dafuge's FM09 challenge

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mid Season Update- Boston Utd - League Two - 2011/12

So first season in League Two and top of the table at the new year. Out in the Carling Cup 2nd round to Leeds. Made it to the N Qtr Final in the JPT against Carlisle. Still in the FA Cup though with a home tie against BSN Southport in the 3rd Round. Also top of the league by 11 points. Now to win against Southport and get an away tie against a top team so I can get a youth facilities upgrade like last time.

Cool! Going to have a manager face now :D Just going to have a mess about trying to get it into the game now, is there anywhere needed to put it before I make a fool of myself and ruin FM?

Just anywhere in the graphics folder in your documents, you will need to create your own config file though.

Yate Town

Season 2012/13 final position: 16th

League Table

I think to be fair this has been a very good season. After gaining promotion the previous season via the play offs I was preparing for a very tough season. I struggled to sign any players and it showed in my form. Was very patchy all through the season, losing to the top and bottom sides, but also beating them too.

The FA trophy went well, managed to get all the way to the semi finals, where I was comfortably despatched over two legs by a very strong Wrexham side, nevertheless it left me proud.

Squad

New signings for the new season which can hopefully push me on to a strong mid table finish.

Ben Turner

Francesco Tarello

Sam Togwell

Steve Curle

Media Prediction - 23rd

My Predicition - 9th

Season			 League					  Position	  Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10			Blue Square South			13th		   
2010/11			Blue Square South			 4th			  Play off semi
2011/12		        Blue Square South			 5th		            PROMOTION
2012/13		        Blue Square Prem			 16th		 

Ramsgate - Premier League 2021/22

Transfers

Lots of bargain hunting yet again. A couple of Irish youngsters were bought for nominal fees and will be tested in the U-18's and at our feeder clubs to see how they go. Players for the first team were:

Kevin Creemers (DRC) - Signed on a free from PSV, attributes are poor but this is because he's two footed. Did well when he played and earned a full cap at the end of the season during the World Cup.

Tomas Hermansson (GK) - Snapped up from Sporting when his contract expired. Very average season.

Harry Davis (ST) - Cost 500k from Liverpool. Like all our attackers he had a poor season. Great Potential according to the coaches.

Angelo Riccadi (DRC) - was nicked from Inter Milan. Excellent first season.

Diego Mercuri (MC) - Bought from Inter for 1.5m to try replace Thompson, needs a year or 2 to develop fully but had a decent season.

Crucially, on the way out were Ross Smith and midfield star of last season, Danny Thompson. Big bids came in and the players got in a huff when I initially refused so I let them leave but never managed to adequately replace them and our season suffered.

Europe - Champions League - 1st Knockout Rnd

Seeded 3rd we were drawn with AC Milan, Benfica and AA Gent. We qualified from the group in 2nd but went out to Lyon in the next round.

League - Predicted: 7th | Final Position: 10th | Graph

We started well but never got a real run going. Then some shocking form, the worst I've had on this save saw us throw away a great points total and we were basically awful for the rest of the season drawing a stupid amount of games. Even when we scraped a win we were brutal. Most annoying, frustrating season yet as we finished in our worst position so far in the Premiership.

Cups

Community Shield - Lost to Arsenal

League Cup - Qtr Final

FA Cup - 5th Rnd

Other News

Finances go from strength to strength as we move up to 19th in the Rich List, although the lack of European football next season will have an impact. The stadium expansion taking the capacity up to 12500 will help a bit.

Club Records

Stars

Evans was out rock at the back again. A great season saw him named in the Players Premier Division Select team and pick up the Ramsgate FPOTY.

In midfield 18 year old Czech prodigy Nespor made the defensive midfield position his own. High hopes for this kid. On the wings Jarman and Rasmussen created 20 and scored 16 goals between them. Without their efforts it could have been a much worse season.

Up front everyone was pathetic. I wouldn't waste a screenshot on them.

Best Eleven: Season | Overall

European Co-efficients

Ramsgate - 60.109 (49th up from 64th)

Ramsgate Trophy Room

FA Cup - 2017/18

Championship Winners - 2018/19

League One Winners - 2015/16

Blue Square Premier League Winners - 2011/12

Blue Square South League Winners - 2010/11

FA Trophy - 2010/11

Gypsum's Merthyr Tydfil - End of season update - Premier league - 2019/20

Media prediction: 2nd

Final position: 1st

Premier League table

Champions league results (Beat Arsenal 4-2 on penalties)

Squad general info

Squad selection info

Key players;

ST Tom McKenzie - Super Tom had another stunning season for us. Despite a run of relatively poor form mid-season he stepped up when his strike partner Are Jenssen got injured and scored in his second successive Champions league final. Now has 114 league goals for Merthyr in 194 games and is the clubs all-time top scorer. McKenzie also finished runner-up in the European striker of the year awards, third in the champions league best player awards, and finished as the Premier league's top scorer for the second season running. The single most important player in my Merthyr team.

