipated. There may well be an effect but I wouldn't be overly worried.

On 06/01/2019 at 14:51, prot651 said:

So is ground sharing free ? There  must be a cost involved

There is a cost. In my club/facilities screen it tells me my annual rental payment. It also mentions how much the stadium sponsor pays out, but I presume none of that comes to me.

I'm just about to begin pre-season at the temporary stadium and I'm dismayed to find out it has a synthetic pitch. Will I sustain a load of injuries? I'm about to find out.

EDIT: Nope, the surface seems to make no difference.

Archived