dafuge's FM09 challenge

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is getting a bit annoying now, Arsenal are just insanely good in my game.

League Table

They have just beaten me at home, 1-0, pretty much ending my chances of the title. Their goal difference is scary.

Guess who I've got next in the CL semi finals, Arsenal :(

daf, when did you get your new stadium with FCUM?

also, how big was your bank balance at the time? while I have to struggle with a sugar daddy-led Huddersfield (rather than Arsenal, thankfully), I also have to battle the constraints on my attendances.

daf, when did you get your new stadium with FCUM?

also, how big was your bank balance at the time? while I have to struggle with a sugar daddy-led Huddersfield (rather than Arsenal, thankfully), I also have to battle the constraints on my attendances.

It was finally built in 2027, although my finances were not massive, perhaps around the £40m mark. They also took out a bank loan of £11.5m to fund it.

FA Trophy Semi-Final Second Leg

I knew we'd do it at home :cool:

Hawes chooses a great time to get his first goal of the season. He was in for my first choice right back as Bowler had given away 2 pens in the first 10 mins in the last 3 games.

We've looked like a different club since Ali G 1 returned. Hopefully this is what will help me to back to back promotions.

Don't mean to be annoying, but has anyone got a save with either Kendal or Canvey Island promoted? Because I'm on my nearly 40th reload and they haven't came up once! :mad: Though i have just seen Cambridge City go into the Blue square North... :confused:

Maidstone Season 19 Update 2027/28 - Premier League

Premier League Prediction 1st

Premier League Position - 1st

FA Cup – Runners Up

League Cup - Winners

Community Shield – Runners Up

Champions League - Winners

Club World Cup - Winners

UEFA Super Cup - Winners

League Table - League Positions

Another comfortable season saw me win my 10th league and champion’s league titles, this also season saw an end to my 80 game premier league unbeaten record. I also strolled to success in the league cup, Super cup and club world cup. My success is built on my rock solid defence, I conceded the least and 4 of those were in last game of season when I fielded reserves. I don’t score very many however and I am hoping to develop a more attacking formation and have the best attack in the league.

Club Info

Squad

Finances

Transfers

Manager Info

Personal

League         Season    Finished   Achievements
------------------------------------------------
BSS            2009/10   10th
BSS            2010/11   1st        BSS League Title
BSP            2011/12   1st        BSP League Title
League 2       2012/13   1st        League 2 Title
League 1       2013/14   2nd
Championship   2014/15   16th
Championship   2015/16   1st        Championship Title
Premiership    2016/17   7th        
Premiership    2017/18   4th       
Premiership    2018/19   1st        League Title, Champions League
Premiership    2019/20   1st        League Title, Champions League
Premiership    2020/21   1st        League Title, Champions League
Premiership    2021/22   1st        League Title, Champions League
Premiership    2022/23   1st        League Title, Champions League
Premiership    2023/24   1st        League Title, Champions League
Premiership    2024/25   1st        League Title, Champions League
Premiership    2025/26   1st        League Title, Champions League
Premiership    2026/27   1st        League Title, Champions League
Premiership    2027/28   1st        League Title, Champions League

Other Honours:

Setanta Shield: 2010/11

FA Trophy: 2011/12

FA Cup: 2016/17, 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2024/25, 2025/26, 2026/27

Community Shield: 2017/18, 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2024/25, 2026/27

UEFA Super Cup: 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2023/24, 2024/25, 2025/26, 2025/26, 2026/27, 2027/28

Club World Cup: 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2023/24, 2024/25, 2025/26, 2026/27, 2027/28

League Cup: 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22, 2024/25, 2026/27, 2027/28

International Honours:

Confederations Cup: 2025

World Cup: 2026

Dover Project

So I have decided to give Dover £10m a season, this will be done by loaning a player off of them with a £10m loan fee. The players loan will be terminated immediately after he has signed with me.

Dover are also a feeder club of mine and so will be sent players on loan if they want to go that low.

Season 2

BSP Predicted 22nd.

Finished 6th.

Dover moved upto 42nd in England Rich List and are listed as rich.

Facilities are currently.