MC Craig Fraser - My single big-name signing at the beginning of the season, Fraser has proved himself worth every penny of the £17m price tag. Fraser was a creative powerhouse creating a tea record of 20 goals and scoring 14 himself. His ability saw him named amongst the elite XI in the 2020 World team of the year, crowned as the Champions league best player and also English footballer of the year. A phenomenal signing.

DRC Joseph Daley - Retrained as a right-back to cover England international Jody Howell, daley ended up forcing him out of the side with a series of sensational performances. He even threatened to break in to the centre-back pairing which together has won the European defender of the year award the last 4 years. At just 19, the American international has played in two champions league finals and has a bright future ahead of him. Signed for just £2m from Real Salt lake last season, Daley could prove to be one of the great bargains of all time.

Plans for the future...

Basically just pick up where we left off after a stunning season. I'd like to find a few more good youngsters to bring through and strengthen our reserves but that is merely a preference. The board have announced the installation of under-soil heating, but interestingly the council have blocked a move to expand the stadium beyond its current 26,000 capacity. So hopefully we could be on target for a new stadium, especially as I had a £30m transfer budget surplus which sees our current bank balance standing at £82.5m. Or maybe i'll just go all out to sign the world's best striker Jonathan Verdu.

Year             League    Position      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10          BSS        1st
2010/11          BSP        1st
2011/12          L2         1st
2012/13          L1         4th           FA Cup Semi-finalists
2013/14          CH         6th 
2014/15          CH         5th          Qualified via playoffs / FA Cup quarter finalists
2015/16          PL         7th
2016/17          PL         2nd          UEFA Cup winners
2017/18          PL         3rd
2018/19          PL         1st           League cup winners / Champions league winners
2019/20          PL         1st           Champions league winners

Boston United - Season 3 - Coca-Cola League One - 2011/2012

Media Prediction - 24th

Final Position - 1st

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - N Qtr Final

Carling Cup - 2nd Round

FA Cup - 5th Round

League Table

Position Graph

Transfers

Finances

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Awards

Manager of Season

Team of Season

League               Season    Finished  Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square North    09/10       3rd    Won Playoff Final.
Blue Square Premier  10/11       4th    Won Playoff Final.
Coca-Cola League Two 11/12       1st    Champions

Midway through October in my second season and my tactic of leaving both wingers (players with best dribbling skills in the team) up field when defending corners has finally worked a treat. Ball lumped clear from the corner by one of my centre halves, one winger is first to the ball, plays a one two with the other winger, has a clean run on the keeper from the half way line and slips the ball under him. 1-0 to the Gloucester :cool:

Wembley Wembley! We're the famous Boston United and we're going to Wembley! :D:D

We actually sing that :D Except replace "we're going" with "we've been"...

On the game, we just beat Chelsea at home 4-2.. they hadn't conceded in over 300 minutes, but we stuck 4 past them. Man of the Match was 18 year old Shaun Wright, who is a youth team graduate. Chelsea manager John Terry now thinks we'll stay up...

In 19th place, with 9 games to go and 2 points from 17th. York Street is under reconstruction, so we can only fit 5900 in at the moment - will go up to 12000 in April sometime.

We actually sing that :D Except replace "we're going" with "we've been"...

On the game, we just beat Chelsea at home 4-2.. they hadn't conceded in over 300 minutes, but we stuck 4 past them. Man of the Match was 18 year old Shaun Wright, who is a youth team graduate. Chelsea manager John Terry now thinks we'll stay up...

In 19th place, with 9 games to go and 2 points from 17th. York Street is under reconstruction, so we can only fit 5900 in at the moment - will go up to 12000 in April sometime.

Haha! Loving that song :D

Nice win, and you must of done something right, because JT never praises anybody but Chelsea :D

Still in L2, and getting crowds of like 3-4K so I don't need more seats. But I have asked for an expansion before and the board can't expand because the council owns it, how wierd :confused:

Yeah, IRL the club don't own the ground and the lease won't be extended when it ends in a few years time. Whatever the situation, you're ground gets expanded to 12000 upon promotion to the Premier League.

