Team you support

I usually find that if I start with anyone other than Sheffield Wednesday I get bored after a few games.. 

However I'm near the end of  my 1st season with Coventry and really enjoying it. They've got no money but are full of good young players, good challenge.

Anyone else always play with their own team ?

I play 2 teams - Main is Spurs, who I support.

I also sometimes do a LLM save with Stevenage - I grew up near there, went to college there at the time that they played Newcastle in the FA cup.

In my my previous years, I also did a Rangers save, but that was way back in late 97/98

I generally do either Man Utd or England on the Beta - generally England if it's a tournament summer just gone. I'll then start a game with Boston, and follow it through until we're dominating England and Europe. Once that's done with, I might do a Perth Glory save this year.

I rarely ever manage Arsenal (my last save with them was on FM16, and the last before that was on FM07). In fact, I've never made it past the first season with them, for various reasons. I'd love to do a long-term youth-oriented challenge with Arsenal in the future, though that won't be for another couple of years at least.

My second team is Millwall, and I've lost count of how many times I've managed them in CM/FM (far more often than any other team). However, I've only taken them to the Premier League twice - on CM4, and again on FMH13.

I used to only be able to play as West Ham, anything else would bore me to death. But the last 3/4 years I haven't been able to get into a save with them as I hate starting in the Premiership. I'm too caught up in trying to get up the ladder from a Sunday league manager these days. 

I always have a Manchester United save, but I usually get bored after 2-3 seasons as its just too easy. I've taken a shine to some of the teams I've managed on FM repeatedly, so I guess they count as teams I support as well. 

I never do to be honest - I never start in England either.  But I do have the league as playable in case i'm tempted to jump ship.  And also to see how the English leagues are progressing.  The thing that puts me off the PL is the amount of money in it so i've never been tempted to play as Newcastle.  Although I could be if they fell on hard times and dropped into the Chamionship.  I go along to see Darlington play too as they're my local team - but they're far too low for me.  So stick to managing teams in France, or Holland as I like those leagues.

As a Wolves fan FM19 was the first time I tried a career with them as I usually go to LLM and actually have very little interest managing them as it feels too unrealistic. I did however want to implement their current tactical system they use in real life and it was just ridiculous, almost impossible to implement on FM19 so went to Hong Kong instead!

I'm a Man City fan, and I can never get into a save as City and it has been like this since about 2010! 

Older FM/CM games I used to love trying to push us up the table and win a trophy, and i guess after the Sheikh Mansour takeover that element of the game went away and it's now just pressure to win things.  The last time I had a City save over about 5 months was in FM13 or if I've taken over at City in the future rather than from the beginning of a save

southampton & newport (isle of wight).

haven't played with saints since the championship days and haven't got one of those extended databases for my (more) local team. usually play in italy, germany, or czech republic.

The token Rosenborg save is my very first foray into every FM. Oddly enough it does only last for a couple of seasons before it gets a bit boring. Especially if the gameworld setup is uneven or the new patches mark a significant improvement.

But whenever I start such a save, I don't leave the club, as I hate when the AI takes over and destroys it in a matter of months.

Other than that, it's usually a journeyman save or one of those small country challenges.

I played as Rangers in the years when we were demoted but rarely other than then.

I generally went as an SPFL team like Aberdeen/Hearts/Hamilton/Killie and toppled Celtic's dominance then went journeyman.

Past few years I've done the same but started lower down the Scottish leagues.

I've got a pal who gets the game every year for Xmas and every year he goes his team, Leeds, and that's it. I just don't understand the appeal of that at all :idiot:. Mainly the Leeds part but also the constantly same team part since CM 01/02.

I'm at the point now where I want to probably start trying customized databases to start lower but I'm not very techy and worried I'd muck up the files somehow and corrupt the game and make it unplayable on my laptop for the year.

• 4 weeks later...

I played as City some time ago but quickly gave up the game as I didn't enjoy it. I found that my thoughts and prejudices about the real players got in the way of playing the game. I have subsequently, occasionally, played as City but only after about seven or eight years. In general, I prefer to play teams where I have no knowledge of the real life players.

Southampton supporter.  I've never, since the CM days, managed Southampton in the game with the exception of my first save in FM18 and even then I don't think I got as far as the start of the competitive games.

I started with Wolfsburg but didn't get it going. This year I am too involved with the team and there are a few disagreements with the database and my feelings too many. So I've spend a good thirty, forty hours trying to switch the attributes around. But it is boring knowing any hidden stat and I tend to either overvalue a few players or completely fail to get them play halfway true to self. 

In 17 it was easier with a failing team that yet still had many options and, more important, no team dynamics making it so much less difficult to switch the team without hurting your favourites ^^

This year I fell in love with the Leverkusen squad (this offense <3) and have some good sympathy for Bremen and its younger players. Also games started 6 or 18 month in with the failing teams. Gettinh Düsseldorf from dead last in the second league (how???)  to bgaining promotion on the last play is still one of my proudest achievements. 

I start more or less alwasy unemployed and look what I get.

For me it is the best fun to fall in love with the club witch hired me and since I start mainly as semi-pro, I am from Germany and do only use the standard leagues of the game, I start always abroad. So I do not know anything about the clubs which choose me.

I am always starting as "Sunday League Football" and without coach license.
My goal is to have Continental Pro License before I take my favorite team (FC Aris Thessalonikis).

I used to do lower league challenges all the time, and that ship has sort of sailed for me. Sometimes I start up a save but I never really have the heart to continue with it. Though I have done the occasional weak Premier League team... I did Wigan once and I won the League with Aston Villa in the second season once - That was a fun save as I had to use the transfer market for bargains.

Thesedays I start as Manchester United, since I know them inside and out. It's pretty easy going, but I don't mind.

Archived