5 star graphics quality but 3d engine stuttering

i have been a fm user for 10 years now but have never faced this challenge. i bought the beta and what i am getting is that the graphics quality is awful. always stopping and stuttering. i have read all the threads and have cleared the cache and reloaded everything but nothing seems to work. the updates get loaded automatically. let me know what needs to be done.

22 minutes ago, djrulz1 said:

i have been a fm user for 10 years now but have never faced this challenge. i bought the beta and what i am getting is that the graphics quality is awful. always stopping and stuttering. i have read all the threads and have cleared the cache and reloaded everything but nothing seems to work. the updates get loaded automatically. let me know what needs to be done.

When is the last time you updated your graphics card?

What are your computer specs?

6 hours ago, djrulz1 said:

despite the updates it hasnt worked. its a bit better now but not what it should be. dont know what to do

It could simply be issues with it being a beta - seems you're not alone with having issues with the 3D match engine being laggy.

20 hours ago, djrulz1 said:

despite the updates it hasnt worked. its a bit better now but not what it should be. dont know what to do

It's hard to know how to help you as you are not responding to all help.

Can you confirm if you tried the link I posted in switching between graphic cards? 

I'm having a similar issue but i know where the origin of the problem is and i can't seem to find a way to solve it.

I have an old laptop, from 2013, an i5 8GB 2.8 Ghz CPU (200 gigas free space) with a NVIDIA GForce820 M in an Windows 8 as a dedicated graphic card.

Until FM19 i was having no issues with lag/graphics, playing in a 4 stars and good rhythm of play despite large database and several leagues as "view only". But since i'm playing the Beta the 4 stars for graphs have downgraded to 1 star and i had to change de Very High/High standards to Medium/Low if i didn't wanted the game to crash.

The thing is, the last update the NVIDIA official setup control has in my pc predates from 2018, when they stop giving any kind of support for Windows 8.

Now when i go to the NVIDIA webpage to download the latest update available for this graph card(from April 19 it seems), the official Nvidia installer freezes at any attempt to install it and says my PC doesn't has clearance for it. So i'm stuck with a version of the 820M from a year ago and i simply can't seem to find a way to overcome this problem. I have the new patch to update downloaded but it´s impossible to install it in order to see if the game goes on with better graphs?

Does anyone here had a similar issue with WIndows 8 dedicated Nvidia graphics after 2018? Or does anyone knows how to get the graph updated in an alternative way?

In aware that the graph card isn't really good nowadays (6 years have passed now) and i have a must buy laptop list for next fall but i would really like to enjoy one last FM version in this laptop (the game is great btw) and i believe this technical issue is preventing it more than just being an old laptop.

Cheers mates

14 minutes ago, SCG88 said:

I'm having a similar issue but i know where the origin of the problem is and i can't seem to find a way to solve it.

I have an old laptop, from 2013, an i5 8GB 2.8 Ghz CPU (200 gigas free space) with a NVIDIA GForce820 M in an Windows 8 as a dedicated graphic card.

Until FM19 i was having no issues with lag/graphics, playing in a 4 stars and good rhythm of play despite large database and several leagues as "view only". But since i'm playing the Beta the 4 stars for graphs have downgraded to 1 star and i had to change de Very High/High standards to Medium/Low if i didn't wanted the game to crash.

The thing is, the last update the NVIDIA official setup control has in my pc predates from 2018, when they stop giving any kind of support for Windows 8.

Now when i go to the NVIDIA webpage to download the latest update available for this graph card(from April 19 it seems), the official Nvidia installer freezes at any attempt to install it and says my PC doesn't has clearance for it. So i'm stuck with a version of the 820M from a year ago and i simply can't seem to find a way to overcome this problem. I have the new patch to update downloaded but it´s impossible to install it in order to see if the game goes on with better graphs?

Does anyone here had a similar issue with WIndows 8 dedicated Nvidia graphics after 2018? Or does anyone knows how to get the graph updated in an alternative way?

In aware that the graph card isn't really good nowadays (6 years have passed now) and i have a must buy laptop list for next fall but i would really like to enjoy one last FM version in this laptop (the game is great btw) and i believe this technical issue is preventing it more than just being an old laptop.

Cheers mates

The GT-820m is Fermi generation and this reached End of Life back in Apirl 2018; which means it is no longer supported for updates.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3473/~/eol-windows-driver-support-for-legacy-products

Oh well, that was it then. So ill be stuck with it until i buy a new one it seems.

Do your reckon it will still be usable for this FM? (ive seen that the graphs rating and the lags area appearing as well in a lot of better pcs/graph cards so im crossing fingers it will be patched up for everyone and i will still be able to play a little bit this years version in this laptop!

Thank you very much for clarifying it for me @Smurf, really appreciated!

17 minutes ago, SCG88 said:

Oh well, that was it then. So ill be stuck with it until i buy a new one it seems.

Do your reckon it will still be usable for this FM? (ive seen that the graphs rating and the lags area appearing as well in a lot of better pcs/graph cards so im crossing fingers it will be patched up for everyone and i will still be able to play a little bit this years version in this laptop!

Thank you very much for clarifying it for me @Smurf, really appreciated!

As it's EOL (end of life) there are no guarantees. 

hi Smurf..yes i tried your link but it hasnt worked. i have changed the settings and made the changes from integrated to dedicated graphics card for fm but to no avail...whenever i start the game it seems to use a lot of resources to run which is a new phenomena for FM. didnt happen earlier since 2007...i have seen videos where some people have worked it out and it running perfectly for them..dont know what to do

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone. i can see that the graphics has improved but its still not entirely smooth. there is stuttering when the ball moves swiftly. the graphics quality is 5 star so i dont know what is wrong. have tried all the tricks mentioned in the blogs but its difficult to know what is wrong. can someone provide some insights?