EDIT: Next game is home to bottom club Sunderland, who are managed by Steven Gerrard - he's started a war of words, saying their morale is high, despite losing their last 3 games and 8 points adrift of us :D

Chelseadaft Hemel Hempstead Season 4 2012/13 Blue Square Premier - Champions!

An amazing season!. It was between us and Wrexham all the way to the death but we managed to cling on and we are champions.

I started the new season with decisions to make about the strength of the side. I still felt i had a good squad but there were particular areas that i needed to strengthen from the squad that got me promoted last season via the play off final

Playoff final

GK Hansen

DR Clark

DC Obed

DC Blackwood

DL Oshodi

MR Ajdarevic

MC Krenn

MC Hofbauer

ML Saied

ST Uchechi

ST Nielsen

SUBS

Fox (Going in the summer)

Spencer (going in the summer)

Ibrahim

Diao-Jimenez

Woodford

Injured Elabdellaoui

So out went the following 1st team squad players:

Fox

Spencer

Ibrahim

Along with unused squad/reserve players

Simmonds

Bailey

Mitchell.

In came:

Boertin

Williams

Bradley (Loan for season)

Pinney (Loan for season)

Oastler (Loan for season)

Bowditch (Last transfer window signing)

So my squad was stronger and the boys did amazing. If you look at the league table you will see we only conceeded 17 goals in the league and lost only 3 games! It was an outstanding performance.

The back 5 were

Hansen

Oastler

Obed

Blackwood

Boertin

These 5 were outstanding all season. I very rarely changed them throughout the season unless they were unfit or i was playing lower league in the cups. The provided the solid base that my midfielders and forwards built on.

All in all i was very surprised at how well we did for such a previously low rep team but as the chart above shows were were there or thereabouts for most of the season. Wrexham beat us towards the end of the season but we picked ourselves up again and got back to winning ways and took the title..

Well pleased. Other Screenies below:

Playerstats

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Roll on the Football League!

Season          League                   Position                 Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10         Blue Square South         11th                    None
2010/11         Blue Square South         10th                    None
2011/12         Blue Square South          2nd                    Promoted via Play Off's
2012/13         Blue Square Premier        1st                    Title winners

Reached the FA Cup 3rd Round for the 2nd year in a row!

It was another dirty one! :p

I guess 3rd round is where we will lose as we have picked up an away tie to Premiership side Aston Villa!

Well we gave it a shot!

I can' believe it. Just so chuffed with them. They're unhappy with my press conference when I said it was a very spirited defeat as they feel they don't deserve the praise. :confused:

@ChelseaDaft: How did you get Hofbauer to perform? I play him on the left side of CM. Where di you play him?

Well we gave it a shot!

I can' believe it. Just so chuffed with them. They're unhappy with my press conference when I said it was a very spirited defeat as they feel they don't deserve the praise. :confused:

@ChelseaDaft: How did you get Hofbauer to perform? I play him on the left side of CM. Where di you play him?

I played him on the left wing. I am playing 4-4-2 standard from the default tactics you get with the game and take the arrows off of the forward running midfielders. He plays ok there.. but i rotate with with my other winger saied.

Beat Sunderland emphatically 3-0, and we're a point behind 17th, with a game in hand and a better gaol difference :) Disappointed to only get a crowd of 10,411 when the capacity is now 12,500 :(

The game in hand is at home to 14th place Hull, who we beat away earlier in the season (our first win of the season). Victory would put us 2 points behind them.

Beat Sunderland emphatically 3-0, and we're a point behind 17th, with a game in hand and a better gaol difference :) Disappointed to only get a crowd of 10,411 when the capacity is now 12,500 :(

The game in hand is at home to 14th place Hull, who we beat away earlier in the season (our first win of the season). Victory would put us 2 points behind them.

If you stay up they'll probably come.

A club record crowd of 12,383 saw The Pilgrims beat in-form Hull City 1-0 at York Street, as they moved up to 16th in the table... 2 points clear of the relegation spots with just 7 games remaining. Record receipts of £275k were also taken :D

Congrats Scotty, just wish I could win, I've fell from 1st to 4th, I think the Cup Final is getting to their heads -.-

This week is taking forever :( The sooner I get to play in this Final the better :D!

