[FM20] E20 - England to Level 20 - 454 playable divisions

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Howie8217 said:

Hey dan, I didn’t think there be that many divisions in level 16!!. How many divisions in the remaining levels.     Hope u are keeping well

Havent counted but less than Level 16

21 hours ago, gizmo11x said:

never managed so deep down the pyramid...what kind of attribute ranges do the players have at these double digit levels?

In theory you can get any player, I had Rooney and drogba once. If you want the best player’s just keep looking on players list. Me personally I make my own team and I use players I know grew up with or was in school with and give my self a 30 year transfer ban so I gotta not use home grown players

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same issue but I've tried the L16 file a few times with a few different teams and leagues. Every time the save runs perfectly fine until I get about 10/15 days into the save when it slows down to a snails pace, sometimes taking over 4/5 minutes to advance between days. I have a very powerful PC and used the L15 file without issue, it usually takes no longer 10/20 seconds for me to advance days on a database of this size. Not sure what could be causing this hope the L17 file works better for me. 

Hi dan hope you keeping safe, and everyone. I was reading through the messages and I noticed someone said bout donating something and you said they/we can on intergram I think, how? I’d love to donate something, I know I’ve been inpatient in the past lol (last year and year befor haha).

id like to donate something, (I know we shouldn’t air personal think on the net), but I lost my mam last year to brain cancer and the 10 months befor she past I was looking after her as well as working, the only thing kept me going we FM well your level 20 file and I just want to thank you for that.

when you release this file I think that the last FM I’ll get for a few years then I think I’ll get a new laptop. So thanks again. Stay safe 🙂👍

On 04/09/2020 at 07:25, timmins23 said:

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same issue but I've tried the L16 file a few times with a few different teams and leagues. Every time the save runs perfectly fine until I get about 10/15 days into the save when it slows down to a snails pace, sometimes taking over 4/5 minutes to advance between days. I have a very powerful PC and used the L15 file without issue, it usually takes no longer 10/20 seconds for me to advance days on a database of this size. Not sure what could be causing this hope the L17 file works better for me. 

Run the game with small database, then the loading time is slightly better. You have a huge number of leagues and divisions if you use this file from the bottom, and small database is the only way to speed it up a bit.

1 hour ago, markus1725 said:

Run the game with small database, then the loading time is slightly better. You have a huge number of leagues and divisions if you use this file from the bottom, and small database is the only way to speed it up a bit.

One thing I’ve learnt is start with small database coz after 5seasons u end up with 80,000 plus players 

1 hour ago, Unitediam said:

Hello all I found this file thing by accident god accident :). How do I load the level 19 file? It says level 16 or is level 19 still waiting? I haven’t played FM in a few years can’t wait to try this out 

It's a work in progress.  He releases updated versions of it as he completes the levels, but currently it only goes to level 16.  Eventually, when complete, it will go down to level 20.

I don't think anyone can estimate when it will be complete (even Dan).  But, I believe he said that there are fewer leagues in each level from L17-L20 so they shouldn't take quite as long to complete as the previous levels.  You're probably safe to go ahead and start a practice save now.

Ok ye I think I mite, I sorta hope it may have been ready and I not seen it haha. I’m not keen on having more than one save I hate starting again and again it I use this one I probably won’t use the other o e when it comes out so I’ll try and wait or give it a miss for another time

Anyone got the issue that you started in Level 16, got promoted and second season you suddenly play in a complete different area? I have a club from West Sussex (Broadwater Athletic) and now i play in Rochester Premier Division instead of the next stage in West Sussex.

I look forward to it, and appreciate the hard work that you've put into it.

I've noticed the odd team with the incorrect operating status/kit colours though.

Cadbury athletic are amateur, not semi pro and have a yellow away kit from this season. If you could change that in preparation for my long term I save would appreciate it. Earlswood town are another amateur outfit.

Also could you make a second database identical to the other but just without the jersey and guernsey leagues? 

Thanks 

Edited by iGoldenBen

56 minutes ago, iGoldenBen said:

I look forward to it, and appreciate the hard work that you've put into it.

I've noticed the odd team with the incorrect operating status/kit colours though.

Cadbury athletic are amateur, not semi pro and have a yellow away kit from this season. If you could change that in preparation for my long term I save would appreciate it. Earlswood town are another amateur outfit.

Also could you make a second database identical to the other but just without the jersey and guernsey leagues? 

Thanks 

The Guernsey & Jersey leagues are only playable in one of my databases and not in the others

I've taken kits from the 2019/20 season as this is for the 19/20 database, teams in certain levels will be semi pro, I know not every team are but it's how the database works

15 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Not sure whether to complete the league cups, it'd slow the database even more

I'd weigh it up against the time it takes you Dan, you probably deserve a rest!