Fairly Basic Training

Minimal Youth

Havant & W             2 - 0       Swindon S
C. Henry
G. Bowes

Welling                1 - 3       Swindon S
L. Fazakerley                      A. Taylor
                                  L. Smith (2)

Swindon S              3 - 0       Staines
J. Craddock (2)
P. Owen

Dorchester             1 - 1       Swindon S
C. Cort                            N. Stanley

Hemel Hempstead        0 - 3       Swindon S
                                  S. Weir-Daley (2)
                                  S. Taylor

Unbeaten in the league this month :cool: Has taken me up to 5th. Out of the conference cup too but through to the 3rd qualifying round of the FA Cup after beating big favourites(!?) Hemel Hempstead in the second round. Captured Weir-Daley before the Hemel game after ages trying and he had an immediate effect, he looks incredible for this level. Dorchester are just like a who's who of Premiership rejects, mental.

I've plumped for Horsham for my 2nd attempt at this years challenge, following the loss of my Boreham Wood game. It's been a very rough start, struggling to find the net and not looking like putting up any kind of fight for the top half in our first season.

After a decent start to the season we are struggling big time in the middle period. Problem is there is absolutely nothing wrong with my tactic. My Ass Man isn't pointing out any glaring problems in any area of the game, we simply just aren't winning matches. Missing my number 1 signing up front for all but 4 matches of the season so far hasn't helped.

It's very frustrating knowing I'm not doing anything wrong, my players simply aren't up to it

After my first Premiership transfer window, I think that there could be a few problems with injuries if they hit, as I have only 18 players in the first team squad, with only one goalkeeper as I sold off most of the backups to generate transfer funds. I have finally managed to find a good keeper to replace Amos though, Francisco Guillermo Ochoa ha joined on a free and is the only 7 star player in my first team squad!

it looks like I'm going to have to take a much more active hand in scouting - I just found a handful of future EPL players just from manually looking at U-21 teams. that's a pity, my scouts should really be focusing their attention on such players.

Do you have scouts assigned to all the U21, U20 International competitions? I usually get a few reports on previously unnoticed players when one of these tournaments is on.

Usually you can only assign a scout to the competition just before it starts or while its on but the assignment stays on the scouts list and they will continue to scout that tournament each time it comes around.

I always did wonder how a scout currently in the depths of Scandanavia or some such can also be at the U20 SAM Championship but I'm not complaining if they find decent players :D

hey everyone. Been away since sept so have only just got FM and have started on this straight away after playing(and Failing!) it for the last 3 seasons. AS my Internet at homes not up I can only update from work hence no screenies yet. But I've beeen saving them as I go so be prepared for a monstor update when it comes! :-)

Am playing as Dover and am halfway through my first season where I am 4th after 20odd games.

Just wanted to say congrats to everyone thats completed the challenge! Have been reading all 98 pages at work this week!

Hmm, I'm wondering whether or not to sign Kinkladze. He wants a two year contract and I know he won't be able to last, I offered a one year and he wasn't happy with the duration.. I've offered him a two year deal, still thinking about signing him, I'll have to think this one over thoroughly :(

Any input on whether I should sign him or not, would be greatly appreciated :)

Hmm, I'm wondering whether or not to sign Kinkladze. He wants a two year contract and I know he won't be able to last, I offered a one year and he wasn't happy with the duration.. I've offered him a two year deal, still thinking about signing him, I'll have to think this one over thoroughly :(

Any input on whether I should sign him or not, would be greatly appreciated :)

Post a screenshot and i'll offer my services as a scout!

Here he is, I know he isn't fast or anything, but ability wise, he is miles better than most of my midfielders. I just don't think I can afford to have him for 2 seasons :(

For a minimal fee of course! ;)

Speaking from personal experience, I found younger, more athetic players to be of more use in the lower leagues than those who were older and more technical. And my 30+ players in the early years with Merthyr were generally disappointing and often outplayed by my own youth products.

It depends what you need in your squad though. By the looks of it he could be a decent playmaker, but he will be pretty much static in the middle of the pitch and will leave the strikers almost unsupported with his lack of pace and stamina. If he's going to leave your club struggling to pay his wages i'd give him a miss. I wasted a lot of money on experienced players on big money who did absolutely nothing for the club, when the money could be spent better on younger talent. So i'd keep an eye out for some more dynamic, if less technically gifted players and save yourself the money.

Archived