FM2020 Beta on Linux

I Finished a season on the beta and with a db of 80k players and 1 league selected i found the game a bit heavy and with some 3D problems.

Anyone else running the game on Linux through steam ? 

My system specs are:

i5 6300HQ, Nvidia 960M, 8G RAM.

I Have to clean my pc and put 8G more of RAM but just wondering if this could be related to my Hardware or Software.

• 5 weeks later...

I 'm just running the game as it was in windows, non problems.

For those who don't know how to start :

Go to Steam library, right click on your game title then go to 'properties' and check 'Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibily tool' then from a drop down choose 'Proton 4.11-9

that's all folks.

Edited by MaxRMG

On 02/11/2019 at 14:59, Knox316 said:

I Finished a season on the beta and with a db of 80k players and 1 league selected i found the game a bit heavy and with some 3D problems.

Anyone else running the game on Linux through steam ? 

My system specs are:

i5 6300HQ, Nvidia 960M, 8G RAM.

I Have to clean my pc and put 8G more of RAM but just wondering if this could be related to my Hardware or Software.

Quite possibly software, given that the game isn't developed for Linux comparability (as FM hasn't been developed for Linux for a couple of years now), and so may have performance or stability issues.

On 02/12/2019 at 14:58, MaxRMG said:

I 'm just running the game as it was in windows, non problems.

For those who don't know how to start :

Go to Steam library, right click on your game title then go to 'properties' and check 'Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibily tool' then from a drop down choose 'Proton 4.11-9

that's all folks.

Tried this - game starts and right after crash. Only black screen for 3-4 seconds. Debian based distro.

BTW this is maybe related to my graphic driver. Will check this.

Hi! 

I'm using Ubuntu 19 and finally I could run FM2020 on my notebook. The Proton 4.11 for Steam Play didn't work for me but I found another way around, that I share for the ones that have this issue. 

I've installed Lutris (https://lutris.net/) and on that platform the runner Wine Steam. Then, I just run it as always: install FM20 and play. The only issue I still couldn't solve is the 3d graphics, but I think is some drivers issue that I'm trying to install with no luck. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
10 hours ago, Boyette said:

I played this game on linux for many years

since 2020 version 
linux support is revoked??

We don't support Linux any longer as a platform.

There are ways you may be able to get the game running on a Steam platform, but we can't advise with this as it's not supported - meaning we don't use it, and cannot vouch for its stability as a platform. 

We'd actually recommend looking into using Stadia, which you can use on Linux systems.

• 5 months later...
On 24/03/2020 at 11:53, Lucas said:

We don't support Linux any longer as a platform.

There are ways you may be able to get the game running on a Steam platform, but we can't advise with this as it's not supported - meaning we don't use it, and cannot vouch for its stability as a platform. 

We'd actually recommend looking into using Stadia, which you can use on Linux systems.

Stadia costs 10 Euro per month 
and it will never stop

its not a solution

its just buying another platform

I can also buy a windows pc 
i dont want that

I quit playing FM until there will be a native linux game again