FM14 error code 0

Hi,

I'm an avid FM14 player and have logged some 1100 hrs game time. I purchased the in-game editor from the in-game store some time ago. Recently, my HDD burned out and I had to purchase new and re-download the game. Obviously, the in-game editor was no present, so I went to the in-game shop to buy it again and was confronted with an error message: "A general error has occurred within the store General Error 0". I have cleared cache, verified game files, and searched the various websites for an answer and, while I have seen many people with the same problem, I have not found an answer that works. I would be grateful for any help.

Thank you

Gruff

I have the same error code 0  - FM14 is the best version of the game in my opinion and as expected steam pass the blame over to sega who have no answer to this error code. The game looks broken, proberly a marketing stunt to force us into purchasing a newer version of the game.

I have searched for answers to this error code and looking at the items that I have found, does suggest that this is an issue with the steam store, particularly with trying to re-download older downloads.  Have you tried closing down steam and re-booting it, or even uninstalling and reinstalling steam?  Apart from that there is little more that I can suggest apart from not letting steam off the hook, as it certainly appears to be their issue.

Thanks FrazT, I have re-installed steam. Re-installed Fm14 several times. Verified integrity of files. Cleared cache, basically ran out of ideas after trawling through forums. So I contacted Sega who basically said it is broken and won't be getting fixed and steam are denying anything to do with it. They did however ask to send over log files but this folder is empty. I have had communication with 3 different sega reps none of which can get to the bottom of it. Fingers crossed FM20 will be as good but I do doubt it

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
6 minutes ago, markyboy said:

I've got the same issue. poor show to be honest. it's like someone selling you a car and then 5 years later coming along and taking your wheels away.

Please contact SEGA at help@sega.co.uk for support. Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Try this as ive had issues with FM17

On 10/10/2019 at 05:10, Gruff66 said:

Hi,

I'm an avid FM14 player and have logged some 1100 hrs game time. I purchased the in-game editor from the in-game store some time ago. Recently, my HDD burned out and I had to purchase new and re-download the game. Obviously, the in-game editor was no present, so I went to the in-game shop to buy it again and was confronted with an error message: "A general error has occurred within the store General Error 0". I have cleared cache, verified game files, and searched the various websites for an answer and, while I have seen many people with the same problem, I have not found an answer that works. I would be grateful for any help.

Thank you

Gruff

Try this as ive had issues with FM17 from steam

Type CMD in search box ( open/click Administration mode )

Then type.... netsh winsock reset ( This will be next to your name )

Then press enter twice 

Resart computer 

Then log into steam and it should download about 150mb 

While in steam start the game 

Might work ?

• 3 months later...

I too have literally just come across this issue , last week I had no issues , the only difference is , I’ve had to buy a new PC , redownloaded Steam which of course recognised I was using a different PC , continued to redownload the games and clear download caches - just being hit with the Error Code 0 every time I load up any of the FM’s I got in my library. Surely this is quite a common issue if this is due to people buying new PC’s , I’ll contact Sega but I’m expecting the usually trife , nobody wants to take ownership and I’ll be passed pillar to post. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have a similar issue - I do have the old install folder so tried using that.

What I find curious is that when I try to run the game I see that steam is downloading an update. This makes me believe that there has been a patch supplied for this game which is the cause of the issue.  I find the lack of interest shown by the support team to be pathetic and that coupled with the ****** graphics decisions being made by SI in their 3d match engine makes me further convinced that they will not be getting any further money from me.

As I said above, this issue appears to be a steam issue linked to downloading files from older versions and will have to be addressed by steam.  SI's support for their older game versions is carried out by SEGA and has been for some time now.

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, baddragon62 said:

Have contacted Sega and had no response since May 17th. Any other suggestions on a resolution???

For the older games, you really need to talk to SEGA- you will need to chase them up

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, baddragon62 said:

It's hard to chase them up when they don't even respond to your emails.

DLC for some older products is no longer available or supported - if you're having difficulties accessing the game itself, make sure you're on a version of Windows which supports the game. If you are and it still doesn't work, please chase up SEGA support at help@sega.co.uk and let me know the reference number so I can check up on it.

Thanks.

• 8 months later...

As a customer I find this absolutely ludicrous that an issue that has been reported to Steam, Sega and SI 18 months ago has not been resolved. It's not our job to chase this up!! I will not be buying another SI product until this is addressed properly and fixed. You have way more contacts and resources than us consumers these days. Show your customers some respect and get this sorted. Or do customers no longer matter?

25 minutes ago, Peter Dawson said:

As a customer I find this absolutely ludicrous that an issue that has been reported to Steam, Sega and SI 18 months ago has not been resolved. It's not our job to chase this up!! I will not be buying another SI product until this is addressed properly and fixed. You have way more contacts and resources than us consumers these days. Show your customers some respect and get this sorted. Or do customers no longer matter?

Neil asked to give your reference number and he will look into it. Can you post it here to let him know, then he can find out what's happening.

• 10 months later...
On 28/02/2021 at 17:07, Peter Dawson said:

While I can absolutely understand your frustration that something you enjoy isn’t working, the threat of “I will not be buying another SI product” line probably doesn’t carry much weight when you’re still playing a 7 year old game.

16 hours ago, Trugdish said:

Any progress on this? I've sent three emails to Sega with no reply received

If you have a ticket number, Neil can chase if up for you. He asked the same from others here, but so far no ticket number to chase up.

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Trugdish said:

Any progress on this? I've sent three emails to Sega with no reply received

As I said above, DLC for some older products is no longer available or supported. But if you do have a ticket number I can investigate to see why you haven't received a response.

Thanks.