Mind you judging by the amount of effort you've already put in I dare say you'd love to have it "complete"

You gonna play it yourself?

Edited by Brother Ben

On 24/09/2020 at 12:45, Dan BHTFC said:

The Guernsey & Jersey leagues are only playable in one of my databases and not in the others

I've taken kits from the 2019/20 season as this is for the 19/20 database, teams in certain levels will be semi pro, I know not every team are but it's how the database works

Would it cause any issues if I changed them to amateur and edited their kits in your database? Just really want to start as amateur as it's more realistic for me. 

Edited by iGoldenBen

5 hours ago, iGoldenBen said:

Would it cause any issues if I changed them to amateur and edited their kits in your database? Just really want to start as amateur as it's more realistic for me. 

I change kits all the time in the database without issues.

I haven't played around with changing the professional/semi-pro/amateur status, but you may have to also change it for the division and maybe even for the parent level to get it work?  Not sure.  Just something to check if changing just a single club to amateur doesn't work as intended.

1 hour ago, jwchriste said:

I change kits all the time in the database without issues.

I haven't played around with changing the professional/semi-pro/amateur status, but you may have to also change it for the division and maybe even for the parent level to get it work?  Not sure.  Just something to check if changing just a single club to amateur doesn't work as intended.

The only reason I ask is I did the same on another database and in my second season I wasn't entered into any cups at all, even though I was in the fa vase and league cup in my first season, so something went wrong somewhere. just wanna try avoid a repeat as restarting saves takes effort. I wonder if it was somehow related to their operating status? Although we went semi pro after end of first season

Edited by iGoldenBen

Did anyone else notice that B teams aren't allowed to be promoted in these leagues?

Is there a way to fix this?  Doesn't seem realistic for this to be true in real life.  And if I'm going to take Durham from Level 10 to champions of Europe, I'd like my reserves to come for the ride.

18 hours ago, petertr said:

Did anyone else notice that B teams aren't allowed to be promoted in these leagues?

Is there a way to fix this?  Doesn't seem realistic for this to be true in real life.  And if I'm going to take Durham from Level 10 to champions of Europe, I'd like my reserves to come for the ride.

It’s a real life rule that reserve teams can’t go further than level 9. If a reserve team is already at level 9 and they get relegated they can’t go back up.

On 20/08/2020 at 21:29, gizmo11x said:

never managed so deep down the pyramid...what kind of attribute ranges do the players have at these double digit levels?

Probably not much different from players at the top of the amateur pyramid (Step 3-4 in England). This is because their stats (or indeed the players themselves) are randomly generated based on CA/PA values, which in turn are based on league reputation). FM isn't suited to such complexity because there is not enough granularity in stat figures.

This is incidentally the reason why it is so easy to get promoted season by season - if you start at level umpteen you're basically facing the same level of opposition year after year for a decade while your carefully managed squad grows stronger. By the time you reach the Conference you're ages ahead of your rivals.

Edited by valve

1 hour ago, FCUtdWill said:

It’s a real life rule that reserve teams can’t go further than level 9. If a reserve team is already at level 9 and they get relegated they can’t go back up.

Cool, cheers.

Side question, is it possible to get rid of a reserve team? There's absolutely no point in them for the game I'll be playing.  Its just going to be a nuisance.

Edited by petertr

1 hour ago, petertr said:

Cool, cheers.

Side question, is it possible to get rid of a reserve team? There's absolutely no point in them for the game I'll be playing.  Its just going to be a nuisance.

Not unless you remove them from the league they’re in in the editor. You won’t be able to if you’re already in a game.

1 hour ago, petertr said:

Cool, cheers.

If you remove them then you'd have to change the min and max number of teams in that League, if you only start the database down to Level 11 they wouldn't be in a playable league anyway 

Keymer & Hassocks was in Level 22 a few years ago they not in this database.. just wondering

Edit: they were in level 17 or something... my question is anyone have a logo pack for this database?

Edited by Fmfan00

11 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

Keymer & Hassocks was in Level 22 a few years ago they not in this database.. just wondering

Edit: they were in level 17 or something... my question is anyone have a logo pack for this database?

The Mid-Sussex League had a restructure a few years back which saw them go to a North/South split like the West Sussex League do which condensed the number of levels in their league.

10 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

If I say swapped Keymour and Hassocks down to Level 20 would it effect the file overall?

Which league would you put them in if you did that? There’s no Sussex league at Level 20.

54 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

The Mid-Sussex League had a restructure a few years back which saw them go to a North/South split like the West Sussex League do which condensed the number of levels in their league.

Which league would you put them in if you did that? There’s no Sussex league at Level 20.

I was just going to put them in any league since it’s level 20 and work my way up to level 1 but I guess since it’s level 17 I could start there it’s low enough