How to get rid of continental qualification?

Wild Dog

Hi

I'm currently trying to make an American league system with inspiration from NBA and NFL in the advanced rules editor. But I have one problem.

I would like to have no teams from my league qualify for the CONCACAF Champions League. I don't care if American (or Canadian) teams from lower divisions qualify as long as none of the 32 teams in my "NFL" league does.

In the "Competition" tab I have ticked the box in "Continental Cup Qualification" and chosen "No team qualifies" but to no avail.

Is it even possible?

• 1 month later...

There's another way that should be more compatible (because it doesn't depend on any specific continental competition and lets you keep your edits self-contained):

In the advanced rules under your new competition in there SHOULD be an entire section (similar to the fixture dates or TV money sections) called "continental cup qualification" or something similar. I'm at work so I can't check in the editor directly. But it basically decides what teams count as "qualifying for continental competition from the league" (spots from domestic cups, if the club continental rules qualify teams from there, aren't included on that page).

So if you edit that page in your nation's top division (as decided by the division levels set in nation rules), you can basically make whatever weird-ass continental qualification order you like, even one that ignores that division entirely (SI's default rules for MLS use it to handle the notoriously complicated way that MLS hands out continental spots (it even handles the exclusions for Canadian teams properly), so when you first edit the advanced rules for the USA you can look at that page and see how it works. For example, I have a personal edit to the Canadian Premier League custom DB, that uses that page to give a continental spot to the Voyageurs' Cup runner-up,, the CPL champion, and then falling back by places in the CPL overall table., but specifically excluding the MLS B-teams I moved into the CPL).