Football Manager 2020 - The Arsenal Edition

43 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

well obviously, but i'm referring to the barrier that it would cause to get a full league license 

At this point, I don’t see that happening anyway. It would be very expensive to do, which would mean an increase to the cost to the player. 

Plus, it’s so easy to resolve though packs that it doesn’t really add anything for that increased cost.

4 hours ago, gunner86 said:

At this point, I don’t see that happening anyway. It would be very expensive to do, which would mean an increase to the cost to the player. 

Plus, it’s so easy to resolve though packs that it doesn’t really add anything for that increased cost.

with that attitude, why do we have licenses for any league? 

4 minutes ago, EdL said:

You cannot, presently get a full league licence, EA have an exclusive deal. It does provision I believe for a company to do 2 individual deals, which is the territory we are in here.

ok, thank you for the explanation. i should have known that EA had an exclusive deal. One more reason for me to hate them

This edition seems a bit pointless. One goes to the community and gets the packs for every team, for free. And doesn't seem to be illegal since SI seem to have a partnership with those websites (I just pre-ordered FM20 for 39€ in one of those sites).

19 hours ago, 99 said:

This edition seems a bit pointless. One goes to the community and gets the packs for every team, for free. And doesn't seem to be illegal since SI seem to have a partnership with those websites (I just pre-ordered FM20 for 39€ in one of those sites).

SI don't have a partnership with those sites, you either got it from somewhere that sends you a Steam key or you've got someone that sends you a CD Keys key, which from what I remember isn't very well liked.

3 horas atrás, bigmattb28 disse:

SI don't have a partnership with those sites, you either got it from somewhere that sends you a Steam key or you've got someone that sends you a CD Keys key, which from what I remember isn't very well liked.

No man ofcourse I'm not buying CD keys... I'm sorry if I shouldn't publish the link, but I bought here at sortitoutsi: https://sortitoutsi.net/shop/product/11/football-manager-2020

That's legit.

I expect Arsenal's stadium will look identical to the Emirates stadium on the match engine in the Arsenal edition? Or is that expecting too much.. ;)

Newcastle's st James Park looked like st James park on FM18, but then nothing like it on FM19.. so they do have the ability to make stadiums look like real life on FM, so for a specific club edition you would expect the home match day stadium to be realistic too?

Also like as already been said, this is nothing new. we had an Arsenal edition of FM before.. infact  we had it 2 years in a row (Football Manager 2010 and Football Manager 2011 both had Arsenal editions)

Which just included the team logo, kit, player images and a different main menu image. Which was also all stuff you could get from fan sites back then too.

• 3 weeks later...

A question.

So this will give players the Arsenal logo and proper kits with sponsor etc. I.e. if you pay extra you get one extra licensed team, in the same way you get the full Bundesliga licensed already?

I see there is also a Valencia edition. Now again, someone can only have one or the other, Arsenal or Valencia? What if they would like both of them licensed in the same game? It isn't possible?

25 minutes ago, WojciechZed said:

A question.

So this will give players the Arsenal logo and proper kits with sponsor etc. I.e. if you pay extra you get one extra licensed team, in the same way you get the full Bundesliga licensed already?

I see there is also a Valencia edition. Now again, someone can only have one or the other, Arsenal or Valencia? What if they would like both of them licensed in the same game? It isn't possible?

You wouldn't be able to have both running at the same time, you could buy both, but that would be silly.

And you don't pay extra, both the standard and Arsenal editions are the same price (through the FM store at least). I assume it's the same for the Valencia one too.

3 hours ago, WojciechZed said:

A question.

That is the exact problem I spoke about earlier. it's dumb

This is not the first edition we have had in recent years. I can't recall the year but Everton have had their own edition and for a year (before the partnership began), Watford had the edition too. It is not anything new. It is good that we went up slowly from big to bigger team. 

Give us a beautifully modelled and accurate version of the licensed clubs home ground and I'd be well interested. That means looking at something realistic for 50% of your games.........big plus. As it stands, no reason to buy but there is so much potential in this.

Edited by janrzm

On 21/10/2019 at 06:05, janrzm said:

Give us a beautifully modelled and accurate version of the licensed clubs home ground and I'd be well interested. That means looking at something realistic for 50% of your games.........big plus. As it stands, no reason to buy but there is so much potential in this.

Yup you could double your sales right there ... head in the sand thinking . Maybe need a new breed of programers

49 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Yup you could double your sales right there ... head in the sand thinking . Maybe need a new breed of programers

I think expecting them to double their sales off of a few fully licenced stadia seems pretty far fetched.

Edited by gunner86

I've always kinda wondered whether there were different versions of FM going around every year.

There seems to be one where managers seem to get their forwards scoring at fantastic rates, sometimes even more consistent ones than any forward in world football, over the longer term.

And then there must be another one. On that release it seems forwards would be nerfed to…… well, Gunners levels. Every time it matters most, they would bottle it.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15118/10189870/wasteful-arsenals-premier-league-title-hopes-hit-by-poor-finishing
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9281309/arsenal-aubameyang-premier-league-unlucky-wasteful/
https://www.fotmob.com/news/1t6uob1qgavb7131vvf9sra9vt-wenger-rues-poor-finishing-as-arsenal's-title-hopes-stutter
http://dailycannon.com/2017/12/30-shots-per-goal-but-wenger-says-bad-finishing-is-part-of-the-game/ 

Given SI's pursuit of realism, and given there's Reports on that on Arsenal like every single year, this Special Rage Quit Edition has gotta be it. If you're in for the added challenge, by all means go for it. Else, get the Man City Edition instead. :P 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 30/11/2019 at 14:13, kevaggel said:

Do you know if there is a boxed version ?

I am interesting to get one and gifted to a friend.

Only available as a digital purchase I'm afraid. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, EdL said:

As far as I am aware the extra Arsenal assests are distributed as DLC item not a different product, can you check your DLC for the game?

Yes, they are distributed as a DLC, but from what I could gather on SteamDB, you can only see the DLC if you've got one of these packages activated on Steam:

Football Manager 2020 - The Arsenal Edition - Pre Purchase - [Digital] (WW)

Football Manager 2020 - The Arsenal Edition - Retail - [Digital] (WW)

If when activating the product on Steam you get either of these, you can access and download the DLC.
But the key I've got from the FM Store was activated as Football Manager 2020 - Retail - [Digital] (WW), which doesn't let me access the DLC.

https://steamdb.info/app/1100740/info/

• Administrators
On 28/12/2019 at 01:10, Forbidden404 said:

Yes, they are distributed as a DLC, but from what I could gather on SteamDB, you can only see the DLC if you've got one of these packages activated on Steam:

Football Manager 2020 - The Arsenal Edition - Pre Purchase - [Digital] (WW)

Football Manager 2020 - The Arsenal Edition - Retail - [Digital] (WW)

If when activating the product on Steam you get either of these, you can access and download the DLC.
But the key I've got from the FM Store was activated as Football Manager 2020 - Retail - [Digital] (WW), which doesn't let me access the DLC.

https://steamdb.info/app/1100740/info/

Okay please contact the Store support directly, this can be done here - https://store.footballmanager.com/uk/en/docs/email_support

Hopefully they'll be able to investigate and resolve this for you. Thanks.