FMT 20 Features scope

Hi @Alistair Skewes, is there confirmation yet on which of the FM20 features will/won't be making it into FMT20? Or is it too early?

I would suspect that perhaps 'Backroom Staff' doesn't make the cut from the list below(?).

Club Vision

Develop a culture, work with the board to achieve ongoing objectives and plot a course for your club to progress in seasons to come.

Development Centre

An all-encompassing hub that allows you to nurture your young stars through the youth ranks until they’re ready for first-team action.

Playing Time Pathway

Build in current and future playing time across a player’s contract, defining a clear pathway from Fringe Player to Star Player and everything in between.

Backroom Staff

New roles, advice and interaction makes your staff more important than ever and brings the game closer to the structure of a real-life backroom team.

Graphic Improvements

Redesigned player and manager models, improved lighting and overhauled pitch visuals combine to create the best-looking match experience to date.

• Administrators

@rich10 I would wait until there's more information on FMT. 

FMT is its own game, while some features do make their way over it's best to wait for more info to see it.

Graphics Improvements are a given (least on PC), in any case but as the news is more about PC right now, I'd wait for specific FMT announcements for other platforms that will hopefully come.

I think we should expect to see Playing Time Pathway as it seems to be a part of negotiating contracts. Don't think we'll see the new backroom staff additions though.

Would be terrific if club vision is brought over as well as that would add an interesting element to long term saves and more variety from team to team.

I'd really like to see the league limit raising depending on the tablet model/power.

It's frustrating using an iPad Pro and being limited to 3 countries, when it has as much if not more processing power than my MacBook that can comfortably run 10

Edited by TopToffee

On 20/09/2019 at 20:26, TopToffee said:

I'd really like to see the league limit raising depending on the tablet model/power.

It's frustrating using an iPad Pro and being limited to 3 countries, when it has as much if not more processing power than my MacBook that can comfortably run 10

This is top of the wishlist for me!

• SI Staff

Hi all, glad you're all keen to hear about what will be in for FMT20!

Nothing to report... yet... but we'll keep you all updated as and when we can reveal more - hopefully won't be too long of a wait...

On 20/09/2019 at 09:01, rich10 said:

Club Vision

Develop a culture, work with the board to achieve ongoing objectives and plot a course for your club to progress in seasons to come.

Playing Time Pathway

Build in current and future playing time across a player’s contract, defining a clear pathway from Fringe Player to Star Player and everything in between.

Graphic Improvements

Redesigned player and manager models, improved lighting and overhauled pitch visuals combine to create the best-looking match experience to date.

I'd be surprised if these aren't in it, and surprised if the others were.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of features I would like to see altered, is the limit of playing only three nations. I think that could be upped to 5 (dependant on the league playing database size). 

I would also like the potential to either assign a player pic to a created player in ‘create a club mode’ as the head the AI select is usually bizarre at best.

Also when  on ‘create a club’ if you chose affiliated club and then ‘same board’ and ‘same kits’ it totally ignores that once you load up the game, which is disappointing.

All in all though  I am a big fan of FMT and look forward to the next release.

I cant wait to hear of improvements for the Nintendo Switch version. Even though I play the regular FM on steam it is so nice to have the FMTouch on Switch. In the first two installments I did not notice any improvements when it came to performance/speed of the game but it still functioned well. Hope to see even more this time.

On 19/10/2019 at 13:45, Romulan said:

I cant wait to hear of improvements for the Nintendo Switch version. Even though I play the regular FM on steam it is so nice to have the FMTouch on Switch. In the first two installments I did not notice any improvements when it came to performance/speed of the game but it still functioned well. Hope to see even more this time.

Agreed!

On 15/10/2019 at 08:54, Lucas said:

FMT news will come when it's ready, but there are some release dates: 

Less than a month away and not a whisper about FM Touch. Doesn't fill me with confidence.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Wanson said:

Less than a month away and not a whisper about FM Touch. Doesn't fill me with confidence.

There was a stream yesterday, now up on Youtube of Match Engine footage :thup:

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/09/2019 at 20:26, TopToffee said:

I quite agree with these sentiments. If it was an issue on the size of the player pool, perhaps you could just select certain leagues from countries, as long as say the player pool was under 20,000 players. That way if you are playing top-tier football with say Arsenal, you could turn on yer top leagues only from France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Holland. If you were managing a Premiership team you would less likely be inclined to want to search through players who are good enough for level 4/5.

Stuart

Edited by Musestar

The problem is, it doesn't matter much if you have a tablet with higher specs and more RAM, because android and IOS limits the amount of max RAM an app can use.

This what i understood from a comment from one of the mods.

So because of that limitation, the game can't be stretch much more.

Perhaps, FMT to grow in terms of beeing able to allow more leagues/countries at the same time, something must be improved in the OS, android or IOS.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

The problem is, it doesn't matter much if you have a tablet with higher specs and more RAM, because android and IOS limits the amount of max RAM an app can use.

This what i understood from a comment from one of the mods.

So because of that limitation, the game can't be stretch much more.

Perhaps, FMT to grow in terms of beeing able to allow more leagues/countries at the same time, something must be improved in the OS, android or IOS.

Yep, Tablets don't work like PCs. If an app on Tablet goes over a threshold for memory then the device will just kill it on purpose so it can keep running.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Yep, Tablets don't work like PCs. If an app on Tablet goes over a threshold for memory then the device will just kill it on purpose so it can keep running.

So, if this is something that it due to the OS system of the tablet, perhaps with upgrading the OS will improve the way that the RAM is managed.

For example, FMT19 could run with android 5.0.... we now are have android 9 or 10. The way that the RAM work it's still the same?

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

So, if this is something that it due to the OS system of the tablet, perhaps with upgrading the OS will improve the way that the RAM is managed.

For example, FMT19 could run with android 5.0.... we now are have android 9 or 10. The way that the RAM work it's still the same?

Fundamentally yes its still the same, later OSes don't suddenly always free up more RAM memory as devices only have so much in the first place,

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Any news about the compatibility list?

No, in past years it's been a few days before or on release, so I would check back later.