EDIT:

Damn! I'm absolutley gutted, we didn't deserve to lose and their last goal was a complete fluke :(

A club record crowd of 12,383 saw The Pilgrims beat in-form Hull City 1-0 at York Street, as they moved up to 16th in the table... 2 points clear of the relegation spots with just 7 games remaining. Record receipts of £275k were also taken :D

It's a good sign that the fans are turning up to watch you survive. Although being Boston, I imagine all the terrace chants are in Lithuanian!

Tycoon takeover?

Just noticed last night, Arsenal with all their riches were taken over by a tycoon a couple of years ago. Charlton too, now they're dominating the league.

Still Randy Lerner.

Portsmouth, Newcastle & Liverpool have had takeovers from within. Fulham got a consortium. That's it for my current Premiership.

Boston United - League 2 - 2015/16

This season went really well, up until the games leading up to the JPT Final. As the Graph shows we weren't really ever out of the Playoff places. We finished 4th but on the last day, Rushden lost to Shrewsbury, so if they had drawn we would of been 3rd.

Our finances went really well the trip to Wembley brought in loads, as you can see the month before we had brought in a profit of 350k+ all from Wembley. The team was rather strong and we made a few transfers, possibly the busiest I have been for a while.

At the end of the day/season, we should of really been promoted. But there will be a silver lining to this dark cloud. We will be able to strenghten the team and then be able to finish in the Automatic Promotion places and then be able to be better prepared for L1.

My aims for next season are really just to strenghten the team and get promoted.

Season          League                   Position                 Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
09/10             BSN                        12th                         N/A
10/11             BSN                        15th                         N/A
11/12             BSN                        1st                   League Winners
12/13             BSP                        2nd                   PlayOff Winners
13/14             L2                         8th                         N/A
14/15             L2                         9th                         N/A
15/16             L2                         4th                JPT Finalists/Playoffs

In my game (2020) Newcastle have been taken over by a Puerto Rican tycoon and are one of the top clubs. Sheffield Wednesday were taken over by an Icelandic tycoon (there's no credit crunch in FM!) and are usually amongst the top 5. Liverpool got rid of Hicks and got taken over by an Englishman and have since gone bankrupt and are now mid table strugglers in the Premiership. Man City have still got the Arab owner but they have got through so many managers that they have failed to achieve anything significant, regularly finishing lower/mid-table.

I wondered if all my Merthyr youth products would continue to be Welsh after the introduction of the Youth Academy, and it would appear not. Here is my first foreigner to come through the academy, 16 year-old New Zealander Ben Taylor. He looks pretty promising too, if a bit of a midget! I assume he came via our affiliation with Australian club Perth Glory.

I wondered if all my Merthyr youth products would continue to be Welsh after the introduction of the Youth Academy, and it would appear not. He is my first foreigner to come through the academy, 16 year-old New Zealander Ben Taylor. He looks pretty promising too, if a bit of a midget! I assume he came via our affiliation with Australian club Perth Glory.

He looks decent, I have had players come through worse than him go on to be good premiership players.

Not going out tonight so going to give this a go (but im loving my Luton game at the min its a hard choice) I really only want to manage FC United so my might be doing this for a while until they are promoted. I read a few pages but would take me hours to read everything just wondered how people have got on with staduim expansions,training ground etc

FC United - 2012/2013 - Coca Cola League 1

What to say about our first season in the League 1, just not good enough. Although we did get into the playoffs we never looked unbeatable as we did the last 3 seasons. The tactics didn’t suit the team anymore so it took almost the first half of the season to figure out a new decent tactic. With the new tactic we managed to get ourselves a playoff spot but playoffs are not meant for me in my FM-career, never achieved promotion through the playoffs so the result was no surprise.

But looking back on the season it’s better we didn’t get promoted. I fear that the squad would be stretched to thin in the Championship. So for next season we going to build on this result, bring in a few players who are better than the current starting 11 and get ourselves promoted. Come on FC United!!!

league table

league graph

squad

]Joe Martin Best Player and joined the club for free.

Gavin Hoyte. Captain and solid rock at the back. Seems to capable to grow every season since he joined us in the Blue Square North.

Tom Kirby. Should turn out a good Premiership left back according to my scouts. A real bargain for only 60k.

Paul Richardson. Topscorer in his first full season at the club. Needs a good striking partner who enables him to score more.

League                  Season           Finished        Achievements
=====================================================================
Blue Square North       2009/2010        1st             BSN Title
Blue Square Premier     2010/2011        1st             BSP Title
Coca Cola League 2      2011/2012        1st             CCL2 Title
Coca Cola League 1      2012/2013        5th             playoffs semi-final

Archived